Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    Pizzagate was just a 4chan prank, bro! Why so serious? I guess we can just make up any damaging news story we like as long as it's just for fun.
    >> Trumpkins take pizzagate completely serious for months, bringing it up in nearly every instance of talking about Hillary.
    >> When they were finally proven completely and utterly and embarrassingly wrong, they just go "It was just a joke guys!"

Trumpkin excuses are always hilarious.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    About as entertaining as watching the same thing for 8 years of Obama taking our guns and being impeached, eh?
    What is the leftist version of being a prepper?
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    >> Trumpkins take pizzagate completely serious for months, bringing it up in nearly every instance of talking about Hillary.
    >> When they were finally proven completely and utterly and embarrassingly wrong, they just go "It was just a joke guys!"

Trumpkin excuses are always hilarious.
    My point is that you don't get to post something damaging to Trump, who I'd argue a vast majority of people looking at it aren't going to "get the joke", and are actually going to think it happened (ahem, fake news), and then when you get called on it you just say, "Just a joke guys."

That's pretty foul.

I'd also like to add that it will never stop being amusing to me to be called a Trumper because I take stands against dishonesty.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Consumed fake news"
    There's a pretty substantial gap between reading something, and then parroting it as fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    About as entertaining as watching the same thing for 8 years of Obama taking our guns and being impeached, eh?
    Come on, get it together man! President Obama was going to steal all the guns, round up 'real red blooded Americas' and put them into concentration camps, impose Sharia Law, invite Muslims around the globe to settle in America and make is a Muslim majority country, and socialize our healthcare, our economy and our government.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    What is the leftist version of being a prepper?
    I don't know, a being a vegan?
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but an April Fool's Day joke, if that's really what it was, doesn't really seem like the same sort of thing as a conspiracy theory people insist is true in earnest. While Snopes debunking it is totally fine even if it was just a joke because people might try to pass it around as something legitimate, making fun of Donald Trump in a ridiculous way for the 234892040320232485th time is a far cry from being so willing to believe that your political opponents are the literal root of all evil that you'll rationalize any accusation, no matter how insane, and defend it as truth.
    I was reaching for a comparison to make my point, and Pizzagate was a poor choice, perhaps.

I don't know, a being a vegan?
    Heres to hoping veganism is on the rise then!
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Liberals are still going on an on about "muh russians", and constantly prattling on about Trump being impeached any day now.

It's quite comical to watch.
    Wow, the delusions are strong with this one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pizzagate was just a 4chan prank, bro!
    Never said it wasn't. Did you misquote me or are you just trying to twist things to make yourself feel better? Double check what you quoted. I never mentioned pizzagate.

Why so serious? I guess we can just make up any damaging news story we like as long as it's just for fun.
    Not sure what you are getting at other than exposing that me calling out the specifics of part of your linked story as laughable somehow got under your skin. "Why so serious" indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    There are people out there who don't get The Onion articles and think they're serious, but we don't bitch at The Onion for daring to post satire. We tell those people they're stupid and move on with our day.
    I don't know about you, but I like to run with it in instances like that. Just see how much they're willing to believe before they start questioning whether or not Onion is a serious news organization or not.

It tells you volumes about the person : P

It honestly makes me a little sad to see how every day people I know are so divided. I work for a DoD contractor, and 90% of the people I work with are heavy republicans to the point where I don't talk about any political leanings, and I consider myself a moderate.

During Trump's inauguration they had a massive meeting to watch it, then people would ask why I wasn't watching this historic event. After it was over, the Program Manager let everyone out early for the day.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was reaching for a comparison to make my point, and Pizzagate was a poor choice, perhaps.
    LOL, no perhaps about it. But you probably knew that before making that poor choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd also like to add that it will never stop being amusing to me to be called a Trumper because I take stands against dishonesty.
    At least what you consider dishonesty.

I find it funny that people who declare themselves arbiters of truth because they've questioned the main stream, never seem to question the alternative sources they get their information from that tells them the mainstream is lying.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I wish our discourse could be more honest and open, but the truth is that even if there were no utilization of bonafide "fake news" stories by either side, you'd still be left with dishonest media. It's a tough spot we're in folks, where narrative trumps truth.
    I think that you and many conservatives have no clue what the difference is between bias and fake news. There can be no honest discourse when you label anything and everything you disagree with as "fake news", this is not new we endured 8 years of this. Perhaps you can remember the following

Obama smells of sulfur and is a demon.

Obama is Hitler.

Obama is a Kenyan Muslim extremist.

Obama is instituting death panels.

Obama is one of the lizard men.

And so and so on and so forth, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones though I understand that conservatives seems to have mass amnesia nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Never said it wasn't. Did you misquote me or are you just trying to twist things to make yourself feel better? Double check what you quoted. I never mentioned pizzagate.

Not sure what you are getting at other than exposing that me calling out the specifics of part of your linked story as laughable somehow got under your skin. "Why so serious" indeed.
    Sorry, I was trying to make a point by comparing two opposing fake news stories. "Why so serious" = Would people still be upset over Pizzagate if it was a joke?

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, no perhaps about it. But you probably knew that before making that poor choice.
    Not really. Sometimes I count on other posters to see the point I'm trying to make (Calling fake news "just a joke" is kinda dishonest) and not seize on a flawed detail or comparison. That's on me. It will happen again though.

The #1 source of fake news is Trump himself. It's appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    The #1 source of fake news is Trump himself. It's appalling.
    Alternative facts are just as real as actual facts, okay?

7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I was trying to make a point by comparing two opposing fake news stories.
    If you were sincere in your attempted comparison you would have chosen an opposing example that was a joke rather than something that had been taken seriously. But go ahead, continue denying what everyone else can clearly you see you doing.

"Why so serious" = Would people still be upset over Pizzagate if it was a joke?
    Once again, I didn't mention Pizzagate. I spoke, specifically, to an item in your OP. Is this what would be considered an attempt to "move the goal posts"? I'm thinking it is. Is this standard for people that get called out on their bullshit? "Why so serious" indeed.

Not really. Sometimes I count on other posters to see the point I'm trying to make (Calling fake news "just a joke" is kinda dishonest) and not seize on a flawed detail or comparison. That's on me. It will happen again though.
    If the object of discussion is in fact a joke, I think calling it "fake news" is the more disingenuous slant. That the image was a joke is not a flawed detail, it is a fact. It's only flawed in a scenario in which it is not being referred to in its original context: the original context being a joke. But feel free to keep attempting to twist it to fit your agenda.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2017-04-15 at 09:44 PM.

If you were sincere in your attempted comparison you would have chosen an opposing example that was a joke rather than something that had been taken seriously. But go ahead, continue denying what everyone else can clearly you see you doing.
    I'm telling you the truth, I was furiously trying to come up with a comparison, and the 4chan-originated Pizzagate story seemed to kinda fit since 4chan plays a lot of jokes/engages in shenanigans.

Once again, I didn't mention Pizzagate. I spoke, specifically, to an item in your OP. Is this what would be considered an attempt to "move the goal posts"? I'm thinking it is. Is this standard for people that get called out on their bullshit? "Why so serious" indeed.
    We're spinning wildly out of control from just a point I was trying to make that was flawed. I'm going to drop it.