Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Uh huh, you paid them to spy on innocent citizens, paving the way for criminals to exploit the very same citizens because those people you paid can't even be bothered to get their shit together or let companies like Microsoft know about the security breaches so they can actually fix it?

Ok then.
    The NSA doesn't give a shit about what the average citizen is doing. You'll probably be mad at all the illegal shit they do ignore because it's not in their jurisdiction.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Good thing I've been running 10 since it was released then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Clearly the Linux uprising is upon us.
    The sooner the better.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    The sooner the better.
    Why? I don't understand the hype about Linux.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh huh, you paid them to spy on innocent citizens, paving the way for criminals to exploit the very same citizens because those people you paid can't even be bothered to get their shit together or let companies like Microsoft know about the security breaches so they can actually fix it?

Ok then.
    Companies like Microsoft are in on the spying, friendo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_...lance_program)

PRISM is a secret code name for a program under which the United States National Security Agency (NSA) collects internet communications from at least nine major US internet companies.

The documents identified several technology companies as participants in the PRISM program, including Microsoft in 2007, Yahoo! in 2008, Google in 2009, Facebook in 2009, Paltalk in 2009, YouTube in 2010, AOL in 2011, Skype in 2011 and Apple in 2012.
    This thread is about exploiting vulnerabilities to gain access to closed systems. Something that the NSA is only one of many players involved in.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    The NSA doesn't give a shit about what the average citizen is doing. You'll probably be mad at all the illegal shit they do ignore because it's not in their jurisdiction.
    I get it, you don't give a shit about your basic right's as a human.
    You tell me when NSA catch dem um evul terrorists by violating your privacy, don't forget to whine and moan when republicans and the rest of those shitheads vote to remove any privacy you have left aswell, you gotta keep up that hypocrisy people like you are so well known for after all.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Companies like Microsoft are in on the spying, friendo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_...lance_program)

This thread is about exploiting vulnerabilities to gain access to closed systems. Something that the NSA is only one of many players involved in.
    I mean if you actually read the OP, you would know that the NSA or any other governmental instance didn't warn Microsoft of the exploits in their tools, leading to the shitstorm we are currently in.

Had they done so, Microsoft would have fixed this and done something about it long before it ended up in the hands of criminals and god know's what else
    Because they didn't, we have up to 20 million users open to any kind of exploit, scam and cyber crime.

It's pretty amazing to see people how people are so willing to give up what is considered basic freedom in the west in some false sense of security against terrorists.
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2017-04-15 at 01:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean if you actually read the OP, you would know that the NSA or any other governmental instance didn't warn Microsoft of the exploits in their tools, leading to the shitstorm we are currently in.

Had they done so, Microsoft would have fixed this and done something about it long before it ended up in the hands of criminals and god know's what else, because they didn't.
    We have up to 20 million users open to any kind of exploit, scam or and cyber crime.
    Perhaps you should be angry at the non-state entity that stole this information rather than the NSA, who was not using it nefariously and by all accounts was using it to try and keep you safe.

Perhaps you should be angry at the non-state entity that stole this information rather than the NSA, who was not using it nefariously and by all accounts was using it to try and keep you safe.
    I think i'm still going to remain angry at the NSA for making this stuff, that you childishly believe the government is working in your best interest is also pretty damn fucking funny.

Why do you trust the government so blindly, especially when there is overwhelming evidence of corruption already taking place? It is ran by people with their own interests and whose interest do you think massed data collection represents? Do you seriously think it is done to "stop terrorist attacks" when it has been proven time and again that mass data harvesting is in no way efficient to prevent this kind of thing and the only ones that end up in jail or on the "list" are idiot kids that make "gonna shoot school up tomorrow" posts on Facebook.

Plus take that mass data collection and leave it in the hand of criminals aswell now.
    Everything from personal information to bank information.

But hey, you got nothing to hide so who gives a shit that NSA left your computers and with that your personal information entirely in the hands of criminals and foreign governments.
    NSA dindu nuffin.
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2017-04-15 at 01:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you trust the government so blindly, especially when there is overwhelming evidence of corruption already taking place? It is ran by people with their own interests and whose interest do you think massed data collection represents? Do you seriously think it is done to "stop terrorist attacks" when it has been proven time and again that mass data harvesting is in no way efficient to prevent this kind of thing and the only ones that end up in jail or on the "list" are idiot kids that make "gonna shoot school up tomorrow" posts on Facebook.

Plus take that mass data collection and leave it in the hand of criminals aswell now.
    Everything from personal information to bank information.

But hey, you got nothing to hide so who gives a shit that NSA left your computers and with that your personal information entirely in the hands of criminals and foreign governments.
    NSA dindu nuffin.
    Because, as I said several times now... The NSA is only one of many entities doing this... And the ONLY ONE presumably on my side. The only way they can defend against those other entities is to employ similar practices.

Forcing the NSA to stop doing this stuff will do NOTHING.

The only actual protection against this kind of intrusion is to simply not use fucking computers.

The only actual protection against this kind of intrusion is to simply not use fucking computers.
    Alternatively you can stop taking NSA's cock up your ass, hold them responsible and get them to do something as simple as disclose the fucking exploits so it can be fixed before the access to millions of people's private information and privacy is all over the world and in the hands of anyone who wants it.

Boy you sure do love your increasing loss of civil right's.

We're almost already at the point where tourists have to hand over their phone, passwords and social media when entering the country, but that's perfectly fine right, who needs privacy?
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2017-04-15 at 01:33 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Why? I don't understand the hype about Linux.
    Off the top of my head:
    (anecdotal)I've been a server side developer since ~1998; linux is like a second home to me. I love bash. I love being able to quickly and directly manage my servers.
    Reliability
    Performance
    Customization
    Secure
    Open Source
    FREE
    Privacy

That's just a couple seconds worth of thought. I could probably write a doctoral thesis on why I prefer if I bothered to take the time to do so.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Them having your keys would mean that the NSA wouldn't need to use backdoor and vulnerabilities to get in. It would be MS specifically given them direct access to every Windows machine.
    The way I see it, them being able to get in at all is essentially them having the keys.

I don't know about you, but I am fine with giving the NSA the benefit of the doubt until they abuse their position, which they haven't.
    To me, just them having the capability of accessing people's private data is a violation of privacy. The difference between them and our "enemies" being that they work for us and are accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    The sooner the better.
    Meh, the last I checked, 'Nix's UIs were horrible. And command line shit died years ago. (Which is the primary reason I hated Git until SourceTree. I don't spend thousands of dollars building computers so I can type commands ).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Meh, the last I checked, 'Nix's UIs were horrible. And command line shit died years ago. (Which is the primary reason I hated Git until SourceTree. I don't spend thousands of dollars building computers so I can type commands ).
    ^This is VERY funny.

Edit:
    I should add: if a main concern when using Linux is the command line, then Linux definitely wasn't meant for you. It's definitely not for everyone which is certainly one of the reasons I have a hard time filling open positions every time one of my developers moves on.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2017-04-15 at 01:37 AM.

Alternatively you can stop taking NSA's cock up your ass, hold them responsible and get them to do something as simple as disclose the fucking exploits so it can be fixed before the access to millions of people's private information and privacy is all over the world and in the hands of anyone who wants it.

Seems stupid to handicap ourselves like that. Other governments are probably using similar tools and are probably doing worse. The NSA is the only organization I can trust is working on my interests or at the very least not actively trying to harm me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombregato View Post
    Seems stupid to handicap ourselves like that. Other governments are probably using similar tools and are probably doing worse. The NSA is the only organization I can trust is working on my interests or at the very least not actively trying to harm me.
    EU is actively fighting against governmental entities similar to NSA encroaching on people's basic civil right's like privacy, so no.

10+ Year Old Account

We're almost already at the point where tourists have to hand over their phone, passwords and social media when entering the country, but that's perfectly fine right, who needs privacy?
    If you think the NSA is the biggest threat to your privacy on the internet in 2017, then you are simply ignorant.

If you think the NSA is the biggest threat to your privacy on the internet in 2017, then you are simply ignorant.
    Yeah strange, i will always hold people who pretend to work for me and to protect me, only to fuck me over way more responsible than criminals who are simply criminals.
    I just care about my civil right's i guess, unlike you.

Also you are ignoring how this is affecting users around the world, over something that is entirely an american entity's fuckup.
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2017-04-15 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    So what? The NSA isn't at fault for anything here other than developing useful tools for its own use. The fact that someone else hacked them, stole the tools and them dumped them on the internet because they were likely so useless that nobody wanted to pay for them isn't the NSA's fault.

So stop drumming up the anti-government drama. The NSA was doing the job we pay them to do.

- - - Updated - - -

This it the same retarded argument of blaming gun manufacturers for the actions of terrorists.
    Last time I checked the creation of tools to hack or exploit other people/companies software is a crime.

Blizzard has sued many hacks for doing exactly what the NSA does by creating a tool to exploit it's games (copyright infringement).

Let's say I create a code that can let anyone who uses it to transfer money between bank accounts free.

i never used it but someone stole it and posted online... you know what will happen ? i will die in prison for it. because i created it.

Quote Originally Posted by scarfdeath View Post
    Last time I checked the creation of tools to hack or exploit other people / software companies is a crime.

Blizzard has sued many hacks for doing exactly what the NSA does by creating a tool to exploit its games (copyright infringement).

Let's say I create a code that can let anyone who uses it to transfer money between bank accounts free.

i never used it but someone stole it and posted online... you know what will happen ? i will die in prison for it. because i created it.
    I feel like i should add, that something as simple as CP that can be sent maliciously because of NSA's exploits, will potentially lead to innocent people going to jail.

CP being sent maliciously have happened before, and it will happen again. Especially with exploits like this all out there.

CP is just an example of course, anything can be sent maliciously, ultimately you are the one who will be treated as the person who saved it.