Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xact4 View Post
    Reading this thread is like trying to listen to my technologically illiterate parents explain a computer problem they're having over the phone. It's physically painful.

The Curse client already did more than half of the things people are complaining about before it switched to Twitch. I have a server set up for my guild that we've been using for voice chat for months... the only thing that changed is the color, some icon shapes and fonts, some rather annoying new streaming options, and... that's pretty much it. Most of the nice things and nearly all of the bad things people mention were already features in the Curse client. People are crazy.
    Indeed, my Multi-game Guild uses Curse Servers to keep everyone together whilst on different games.

Literally the only thing that changed for me was the name and the client is much more square.

Haven't had a single issue with it.

I deleted the app and deleted WoWDB. I'm leaving the curse database community and not helping then with anything, ever, again.

I've been using legacy since forever.

Deleted
    All the extra tosh is annoying, but tolerable. What I do not like is that it's updating every time I launch it. It's extra annoying when you're in a middle of the raid, and your boss mods are not working properly. Then someone mentions that there was an update to it, and you spend extra time watching it download and install 170 new updates, none of which have anything to do with mods. Sure, it's just ~20 extra seconds, but it's annoying how often it happens.

But I do like the new "get more mods" section, they finally realized it's 2017 and there's no need to download the entire library of mods when you want to search for something. Just wish there was a light version, that only dealt with mods.

I had an old version of the curse client i was using to update addons and when i had to switch to the twitch client it just doesn't load for me so now i'm back to using wowmatrix.

honestly i load up the twitch client it does that spinning loading thing forever. so basically screw the twitch client don't have time for that.

edit: just loaded it up again to see if an update fixed it, nope just spin spin spin, close, open, spin spin spin, forever. it flickers closed then opens again and just keeps loading. don't know what is wrong with it but it don't work for me.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-04-17 at 02:15 AM.

I treat it like a virus. I did not authorise that shit to be on my computer so it is gone. Curse is pure aids. All they do is try to force shit down your throat. This website is part of the curse network and it is always trying to shove ads down your throat. I would say it is time that people boycott this shit but people would rather be nasty to each other in the forums than do anything that would make curse think twice about abusing it's users.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I've been using Curse as my go-to chat program for quite a while now. The Twitch takeover just seems to be a new coat of paint, for the most part.

Before the change I would open the Curse client 1 or 2 times a week to update my WoW addons and quit if right after. But now I open the Twitch client 1 or 2 times a week to update my WoW addons and quit if right after. It changed absolutely nothing for me.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

Curse (Twitch) doesn't work for me anymore, when I try to update my addons it's giving error. Also website looks weird too
    Is it working fine for you all?
    Sadly I can't switch to Minion, half of my addons are Curse-only it seems

This thread is only 4 pages long, so not many replies, but still surprised this many people use the Curse client.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    They gave plenty of heads up on the matter. It's been known for a while now that they'd integrate the Curse assets into their brand. Heck the thing told me weeks ago that I could voluntarily opt into the change over instead of waiting on them to flip the switch. I can't say I notice much difference other than a color and icon change. (all that other stuff that people are acting surprised about have been in the client for a long time now)
    If I don't visit their websites, where would I have seen it promoted?

Ideally for me an announcement via the app would have been the best method but I don't recall seeing that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    This thread is only 4 pages long, so not many replies, but still surprised this many people use the Curse client.
    It does the job more than adequately for some people. Personal preference should never be a cause for surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    You're not wasting anything by not using the other features. The addon part of the client works just fine. Do you complain about the features in facebook or gmail just because you don't happen to use them?
    No, i don't complain about them. I simply avoid them. So not a comparable situation since nothing changed on that front.

And yes, they are wasting resources if i don't use them, simply by existing. In fact, they are wasting resources precisely because they use up some despite me not using them.

All i need is the ability to update my addons in a fast and easy way. That functionality hasn't changed, so i'm fine with it. I don't like the whole social media thing they've done, but i don't need to use it nor have to in order to uptade my addons. Just open it when you need, close it when you are done.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    How would that be any different to if the Curse Client asked you for a Curse account and you didn't have one?
    It wouldn't be any different. I wasn't having a go at Twitch in particular, I was replying to another poster complaining about the trend of requiring accounts (and various integrations thereof) for everything, even when they're objectively not needed.

Honestly - I think Twitch is a PoS. And do not mean point-of-sale. Forced installs AND it resets ALL the install dates whenever they push out a new update for the Twitch backbone. I am looking to another Add-On site. Twitch has screwed up too many things. NOT a viable product.

Deleted
    so it updated (for me, i don't start it every day) today and now it's not enough that we use the twitch app, now they're saying we have to get a twitch account to keep using it too. fuck them, i'll rather do it manually from now on.

7+ Year Old Account
    As long as it keeps auto-updating my addons, I'm happy

I'm not too keen on the whole let's-connect-and-share-everything thing. I still use it for updating/finding AddOns. Have to say it's a lot smoother than the old Curse client was. However, one of the first things I do when installing some new piece of (free) software is do a sweeping pass in the settings menu to disable a lot of stuff. All I use it for is to find/update AddOns, so I don't need all that social media functionality and I don't need it to run in the background all the time.

I have Curse Client set to "Check for updates but ask me before installation", and I normally load it, update addons & exit.

Today I left it open and after a few minutes I suddenly get a Twitch installation progress bar. Naturally I cancel it, start searching for malware - and find this fiasco.

If they'd asked me, like it said in my update settings, then I probably would have installed it, at least to try, despite not using social media & loathing the network-everything trend.

I might give Minion a try, failing that I'm (reluctantly) comfortable with going back to manual updating. A damn sight more comfortable than I am with a program that pulls malware-esque auto-install stunts anyway.
    Toast, being an inanimate object, obviously lacks both the ability and the desire to right itself.

The merge made me uninstall.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..