Arms in battlegrounds PvP?

So I know fury is all the rage right now in BGs, and I've given it a shot and had a pretty good time, but my heart still leans towards arms and would prefer to stick to that. I find it very frustrating to play right now though and I'm not sure what to do. The main problem is the lack of mobility, even less than fury, and most classes seem to have an easy way of shutting down arms completely.

The warrior PvP guides I've looked at focus mostly on arena, but that's a very different dynamic where you'll always have your teammates looking out for you and providing proper support. I'm just looking for some casual fun in battlegrounds here.

So what kind of playstyle, tactics, talents etc. do you need to do well in a battleground situations? I've seen some arms warrior perform quite well in random BGs so there must be some trick to it (unless they had pocket healers on them all the time).

For regular talents, go with Overpower, Storm Bolt or Shockwave, Defensive Stance or Bounding Stride, Mortal Combo, Titanic Might, and Opportunity Strikes. I personally like Storm Bolt over Shockwave in most situations, and most warriors do as well. Defensive Stance will also be the better choice over Bounding Stride most of the time.

For honor talents, first row highly depends on situation. Go Reinforced Armor unless its melee heavy, then Sparring is strong.. For 3rd row Disarm is generally best choice in BGs, and in arena go disarm vs melee, Death Sentence vs mobile specs, and Death Row for anything else. For 4th row I like Spell Reflect in BG's and obviously vs many comps in arena, Rage Machine is good in many situations and M&C is useful if you're going to get trained. Duel is a great choice overall as a defensive CD for your team, but Pain Train can be very powerful in certain situations when trying to land a kill in 3v3/BGs. For the final row go with Sharpen Blade.
    Last edited by Niko21; 2017-04-18 at 02:49 PM.