Thread: Rip TV build?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Rip TV build?

Thermal Void Icy Veins' duration is increased by 10 sec. Your Ice Lances against frozen targets extend your Icy Veins by 2 an additional 1 sec. Frost Mage - Level 100 Talent.

The TV build will die in 7.2.5?`

How will this affect ppl with the legendary hands?

It would be such a shame that they mess around with classes all the time cause of all the AP, gear and Legendarys that has to be farmed!

Well, yes and no. TV build will still work but we just wont have 100% uptime with it. The current gear level/lucky relics, procs and lege hands made it so that you still had IV on when IV came out of cooldown so yeah, ofc they nerf it. Considers whats our set bonus in ToS also I assume they just dont want us to have 2 frozen orbs during IV.

7+ Year Old Account
    Arcane it is then!?

i dont wanna play arcane, i just went frost damnit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooflop View Post

Stay frost, jeez you act as if Frost is over now.

You will still maintain IV for 45 seconds, only people this truly nerfs are mages who can keep it up 80% uptime...

If anything this is a buff to medicore mages, it creates a higher average of IV uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooflop View Post
    I just want to play arcane but blizzard has kept it crap the entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMaccloud View Post
    Arcane it is then!?
    I'd rather unsub and quit for good than change spec another time, i already invested a lot of time and AP into crap fire to do the same with frost
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    For me it's the artifact that sort of f*cks this up, previously it hasn't really been an issue to switch between specs - you just had some other gear in the bank and then things where fine but now with the artifact and legendaries this sucks hard - the solution for me has been to have two mages where one is fire and the other is frost (and they are only that, I tried early or previously when you could "max" the artifact so sink some into other specs but it just wasnt worth it).

Still what bothers me more is how much smoother and easier it is to play one of my melee characters, instant and nearly free mega cleave, they all feel better playing. I guess this just wasn't out expansion. I gather this is how melee has felt for many many expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    For me it's the artifact that sort of f*cks this up, previously it hasn't really been an issue to switch between specs - you just had some other gear in the bank and then things where fine but now with the artifact and legendaries this sucks hard - the solution for me has been to have two mages where one is fire and the other is frost (and they are only that, I tried early or previously when you could "max" the artifact so sink some into other specs but it just wasnt worth it).

Still what bothers me more is how much smoother and easier it is to play one of my melee characters, instant and nearly free mega cleave, they all feel better playing. I guess this just wasn't out expansion. I gather this is how melee has felt for many many expansions.
    Depends on the melee. Feral druids are known for being legendarily clunky and for a long time unholy DK's were pretty intensive on the difficult to play side. Unsure if that's still the same in Legion, because magemasterlcass.

Honestly if I want smooth gameplay as mage I play fire with 50%+ crit. It just feels smooth at that level.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Depends on the melee. Feral druids are known for being legendarily clunky and for a long time unholy DK's were pretty intensive on the difficult to play side. Unsure if that's still the same in Legion, because magemasterlcass.

Honestly if I want smooth gameplay as mage I play fire with 50%+ crit. It just feels smooth at that level.
    I would agree on the Feral Druid part, that has always been clunky and as far as I can tell still is. Unholy DK works fine now, certainly so after unlocking the artifact thing that gave you three runes back for using apocalypse. Fire mage with 50%+ crit is incredibly smooth to play, highly mobile and very enjoyable in that regard. It's just the pyros doesn't seem to hit that hard compared to say the frozen critting ice lances.

I am not one of those people who post , omg nerf I will unsub etc , however Its get to a point it feel annoying to farm ap and legendary then suddenly the spec get nerf , please Don't tell me play what you want have fun with because I like being competitive and raiding mythic so playing what I want is not option , please if any one have solution or idea about those sudden changes feel free to share , ( I am thinking to save all ap from now on ) I am at 46 trait on frost atm

Quote Originally Posted by Carelesim View Post
    I am not one of those people who post , omg nerf I will unsub etc , however Its get to a point it feel annoying to farm ap and legendary then suddenly the spec get nerf , please Don't tell me play what you want have fun with because I like being competitive and raiding mythic so playing what I want is not option , please if any one have solution or idea about those sudden changes feel free to share , ( I am thinking to save all ap from now on ) I am at 46 trait on frost atm
    this

blizz dont understand i have limited time to play cant grind shit again . im not unsub but gonna be really painfull if i have to respec

arcane 7.2.5 hype!

fire 7.3.5 hype!

maybe frost hype again if the expansion survives as long as 7.4.5!

welcome to legion class spec design/balance shitshow, we hope you enjoy your stay btw go farm more ap lolol
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2017-04-14 at 01:47 PM.

Considers the ToS gearlevels and set bonuses I assume playing TV spec will end you with 40-50 sec IV but glacial spike spec or just a normal frost spec will still work and be good. Yes yes, we wont be the nr1 dps spec but as long as there is melee this x-pack, we never will be.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    Considers the ToS gearlevels and set bonuses I assume playing TV spec will end you with 40-50 sec IV but glacial spike spec or just a normal frost spec will still work and be good. Yes yes, we wont be the nr1 dps spec but as long as there is melee this x-pack, we never will be.
    Its not so much the melee, its that raids are more friendly towards melee. NH is a nightmare for ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Its not so much the melee, its that raids are more friendly towards melee. NH is a nightmare for ranged.
    Ranged do mechanics and melee tunnel boss, smart design really!!

* Trilliax: who has to deal with cakes and robots? Ranged!
    * Alueriel: who has to deal with mark of frost/fiery brand? Ranged
    * Botanist: who has to deal with flowers? Ranged
    * Tichondrius: who has to deal with yellow circles and adds? Ranged
    * Elisande: who has to soak epocheric orbs? Ranged
    * Gul'dan: who has to help break chains? Ranged

wp blizz, really!
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2017-04-14 at 03:00 PM.
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Ranged do mechanics and melee tunnel boss, smart design really!!
    was better than the past 12 years of Ranged stand back and DPS, Melee has to dodge a bunch of Cleave, whilst also needing to run detonation mechanics out of Raid, whilst also needing to reposition every time a tank moves so we aren't parried/dodged. etc etc.

Ranged pretends like they haven't had it easy for the past decade and are only crying now because after years of being bad at mechanics, they are realising they need to git gud.

Deleted
    Rip frost, every patch changing spec, thanks blizzard. Why fix a bug (double lance) when you can fuck the entire spec?

Ranged never had it easy at least since Cata.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't panic that hard. Numbers won't go down that much for most people. Just the spec will be boring as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Imaskar View Post
    Ranged never had it easy at least since Cata.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't panic that hard. Numbers won't go down that much for most people. Just the spec will be boring as hell.
    Fire didn't go down with 7.1.5, it went up but not as much as all other classes that got boosted a lot more, also frost is reaching haste cap as gear gets better
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©