limit on posting links urls

I wanted to post to the Hunter "Fix my DPS" thread but it rejects my post saying I need more posts before I can post a message with links in it.
    I guess this is some kind of security rule, but it is frustraiting cause I signed up for the specific purpose of fixing my DPS and that thrad chain requires links to your Armory profile and som boss fight logs.

I am not sure even ho many post I need to make to be able to post a message with links.

7+ Year Old Account
    If I remember correctly you need 10 posts before being able to post links.

Deleted
    you need 10 posts in any section except the funstuff in offtopic.
    it is to stop spam bots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Four posts in four years.
    You have six more years before you can post links at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by gafney View Post
    I wanted to post to the Hunter "Fix my DPS" thread but it rejects my post saying I need more posts before I can post a message with links in it.
    I guess this is some kind of security rule, but it is frustraiting cause I signed up for the specific purpose of fixing my DPS and that thrad chain requires links to your Armory profile and som boss fight logs.

I am not sure even ho many post I need to make to be able to post a message with links.
    it says you joined in 2013...

You need 10 posts for links to work iirc. you can post the link just space it a few.

thanks, ugh

- - - Updated - - -

Well I been reading this Forum for years, I just decided recently I needed some real help with my Beast Master DPS
    but they require I post links to my Profile and to logs, kind of a catch 22

Thanks for your replies I will just need to do mu 10 posts, I understand the security requirement Forums can really be ruined by spam bots

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You can post URLs under 10 posts, just not links. Make sure not to include http:// or www. to avoid the URL being automatically converted into a link.
    Can't you just do a... http://www.mmo-champion.com/members/574202-Nixx to break it?

Edit: Apparently not.
    Edit2: Apparently some parts of it were broken by doing that.
    Last edited by Nitro Fun; 2017-04-15 at 10:23 PM.