Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. She was the last living person from the 19th century.
    Here real soon we're going to be out of people born before human flight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time we fix that little problem.

To put this into perspective, when the US dropped the atomic bomb(s) on Japan, she was 46 years old!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I wasn't actually disagreeing with you. But feel free to be argumentative about it. I'm still not disagreeing with you. :P
    Did what I post sound like an argument? A commentary on you response, sure. Argument? No.

Edit:
    Re-reading my previous post - it was more "hostile" than I intended. For that, my apologies.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2017-04-16 at 05:59 PM.

Deleted
    she was alive during the worst of times and the best of times.

It only gets worse from where we are so atleast she doesn't have to experience the next bad era.

It truly is staggering to consider the changes to the world, and to daily life in her lifetime. Then, when you consider the exponential aspect of technology, imagine what the last person alive from the 20th century will have seen happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    she was alive during the worst of times and the best of times.

It only gets worse from where we are so atleast she doesn't have to experience the next bad era.
    What a gloomy outlook!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It truly is staggering to consider the changes to the world, and to daily life in her lifetime. Then, when you consider the exponential aspect of technology, imagine what the last person alive from the 20th century will have seen happen.

- - - Updated - - -

What a gloomy outlook!
    Well I just think we live in golden era that isn't sustainable long term and eventually, especially considering recent tension and changes, something will happen. Doesn't mean tomorrow or next year, but definitively within my lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Well I just think we live in golden era that isn't sustainable long term and eventually, especially considering recent tension and changes, something will happen. Doesn't mean tomorrow or next year, but definitively within my lifespan.
    I see. Yeah, there are always ups and downs. I thought you meant this was our last great up.