1. #1

    limit on posting links urls

    I wanted to post to the Hunter "Fix my DPS" thread but it rejects my post saying I need more posts before I can post a message with links in it.
    I guess this is some kind of security rule, but it is frustraiting cause I signed up for the specific purpose of fixing my DPS and that thrad chain requires links to your Armory profile and som boss fight logs.

    I am not sure even ho many post I need to make to be able to post a message with links.

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,413
    If I remember correctly you need 10 posts before being able to post links.

  3. #3
    Old God Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Inside Lord Bucketheads Head
    Posts
    10,362
    you need 10 posts in any section except the funstuff in offtopic.
    it is to stop spam bots.
    Nuclear weapons: A firm public commitment to build the £100bn renewal of the Trident weapons system, followed by an equally firm private commitment not to build it. They’re secret submarines, no one will ever know. It’s a win win.

  4. #4
    Scarab Lord Covfefe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    20 Miles to Texas, 25 to Hell
    Posts
    4,723
    Four posts in four years.
    You have six more years before you can post links at this rate.

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer Gemini Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,915
    Quote Originally Posted by gafney View Post
    I wanted to post to the Hunter "Fix my DPS" thread but it rejects my post saying I need more posts before I can post a message with links in it.
    I guess this is some kind of security rule, but it is frustraiting cause I signed up for the specific purpose of fixing my DPS and that thrad chain requires links to your Armory profile and som boss fight logs.

    I am not sure even ho many post I need to make to be able to post a message with links.
    it says you joined in 2013...

    You need 10 posts for links to work iirc. you can post the link just space it a few.

  6. #6
    thanks, ugh

    - - - Updated - - -

    Well I been reading this Forum for years, I just decided recently I needed some real help with my Beast Master DPS
    but they require I post links to my Profile and to logs, kind of a catch 22

    Thanks for your replies I will just need to do mu 10 posts, I understand the security requirement Forums can really be ruined by spam bots

  7. #7
    You can post URLs under 10 posts, just not links. Make sure not to include http:// or www. to avoid the URL being automatically converted into a link.

  8. #8
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Born in USA, currently living in Taipei
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You can post URLs under 10 posts, just not links. Make sure not to include http:// or www. to avoid the URL being automatically converted into a link.
    Can't you just do a... http://www.mmo-champion.com/members/574202-Nixx to break it?

    Edit: Apparently not.
    Edit2: Apparently some parts of it were broken by doing that.
    Last edited by Nitro Fun; 2017-04-15 at 10:23 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    Can't you just do a... http://www.mmo-champion.com/members/574202-Nixx to break it?

    Edit: Apparently not.
    Edit2: Apparently some parts of it were broken by doing that.
    That seems more annoying for everyone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •