Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    That's actually the same question i would ask you. The fact that some people do not follow the law is not a reason for a law not to exist. At best your argument says that the age of consent should be lowered to 16....which is already the most common age in the states. But that would not change anything about this particular situation.
    Why would you set the age of consent to the average age? That means a significant proportion are naturally having sex earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Only on MMO-C people argue about the technicality of pedophilia. Stay classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Why would you set the age of consent to the average age? That means a significant proportion are naturally having sex earlier.
    Which is where Close in Age exemptions come into play. You continue to ignore these.

In Canada, the Age of Consent is 16...but there is a close in age exemption that allows for 14 and 15 year olds to have sex with people that are less than 5 years older.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombregato View Post
    Only on MMO-C people argue about the technicality of pedophilia. Stay classy.
    And some of them will argue for hundreds of posts across dozens of pages in defense of diddling minors.

You just don't do that unless you're invested in the issue somewhat.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    And some of them will argue for hundreds of posts across dozens of pages in defense of diddling minors.

You just don't do that unless you're invested in the issue somewhat.
    That is a good point. The " I will defend a action I am guilty of ,so I will feel more justified in doing it " routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That is a good point. The " I will defend a action I am guilty of ,so I will feel more justified in doing it " routine.
    Ahh. He who smelt it dealt it. Pinnacle of logic, foundation of any solid nation.

Quote Originally Posted by drakensoul View Post
    Ahh. He who smelt it dealt it. Pinnacle of logic, foundation of any solid nation.
    How else do you explain posters like Mistame and a few others who have spent hundreds (thousands?) of posts defending pedophiles and statutory rapists?

This isn't about a hobby or something people would normally talk a lot about. This is about every single topic about pedophiles, molesters, or people who want to fuck minors having the same posters showing up to defend them time and time and time and time again.

But hey, maybe that's just me noticing the pattern and I'm wrong. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    How else do you explain posters like Mistame and a few others who have spent hundreds (thousands?) of posts defending pedophiles and statutory rapists?

This isn't about a hobby or something people would normally talk a lot about. This is about every single topic about pedophiles, molesters, or people who want to fuck minors having the same posters showing up to defend them time and time and time and time again.

But hey, maybe that's just me noticing the pattern and I'm wrong. Who knows?
    Well, there is always the alternative possibility that they are just going for Edgelord points.

As well as John Gabriel's Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory:

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizix View Post
    Which is perfectly fine, as long as their sexual experiences are with partners of their age or close and not adults 20 years older than them. I mean, I guess no one really has anything to say against a 14 years old having sex with a 12 or a 16 years old for example but it is kinda different when a 34 years old enters the picture. Age of Consent should not prevent teenagers from having sex, just protect them from adults exploiting them.
    I wanted to respond to this because my partner had the exact same reaction. I understand that an older person may be able to manipulate a novice or otherwise exert a variety of social pressure techniques that a younger person may not be sophisticated enough to understand or properly defend against. I get that, I do. At the same time, if we were to actually see the same difference in ages for two people over the age of consent nobody would say anything. Ultimately, I see this as an age based prejudice that is actually either irrational or somehow linked to a misguided sense that the younger person is "innocent" and the older person is a "predator." I'm not convinced that there is anything wrong with two people over the age of consent doing anything they like. A lot of people, particularly parents, are not prepared to grant individuals the independence they actually have under the law. There is no harm in protecting children, but they grow up into adults that can make up their own minds about things - even when we might prefer they made better or simply different choices at times.

A dear friend had a younger sister that had a situation exactly like the one in this thread and it didn't phase me except that I thought the relationship was doomed because of the extreme age difference. The same gal, some year later as a young adult, ended up living with a man that was beating her. On that occasion I told her straight up we could drop a potato sack on that asshole and hit him with baseball bats. The whole thing turns on consent. In the former situation she was not harmed and, in fact, consented - sex is not harm however sleazy it may seem from outside the situation. In the later case she was being abused by a violent man and that is never consensual.