Poll: Who gave up more?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Judging from where DK's started in s5 to where they're at now? I think the answer is obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Both seem to be parody of shadow the edgehog. And both are really cringeworthy in how serious they take themselves.
    That the best part my Dk is transmoged as a mariachi band member and they have to follow me and call me death lord they must be rolling over in the graves they don't have.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    offtopic but that is also bullshit

I just hate DKs
    I hate monks the look like a fucking joke for any race other then panda and there over just stupid.

Deleted
    I as a Warlock feel incredibly offended. I have sacrificed way more than any DH or DK. Admittedly it wasn't my sacrifice, I sacrificed other people. But still, I have sacrificed more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Sacrifice

"give up (something valued) for the sake of other considerations.
    "working hard doesn't mean sacrificing your social life"
    synonyms: give up, abandon, surrender, forgo, renounce, forfeit, relinquish, resign, abdicate, sign away, yield, cede, waive"

Death knights were taken against their will and sought out the lich king for revenge. Left with no purpose, they've now sworn themselves to the new lich king, thinking they're doing good and have basically become his pawns.

Demon Hunters willingly became part demon to put an end to the burning legion, undergoing horrendous training and forever becoming forsaken by their kin. True some did this for power's own sake, some did it for veangance, but some also did it for the greater good.

Warriors did. We died in a blaze of glory as a pit lord blew us up, almost like he just finished watching a certain episode of DBZ where our hero gets blown up...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say Dk's have sacrificed much. I would say Bolvar can count though, aswell as what Tirion was about to do at the end of ICC. Otherwise, I'd say DK's have lost a lot, but not explicitly sacrificed.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    To give up something that is valuable to you in order to help another person:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...lish/sacrifice

DKs didn't sacrifice anything... They didn't willingly become undead for the greater good
    They basically did. They went against the Lich King knowing full well what he was capable of. They also had the choice to simply off themselves or keep working for the greater good. They live now doing pretty horrible things with their free will knowing that it's necessary for Azeroth. Not sure if they know they'll be going to Hell forever afterwards but they've certainly done much worse things than Sylvanas has and she's going to hell.

to quote Darion Mograine:"We know much about sacrifice."

Also, i find funny that infusing your soul with one of a demon is fine and a great sacrifice but Dks be damned if we trie to ressurect Tirion to fight agaisnt the Legion.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post

Also, i find funny that infusing your soul with one of a demon is fine and a great sacrifice but Dks be damned if we trie to ressurect Tirion to fight agaisnt the Legion.
    One is willingly the other is not. Tirion did give his own life against the Legion. Forcing someone to experience Undeath is bad.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    I as a Warlock feel incredibly offended. I have sacrificed way more than any DH or DK. Admittedly it wasn't my sacrifice, I sacrificed other people. But still, I have sacrificed more.
    True and Savage.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

7+ Year Old Account

If Tirion comes back he'll want his sword back. Devs cannot allow that.
    He's dead for good.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Demon Hunters since you sacrifice all the buttons of a normal class to play a mongoloid autist.
    Took me this long to find something that actually made me laugh, 3 points.

On topic: Literally any other class save for monks considering those are the 3 classes that have been added in as time went forward. If anything, the original 10 have sacrificed the most in the long run. They were around for every single threat the game has thrown at us.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Took me this long to find something that actually made me laugh, 3 points.

On topic: Literally any other class save for monks considering those are the 3 classes that have been added in as time went forward. If anything, the original 10 have sacrificed the most in the long run. They were around for every single threat the game has thrown at us.
    Dk's would have been around since classic just as another class so they would be up there with
    The original 10

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    Oh man. Another buzzer. How the hell did I miss you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Dk's would have been around since classic just as another class so they would be up there with
    The original 10
    Not 3rd generation derp knights as we know them. And even then, they weren't exactly sacrificing anything for the good of Azeroth... More along being the reason others had to sacrifice.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    One is willingly the other is not. Tirion did give his own life against the Legion. Forcing someone to experience Undeath is bad.
    Did Tirion had a word in the matter?3 of the new 4 horsemen were given a choice in the moment while the Paladins and the light decide for Tirion instead.
    Mage Tower Final Result:

I've sacrificed everything, what have you gibben?

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Can't help but find it funny that every time I talk to a DH NPC they say "I have sacrificed everything, what have YOU given!?".

Bitch, I'm an Undead Death Knight.
    My family (presumably) died to the plague during Warcraft III. I myself died.
    Then I was raised against my will as a Forsaken.
    Then I died again, and was raised against my will by the Lich King.
    Then I was forced to kill what few friends I had left in the starting area.
    You don't seem to understand what "sacrifice" means. To 'sacrifice' means to willingly give up something. Death Knights didn't give anything up freely. Everything that happened to them happened without their consent.

Whereas for Demon Hunters, every step of the way, everything you lose, you lose it because you decide to give it up, willingly. It's not a sacrifice if someone else takes something from you.

That said, I'm really sad how so many people have no idea what the word 'sacrifice' means, looking at that poll's results.

- - - Updated - - -

Did Tirion had a word in the matter?3 of the new 4 horsemen were given a choice in the moment while the Paladins and the light decide for Tirion instead.
    ... They were given a choice? When? I don't recall asking any of them if they wanted to be raised from the dead before actually doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever they say "I've sacrificed everything, what have you given?" I look them straight in the face and say "I am a Warlock."
    Because it's true.

From a standpoint of morality, I'd say Death Knights. They've been forced to work in the service of the Scourge (/Lich King/Ebon Blade) despite maybe not wanted to be revived and cannot finish off their reanimated life because of some dark magicks, while the Elves (Demon Hunters) voluntarily blinded themselves and gave host to (a) demon(s) in their bodies.

I have not read any lore book, this is just how I perceive about their "sacrifices" amongst those two classes.

Demon hunter, since by definition they've sacrificed and not death knights