Thread: Rip TV build?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    arcane 7.2.5 hype!

fire 7.3.5 hype!

maybe frost hype again if the expansion survives as long as 7.4.5!

welcome to legion class spec design/balance shitshow, we hope you enjoy your stay btw go farm more ap lolol
    This is the new meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    arcane 7.2.5 hype!

fire 7.3.5 hype!

maybe frost hype again if the expansion survives as long as 7.4.5!

welcome to legion class spec design/balance shitshow, we hope you enjoy your stay btw go farm more ap lolol
    This is done with the purpose of forcing you to play more and grinding more AP
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Wasn't talking specifically about one person, so please don't take it personally. We know nothing about each other on the Internet, and my assumptions about the overall playerbase are based on having to go over mountains of logs as an officer and raid leader that has to recruit others.

My experience from reading these logs so often is that a vast majority of Mythic raiders (not even gonna bother going below that) have difficulties with a large number of mechanics, not just from bosses, but from their own specs.

To mention a few:
    - Prismatic Crystal. This was an amazingly powerful ability. You'd imagine Mythic raiders that were 13/13M were good at it, right? Wrong. Most were horrible.
    To be honest, problem with prismatic crystal was that doing it properly wasn't 100% dependant on you, if tank moved boss away because he wanted to do it, guess what happened. Yes, your prismatic got wasted...

Quote Originally Posted by Furaiowy View Post
    To be honest, problem with prismatic crystal was that doing it properly wasn't 100% dependant on you, if tank moved boss away because he wanted to do it, guess what happened. Yes, your prismatic got wasted...
    The problem was it was just shit to play. It's still shit to play now that it's called soul effigy.

Quote Originally Posted by Furaiowy View Post
    And this is why the best mages knew when the boss is moved where and ALWAYS planned ahead. We are talking about Mythic, yes? Nobody cares about the Normal/heroic pugs and what the boosted tank did.

Quote Originally Posted by pies1 View Post
    The problem was it was just shit to play. It's still shit to play now that it's called soul effigy.
    And this is how we lost our BEST potential ability. PC had the most potential to do great DPS. Everything depended on its good execution. I love that design, for a few reasons. First, the rotation outside CDs is less tiring (compare it to keep IV up for 2 mins... that's tiring). Second, if properly executed at the right time, with a sprinkle of RNG over great gear------->amazing DPS.

People should l2p instead of complaining about their best ability. People should know that adapting to these abilities that seem cumbersome at first will yield amazing results. never, ever try to let go of your best asset. Instead, learn to use it.

I hope losing PC is a lesson for the mage community, as our specs all lost their potential to do great things with PC. There are always new tricks; but an ability that boosts your damage for 30% is RARE. Cling to it.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    This is done with the purpose of forcing you to play more and grinding more AP
    7-7.1 was Fire, 7.2-7.2.5 is Frost, 7.3 is Arcane, grinding AP galore.

Oh, there are still people here who think the sky is falling?

Cool. You guys grind out all of that AP for Arcane, meanwhile Frost isn't even going to lose that much DPS on average, and is still going to be head and shoulders above the other specs given the nature of the fights in ToS.

Like I understand the concerns about the extremes of our damage being clipped, and that will affect me too, but on a fight-by-fight basis this literally isn't even a big deal at all.

Did they release ToS Mythic for tests or all of you speculating that fights will be great for Frost after playing normal/hc version of it? Wait for Mythic, only then you can tel which spec is better. Btw. on PTR GS build is already stronger than TV build. So frost's future does not seem to be so bright if the ToS fights will have some heavy movements phases

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    So frost's future does not seem to be so bright if the ToS fights will have some heavy movements phases
    Frost with icy floes is one of the most mobile range in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    Did they release ToS Mythic for tests or all of you speculating that fights will be great for Frost after playing normal/hc version of it? Wait for Mythic, only then you can tel which spec is better. Btw. on PTR GS build is already stronger than TV build. So frost's future does not seem to be so bright if the ToS fights will have some heavy movements phases
    *Gives people shit for speculating*

*Starts speculating in literally the next sentence*

We don't need the mythic versions of the fights to make some basic assumptions. Don't be a tool. The fights are clearly favourable to frost over the other specs on a very basic level. Whatever mechanics are added in Mythic aren't going to suddenly shift the balance in some sort of game-breaking way.

As for GS, you've answered your own question. It might be stronger in terms of raw output but given how badly it suffers from movement, it's not stronger in practice.

Frost's future is fine. It literally only takes the tiniest little bit of brain thinking to see that.

Mine speculations are a bit different than yours. You are saying that something will happened for sure, like Frost Will be the strongest, when i am saying thatGS build may be not so good IF there will be a lot of movement. Can you see the difference?

But we can speculate here a bit more about frost. I thinks the fights in ToS are not even a bit as favourable for Frost as the NH fights. Why? Because in NH there were multiple fights with huge casting speed buffs (chromatic, elisande, Gul'dan) with this Frost mage could skyrocket with their double IL and never ending IV. Moreover, top trinkets in NH (whisper, metronome) were super strong on Frost. Where in ToS there is only one trinket with haste which is medicore at best, and the fights themselves are not giving casting buffs anymore. If you sum it with the recent nerfs and with fact that tier set stats are awesome for Arcane (set bonus not so much) i thinks those two classes will be very close to eachother.
    Ps. Arcane didn't receive any changes on PTR.

frost atm, is still going to be superior to arcane and fire and they are even going to have more playable builds to play than the other 2 specs, builds like the GS build where you can shatter 100% of your GS will make that build very strong plus there are good trinkets that supports the GS quite a lot, the TV build might have been hit with an 8ish% nerf(still better than the other specs, just not to the same degree) but GS is certainly alive and kicking, potentially reaching the lvl of live TV build even with movement due to the fact that frost has significant more ways to deal dmg while moving.