Mistweaver Artifact Challenge

Hey Guys,

Ive been constantly working on completing the artifact challenge. I have managed to get phase 1 down a few times now and I feel fairly comfortable with that. The stage Im having major difficulty with is stage 5, where you have to heal the spirits before they get to the boss. The healing output required seems huge and my mana is getting destroyed, while spirits are still making it through more then I would like.

Any tips?

cheers
    Havochi - Mistweaver Monk - Kazzak

Deleted
    Hey! I got mine yesterday as 900 MW using the legs and belt legendary and a haste trinket and versa/int stick.
    I can suggest with the first wave leave the archer and heal the other two, you can pop Chiji here also to heal your allies. Just EM them both and Vivify.
    For the next lot Revival and EF with maybe a vivify should be enough and for the last 3, cocoon one, Sheilun the other and spam the last. It is also worth using Drums here also! You can use it the phase after for your allies even if you have the debuff yourself!

I hope this helps!
    Good luck!!
    Last edited by mmocdc2b1e8e02; 2017-04-16 at 01:42 PM.

Deleted
    Stage 5 is the spirit phase. The NPCs will go crazy and try and kill one another. Sometimes it'll feel like they're tickling one another, and other times their Gilnean heritage starts to show and they're really going for blood. I suppose you just have to get lucky with how much damage they're dealing and who they're targeting. If one of them goes down, you have to start all over again from stage 1 in the next run.

While Granny and Callie work out their family issues, and Jarod acting as a terrible medium, you have to keep them alive and restore a bunch of ghosts that are gonna float up towards the boss to full health. Boss will be in the center of the room, and he'll slowly drag three spirits at a time towards him. Try and keep renewing mist up on your 'buddies' and enveloping mist whoever is taking heavy damage so you can focus on the spirits when they show up.

The goal is to fully heal 8 spirits. The moment that happens you 'win' this stage and your allies stop acting crazy.

It's difficult to tell, but the spirits will need to pass by the fence before you can cast any healing at them at all. If you can learn when exactly that is, you can focus on healing allies before switching to spirits the last second.

Pop Potion of Prolonged Power, Chi-Ji, and here's the pattern I did to manage the spirits: Life Cocoon spirit #1, Thunder Focus Tea for a double instant Enveloping Mists on Spirits #2 and #3, followed by Vivify spam to top them all up. If all goes well that should be three fully healed spirits which leaves you to restoring the NPCs to full health, pop more renewing mists on them and prepare to HoT them up before the next spirit wave.

When the next three spirits show up, Chi-Ji is still all over the place and helping. I decided to let one spirit go through (which turns into an add after the spirit healing is complete. If you let too many spirits through you have to fight them all as in the first stage). I just enveloping mists two of them and spammed vivify a few times. It's important to note that besides the healing Enveloping Mists does, it also increases all the healing the target takes. Once two of the spirits are fully healed I focused on the NPCs again.

Third wave of spirits. Top up the NPCs a little bit before any of them dip too low, and Thunder Focus Tea followed by a double instant Enveloping Mists on two of the spirits again. As soon as this was done I popped Revival which would practically heal them to full. This left one last spirit which I used a fully charged 12 stack Sheilun's Gift on, completing the spirit phase.
    Since only one spirit got through (a soldier) the entire group was back together and we fought him. When he dies you can drink to restore much needed mana before the final boss phase begins.

Stage 6 is the big baddie himself. Except this is a rather easy fight compared to the rest. I one-shot this on my first attempt (having read on what the abilities do beforehand). I popped drums of fury right away because it increases the NPC damage against the boss. Then you just have to go up against a corner. The boss will use two abilities - one which only damages you, and one which only damages the NPCs through you. He'll jump and stomp, spreading felgoop all over the place directed at you. This deals immense damage to only you to stand in, so naturally you carefully step out of it (by carefully I mean chi torpedo the crap out of there), and get back close to the border of the felgoop so you're ready to dip into that stuff again. The boss will target you with a debuff which after 8 seconds or so will explode, it wont damage you, but it will hurt all of the NPCs for as much damage as you have health. Meaning if you have 2 million health remaining they will take 2 million damage.
    This means just before this pops, you need to try and dip into the felgoop to lower your health. Just be careful because the boss doesn't use these two abilites synched up! Sometimes he'll stomp you just as the thing is about to go off. Try and remain at around 50% health or so to survive him jumping on you, but as to not entirely blow up the NPCs.

Hopefully before long you win. Or as I do - die and let the NPCs win. The challenge doesn't end by you dying. It ends by one of the NPCs dying. And with you dead, the boss stops using all of his two terrible attacks, meaning he'll just slowly whittle away at Jarod until one of them falls. Hopefully before (if) you die, you'll have Jarod at high enough health with a few HoTs on him, and that the boss is low enough for them to handle.

After that Jarod will compliment a randomly selected group member (possibly himself) because you're dead and send you back to Dalaran (this is when you release spirit and go collect your reward).