Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I wouldn't be disappointed really. Helm/Legs offer the most stats per item slot while having the extra stat since Blizzard added it in 7.1.5.

For me swapping out my healing legs for the bracers is a DPS loss(with Thunderslash+CoF).

Both the helm and legs rank very high, only beaten by the Trinket, Belt and Shoulders.

OT: If you have like 3k haste rating, chances are SimC will give you haste > mastery. My haste value keeps jumping high if I go below 5k(16-17%?), so I use the Botanist Ring which gives a nice chunk of haste and puts me at like 21%.

I would highly recommend getting close to 20% haste, as at that point it becomes much easier to maintain 3 stacks of DF during Bloodlust.

I would also recommend being careful with pawn. For example when I sim my character with my Botanist ring, I get the standard M > H > C > V. However now it shows that my Spellblade ring is 5% upgrade. But simming them side-by-side shows the Botanist ring actually 11k DPS ahead and flips the stat weights to H > M.

It is best to sim a piece of gear unless it is a huge upgrade(15 iLvl) to find out if it's actually better. There is a holy ratio for BM at which ratios it is best to keep your stats at for ST, and using stat weights can actually result in a DPS loss if one stat drops too low because of a new piece of gear.
    This is a fantastic post as this happened to me as well almost word for word with a different ring I had. Pawn showed it as a 5% upgrade but when I put it on an simmed it was a dps loss over what I had before because I think my haste dropped too low. I find 18%-20% haste seems to be the sweet spot for me. That is with Shoulders and Boots legendary and 885 BTI and 900 Mastery Trinket

Quote Originally Posted by maxiedaxie View Post
    may i ask why gnome? I would have thought night night elf for haste/crit or panda for food buff i know gnome give a flat 1% haste
    It is a flat 1% haste at all times. Haste > crit as is, but when you factor in that it takes more haste rating to get 1% than it does for crit, it makes it that much more valuable. Also as mentioned before the extra focus is nice.
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!