Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why are there no wild pet battles on the Broken Shore?

As far as I know this is the first time since MoP that a new area released with the patch lacks them completely.

Why is that?

Maybeeeeee because the Burning Legion?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    As far as I know this is the first time since MoP that a new area released with the patch lacks them completely.

Why is that?
    cause they be dead
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    cause they be dead
    What if the patch was just rushed and they cba to deal with designing them? There have been more war-torn areas in the game that HAD pet battles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    Maybeeeeee because the Burning Legion?
    Seems like a good opportunity to design BL-inspired interesting pet battles in that area. Seems to me they were just lazy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    What if the patch was just rushed and they cba to deal with designing them? There have been more war-torn areas in the game that HAD pet battles.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like a good opportunity to design BL-inspired interesting pet battles in that area. Seems to me they were just lazy.
    we allready had tannan for that, but again, pet battles? i mean you allready got pet battle world quests, and a pet battle dungeon, aswell as 2 more pet battle dungeons on the way and your going "eh they are lazy"

if they wanted to add pet battles to the island it would take no time at all, reuse some old ones or make like 5 new ones and scatter them about
    its most likely they just felt the dungeon was enough and didnt want to litter the island
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    we allready had tannan for that, but again, pet battles? i mean you allready got pet battle world quests, and a pet battle dungeon, aswell as 2 more pet battle dungeons on the way and your going "eh they are lazy"

if they wanted to add pet battles to the island it would take no time at all, reuse some old ones or make like 5 new ones and scatter them about
    its most likely they just felt the dungeon was enough and didnt want to litter the island
    There are lot - and I say a lot! - of people that would like them to design those pet battles that you say take no time at all. Killing new pets in a new zone is what the pet battle enthusiasts thrive on. The dungeon is boring, just filled with one-dimensional beast pets we´ve seen before. Very unimaginative.

Lore wise you could argue they are all dead - although there are even more life unfriendly places where they exist.

In reality they simply forgot them or they did not think it was worth the time implementing them.

And they added a ton of pets for different classes

You see those groups of cockroaches?
    There's a chance one of them is a legendary fel infused cockroach.

because broken shore is one of the most ugly dull and boring places blizzard ever added.

i can't remember a more disappointing place, they should of almost stuck with their status quo of cutting it, like happened in WoD, instead it's rushed and shitty.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I wondered that as well.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

they can't survive on the isle

I imagine because they didn't get around to thoroughly finishing the patch before it was released. There have been plenty of things like this in 7.2 that seem like oversights that would've been fixed with another PTR build or two.

Because they spent all their time making insta-spawn, insta-aggro mobs, so that you'll either die, or get stuck somewhere for like 3 hours.

My theory is that they had those people making the pet battle dungeon instead and nobody had time to add anything to the shore before patch release.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd love mini felguard/felhound/doomguard/fel lord/pit lord inspired pets but likely won't see many till either a store or raiding with leashes achievement in a few years.

So far we have Succubus, Infernal, (Baby) beholder, inquisitor eyes, Felstalker(collectors edition), Wyrmtongues, Imps.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-04-19 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Etoo View Post
    Because they spent all their time making insta-spawn, insta-aggro mobs, so that you'll either die, or get stuck somewhere for like 3 hours.
    Those damn fel murlocs are the worst.

Deleted
    Almost the entire shore is hostile, it'd be hard to actually engage in a battle. Would've been cool to see some fel-infused creatures, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VolksDK View Post
    Almost the entire shore is hostile, it'd be hard to actually engage in a battle. Would've been cool to see some fel-infused creatures, though
    There are at least some fel-infused bats cruising around some areas, but we already got some with the pre-Legion event. They could have added some fel-crabs and such.

Probably because the legion doesn't believe in fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================