Thread: Rip TV build?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #81
    Meanwhile assa rogues with leggy boots, elisande trinket and relics are getting closer to 100% vendetta uptime
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

  2. #82
    Guys guys we're saved. Latest PTR notes: Cone of Cold +170% damage. We're good.

  3. #83
    Can anyone login to PTR and confirm this?
    Last edited by seniorproc; 2017-04-19 at 07:56 AM.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    Guys guys we're saved. Latest PTR notes: Cone of Cold +170% damage. We're good.
    good !
    one more spell to use in aoe
    that was not expected. but still funny

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxMaccloud View Post
    Arcane it is then!?
    Rather be rerolling to another class than playing arcane.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by faguoren View Post
    good !
    one more spell to use in aoe
    that was not expected. but still funny
    Is that before or after "Burst of Cold damage bonus to Cone of Cold reduced to 400% (was 800%)."....

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Meanwhile assa rogues with leggy boots, elisande trinket and relics are getting closer to 100% vendetta uptime
    warriors and DHs have been pumping ridiculous numbers for a while now. its ok, apparently there was so much hate towards Fire mages padding on Xavius, melees are now untouchable.

    OT: Even with the nerfed TV(not as severe), I would like to see them bump our AOE - e.g. make Flurry hits have an extra splash like Phoenix Flames, up Blizzard dmg, make Splitting ice both crit when you have Winters chill, even without Fingers of Frost.

  8. #88
    Field Marshal FoxMaccloud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Order Hall
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Ionchannel View Post
    Is that before or after "Burst of Cold damage bonus to Cone of Cold reduced to 400% (was 800%)."....

    That nerf is only in PvP though.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    warriors and DHs have been pumping ridiculous numbers for a while now. its ok, apparently there was so much hate towards Fire mages padding on Xavius, melees are now untouchable.

    OT: Even with the nerfed TV(not as severe), I would like to see them bump our AOE - e.g. make Flurry hits have an extra splash like Phoenix Flames, up Blizzard dmg, make Splitting ice both crit when you have Winters chill, even without Fingers of Frost.
    we need a different golden trait. warriors golden trait is ridiculously good and ours is barely 2% damage on a pull.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    we need a different golden trait. warriors golden trait is ridiculously good and ours is barely 2% damage on a pull.
    welcome to world of meleecraft 2017.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    welcome to world of meleecraft 2017.
    Meleegion
    /chars
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

  12. #92
    I really don't see this TV change as earth shattering... it just increases the value of the lego gloves even more. Now, instead of increasing the duration by a factor of 50%, they increase the duration by a factor of 100%, or double.

    Worst case scenario, go FT and GS w/ beavers/shard as lego's and still rock ST damage, don't forget, spell coefficients are all getting buffed by 20-60% for most of the frost spells.

  13. #93
    aren't the spell coefficients just baking in the damage aura we are losing?
    Kaltra - Vengeance DH Illidan

  14. #94
    I mean we would need to do some serious maths to confirm/deny that one, but if you look at the % gain vs. original coefficient it's not the same across the board so, to me, it doesn't seem like they're baking in a flat % aura.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Krangh View Post
    I really don't see this TV change as earth shattering... it just increases the value of the lego gloves even more. Now, instead of increasing the duration by a factor of 50%, they increase the duration by a factor of 100%, or double.

    Worst case scenario, go FT and GS w/ beavers/shard as lego's and still rock ST damage, don't forget, spell coefficients are all getting buffed by 20-60% for most of the frost spells.
    actually its the other way around, this change greatly devalues the gloves for frost as you will have a very very hard time to keep IV up for an extended perior of time which was the frost glove's main strength, i even think that the value of the gloves drops below the value of the sephuz ring as a pure stat stick, not counting the proc so that is a pretty big nerf for the gloves, but you're correct, the nerf isnt earth shattering its actually a minor nerf overall, aroud 1-3% so the sky is definately not falling.

    also, the spellcoefs arent getting buffed, they are simply removing the spellauras and baking them into the core spells, a lot of ppl seem to think that this is an actual buff but it only maintains the status quo in terms of dmg.

  16. #96
    The Lightbringer Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    3,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    was better than the past 12 years of Ranged stand back and DPS, Melee has to dodge a bunch of Cleave, whilst also needing to run detonation mechanics out of Raid, whilst also needing to reposition every time a tank moves so we aren't parried/dodged. etc etc.

    Ranged pretends like they haven't had it easy for the past decade and are only crying now because after years of being bad at mechanics, they are realising they need to git gud.
    Mostly OT but pretty much this as far as the argument in question is concerned. The only reason you took melee over ranged was to cover interrupts. Any more than that and it's nearly always a huge liability to the raid (cleave, positions, movement, higher mechanic placement potential on boss etc...) whereas you can never have too much ranged since they're far more efficient when it comes to, well, almost everything.

    Yet all the sudden pitchforks and torches come out over the horrific plight of ranged DPS where they have to actually compete with those melee scrubs while focusing on mechanics. It must be hard taking those blinders off once in a while.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-04-21 at 07:12 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

  17. #97
    The buff to Cone of Cold : instead of doing 37-40k it does 87-90k- still not worth using imo.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Mostly OT but pretty much this as far as the argument in question is concerned. The only reason you took melee over ranged was to cover interrupts. Any more than that and it's nearly always a huge liability to the raid (cleave, positions, movement, higher mechanic placement potential on boss etc...) whereas you can never have too much ranged since they're far more efficient when it comes to, well, almost everything.

    Yet all the sudden pitchforks and torches come out over the horrific plight of ranged DPS where they have to actually compete with those melee scrubs while focusing on mechanics. It must be hard taking those blinders off once in a while.
    this argument never makes sense. just because melee had it harder back then doesnt suddenly make it ok that ranged have it harder now. thats like saying that because a class has always been bad, suddenly its okay now that theyre op. that just isnt how any of this works. theres no correlation. ranged getting all the mechanics responsibilities while melee have to do nothing is bad just like it was in the reverse back then. having a bias because you perceive some kind of past slight against your class has nothing to do with current balance.
    Last edited by kheath812; 2017-04-21 at 10:47 PM.

  19. #99
    Frankly, the TV build is the most clunky and awkward spec the Mage ever had. Optimizing around distance from boss, spell flight speeds, frantically spamming instants to prevent a buff from expiring, it is a total mess. In my opinion TV should be entirely removed like the Quickening was from Arcane. Arcane Mages were doing all manner of gimpy tricks to extend their Quickening, same now with TV.

    And then even if TV is deleted, there remains the Glacial Spike + Blink(Shimmer) + Flurry, to gimp-cause GS to Shatter. The whole way Flurry works creates the clumsy distance to boss playstyle. So I would say along with TV the Flurry mechanic is the second main issue in the core of Frost.
    VICTORY!!!

  20. #100
    The Lightbringer Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hunter Forums <3
    Posts
    3,690
    The tears in this thread is amazing.
    Hi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •