Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelxin View Post
    While everyone is screwed out of WoW right now, what is everyone's opinion of the new curse client / twitch app that was forced down everyone's throats?
    I used to have the old client running in the background constantly and was quite happy to update my addons whenever it told me to, even when I wasn't subbed to WoW.

But this Twitch thing? I have looked at all the settings and disabled all the crap I possibly can and made sure it doesn't start unless I actively chose to. So now I only update my addons when I remember to, like when noticing this thread. But first I have to start it and then wait for the client to update itself with all sorts of crap I don't need and don't want.

Sure, I could manually update my addons and bla bla bla, but really, look at the difference in behaviour, from both me and the client, between the two versions. Something is terribly wrong with that...

The new Curse/Twitch addon client is pure trash. I have tried downloading it numerous times. It downloads successfully, but when I try to open it, it either does nothing, or it says that "file Twitch.exe does not exist". so I just don't even bother with it any more. I just hope they are not still charging me for the premium service anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Its bullshit.

Back to manually installing add ons for me.

if I wanted to give my details away to complete strangers I'd put an ad in the paper. I wish the trend to network eveything down to your toothbrush with the manufacturer would die and they'd all just fuuuck off with this social media cobblers.
    https://www.wowmatrix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    At the very least they should ask you if you want it and just offer an uninstall if not. Just changing my system settings without asking is a big no-go for me. And they better don't come with some "but it's an uuuuupgraaaade" shit. No it isn't, it's a different software.

BTW, it doesn't even uninstall the curse client.
    There was no update on my computer, curse client 5.1.1.844 still works as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    There was no update on my computer, curse client 5.1.1.844 still works as always.
    Yeah that's the problem. For some people it's the same, for some it's upgraded, for some it doesn't even install, for some it does etc..
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I absolutely despise what they've done to the Curse Client. I tried updating it but it wouldn't even work on my computer. Some type of error about the Windows/PC app not being compatible with my computer. I've completely uninstalled it and found a working Curse Client Version 5 that I'll use until I can't.

Here's a link to the normal Curse Client V5 that still works for anyone interested - http://clientupdate-v5.curse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    When it installed the new client on my system(without asking for permission, which i'm not sure is even legal here, since it is a seperate software), it didn't even remove the old Curse client. I just uninstalled the new one and went back to the old.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    That happened a fair while ago. There's been a staggered upgrade to the new curse client over at least 6 months now, I think. The only 'new' thing is the name change from curse client to twitch.
    Was about to post the same thing. All that has changed is a few bits of text, the icon, and the addition of the Twitch game library.

If I had any complaints it would be that there was no notice it was happening so when a new run on start up app was flagged I blocked it without realised it was the new Curse Client.

Ye curse is shit for last 10 months or so
    I switched to manual updates
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

this software is so a horrible shit. was always horrible shit. never get why ppl use such crap. i never will use that crap and infect my pc with it. instead i will keep staying with my own little piece of sw and parallel download and extract 15 addons in 3-5s. if i, as a sw dev, would ever produce a piece of shit like that curse client, i would fire myself and give all my money back to the company that hired me /rolleyes.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-04-16 at 04:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not bothered by it really.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was annoying but oh well. I avoid Twitch except to check out dark souls speed runs.
    The Update All button works now which is nice, open client, update all, close client.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

People only hate it because people hate change. It's actually better, it loads faster and runs way smoother and you can queue updates now without having to buy premium. It works the exact same as the old client, you don't have to use any of the features at all outside of just the addon management. They announced the change a long time ago, so it's not like it was a sudden thing.

Don't care, I launch it once a week one day after weekly maintenance, update addons, close it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelxin View Post
    between it trying to run in the background constantly
    Turn that off. Taskmgr > Startup > Twitch, set to Disabled.

I don't know. I still use version 5.1. It doesn't automatically upgrade and I'm not going to do it manually. It works fine.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I would prefer if the icon wasn't twitch related, but otherwise nothing has changed. Saw it coming though when Amazon aquired curse. Sad but true.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

All that bloat.
    You want to update your addons? HOW ABOUT THIS COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY DOOHICKEY THAT AUTOMATES THE PROCESS OF NOT WATCHING STREAMS YOU HAD NO INTEREST IN???!! FOR FREE! CLICK ON OUR ADS!!!!

I like it, now I can upgrade all my addons with just one click, plus I use Twitch anyway, so I don't mind another app using my Twitch account. I'd like to be able to watch streams there tho. And it's really well written, fast and stable. Unlike previous Curse abomination.