Thread: Rip TV build?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krangh View Post
    I really don't see this TV change as earth shattering... it just increases the value of the lego gloves even more. Now, instead of increasing the duration by a factor of 50%, they increase the duration by a factor of 100%, or double.

Worst case scenario, go FT and GS w/ beavers/shard as lego's and still rock ST damage, don't forget, spell coefficients are all getting buffed by 20-60% for most of the frost spells.
    I understand what you are saying but what you said is only true if there was only gloves as legendary in the game. because gloves would be doing more valuable work, right?

NO. as soon as you consider the other legendaries in game, the gloves are devalued immensely.

relatively, the gloves' dps performance goes shit compared to you having other good legendaries.
    Last edited by Grusalugg; 2017-05-06 at 02:10 PM.

Gosh, stop with this spell coefficients! They are NOT GETTING BUFFED, its just an aura getting incorporated in spell descriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    I can't reach 2nd frozen orb with 9.2k haste 895 whispers and 885 metronome and gloves even under TW, there are always 2-3-4 seconds missing
    all go to fire gg frost xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helldragon View Post
    all go to fire gg frost xD
    lol never going to happen unless they triple the buff fire got recently from the hotfix, also if you dont have bracers and belt, then you should never even consider fire as a spec to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    arcane 7.2.5 hype!

fire 7.3.5 hype!

maybe frost hype again if the expansion survives as long as 7.4.5!

welcome to legion class spec design/balance shitshow, we hope you enjoy your stay btw go farm more ap lolol
    This is the new meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    arcane 7.2.5 hype!

fire 7.3.5 hype!

maybe frost hype again if the expansion survives as long as 7.4.5!

welcome to legion class spec design/balance shitshow, we hope you enjoy your stay btw go farm more ap lolol
    This is done with the purpose of forcing you to play more and grinding more AP
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Wasn't talking specifically about one person, so please don't take it personally. We know nothing about each other on the Internet, and my assumptions about the overall playerbase are based on having to go over mountains of logs as an officer and raid leader that has to recruit others.

My experience from reading these logs so often is that a vast majority of Mythic raiders (not even gonna bother going below that) have difficulties with a large number of mechanics, not just from bosses, but from their own specs.

To mention a few:
    - Prismatic Crystal. This was an amazingly powerful ability. You'd imagine Mythic raiders that were 13/13M were good at it, right? Wrong. Most were horrible.
    To be honest, problem with prismatic crystal was that doing it properly wasn't 100% dependant on you, if tank moved boss away because he wanted to do it, guess what happened. Yes, your prismatic got wasted...

Quote Originally Posted by Furaiowy View Post
    To be honest, problem with prismatic crystal was that doing it properly wasn't 100% dependant on you, if tank moved boss away because he wanted to do it, guess what happened. Yes, your prismatic got wasted...
    The problem was it was just shit to play. It's still shit to play now that it's called soul effigy.

This is done with the purpose of forcing you to play more and grinding more AP
    7-7.1 was Fire, 7.2-7.2.5 is Frost, 7.3 is Arcane, grinding AP galore.

Deleted
    Did they release ToS Mythic for tests or all of you speculating that fights will be great for Frost after playing normal/hc version of it? Wait for Mythic, only then you can tel which spec is better. Btw. on PTR GS build is already stronger than TV build. So frost's future does not seem to be so bright if the ToS fights will have some heavy movements phases

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    So frost's future does not seem to be so bright if the ToS fights will have some heavy movements phases
    Frost with icy floes is one of the most mobile range in the game.

Deleted
    Mine speculations are a bit different than yours. You are saying that something will happened for sure, like Frost Will be the strongest, when i am saying thatGS build may be not so good IF there will be a lot of movement. Can you see the difference?

But we can speculate here a bit more about frost. I thinks the fights in ToS are not even a bit as favourable for Frost as the NH fights. Why? Because in NH there were multiple fights with huge casting speed buffs (chromatic, elisande, Gul'dan) with this Frost mage could skyrocket with their double IL and never ending IV. Moreover, top trinkets in NH (whisper, metronome) were super strong on Frost. Where in ToS there is only one trinket with haste which is medicore at best, and the fights themselves are not giving casting buffs anymore. If you sum it with the recent nerfs and with fact that tier set stats are awesome for Arcane (set bonus not so much) i thinks those two classes will be very close to eachother.
    Ps. Arcane didn't receive any changes on PTR.

Deleted
    frost atm, is still going to be superior to arcane and fire and they are even going to have more playable builds to play than the other 2 specs, builds like the GS build where you can shatter 100% of your GS will make that build very strong plus there are good trinkets that supports the GS quite a lot, the TV build might have been hit with an 8ish% nerf(still better than the other specs, just not to the same degree) but GS is certainly alive and kicking, potentially reaching the lvl of live TV build even with movement due to the fact that frost has significant more ways to deal dmg while moving.

Frost is still going to be good. Not sure why people are freaking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Frost is still going to be good. Not sure why people are freaking out.
    Fire and arcane are still going to be shit, what's the point of playing a pure dps class when you are forced into one spec for mythic content?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Fire and arcane are still going to be shit, what's the point of playing a pure dps class when you are forced into one spec for mythic content?
    You are not forced into one spec l2p your spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    You are not forced into one spec l2p your spec.
    you are if you want to play optimally, we arent all blessed with being in a guild of semi-crappy players that cant out dps an arcane mage like you tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    you are if you want to play optimally, we arent all blessed with being in a guild of semi-crappy players that cant out dps an arcane mage like you tho.
    Damn, my guild is only on 4th place on server / 265th world rank :C I should quit the game because I have cleared Mythic a bit slower with spec I like.

In more serious tone, have u cleared NH Mythic as one of top 10 guilds? If no than sorry but you didn't achieve anything, meanwhile you are forcing yourself to play the spec you don't like. So yeah, i prefer to be in semi-crappy guild but have some fun and do the same content as you did in your 'hardcore' guild anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc5633d002d8; 2017-05-26 at 04:05 PM.

I'm envious of anyone who genuinely enjoys any Mage spec this expansion. I love raiding, and I've been playing my Mage since 2008, so there's no chance on earth I'd reroll, but it's been a shit show as far as class enjoyment goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ipsissimus View Post
    I'm envious of anyone who genuinely enjoys any Mage spec this expansion. I love raiding, and I've been playing my Mage since 2008, so there's no chance on earth I'd reroll, but it's been a shit show as far as class enjoyment goes.
    I've enjoyed it, but then again I started as Frost before it was good (always hated fire). It helps that frost performed well in NH and I received 2 BiS legends early on ... still waiting on that darn BL ring though. 8/10 ATM