Deleted

will arms get buffed?

i was playing a 2v2 arena right now with a resto druid against a rshaman and bala, well i was tunneling the bala the whole time did my whole rotation on him just like on a target dummy he didint even run away or anything just to get one shoted in the end and see that he did literally TWICE as much dmg as me. I did interupt full moon i did fear/stun the shaman, nothing.

Is it me or am i as warrior unviable for this bracket? Since i literally cannot kill anyone.

The moment when they don't even need to run away from the warrior. Just tank him. What have they done to the class?

well you were essentially trying to beat up a tank, since balance druids have stupid amounts of armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    well you were essentially trying to beat up a tank, since balance druids have stupid amounts of armor.
    a tank that doubled his damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    a tank that doubled his damage?
    Well when a warrior with all physical damage is attacking something with ~50% physical damage reduction, yes.

Well when a warrior with all physical damage is attacking something with ~50% physical damage reduction, yes.
    well that design sucks then.

Arms is currently one of the strongest PvP classes in 3v3 by FAR, in fact they're already looking at a nerf in the next patch notes, and I wouldn't be surprised if that nerf got bigger.

Precisely why taking away some of our non-physical damage at the beginning of this xpac was an awful design decision. Having a class with all of its eggs in one basket makes it potentially overpowered vs. anyone weak to physical damage and underpowered vs. anything strong against it - ie. inherently imbalanced.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    Arms is currently one of the strongest PvP classes in 3v3 by FAR, in fact they're already looking at a nerf in the next patch notes, and I wouldn't be surprised if that nerf got bigger.
    Could you please elaborate on why arms is the strongest 3s class?

Not saying I agree or disagree just curious.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    What nerf? Because all I saw in the patch notes was something that is going to be a buff in pvp(the mastery change).
    Last edited by Deonto; 2017-04-17 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post

Arms warrior has a really strong toolkit and good damage in the current meta, biggest culprits being Disarm and Duel, which are on notoriously short cooldowns. Combine with stuns and fear, and the warrior can single-handedly save his team from dying. Especially from melee cleaves.

For offense, warrior provides a healing reduction debuff, which is amplified every 25 seconds by Sharpen Blade. Short cooldown burst windows (1 min Battle Cry, reduced by Pain Train if taken + 1.5 min Avatar). 3s AoE stun or a 4 sec single target one, 8 sec fear on 1.5 min cd. Better than average mobility through Leap, Charge and Bladestorm & Avatar as root breakers.
    Last edited by Divinism; 2017-04-17 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post

I don't really agree with the "by FAR" statement from Revo, but Arms warriors are over the top atm. The main thing that makes them strong in my opinion is their defensive toolkit. Disarm and Duel could both be toned down(be it they lower the effect/duration of them or give them a longer CD). As well, warriors are not really a target for most teams. They are super tanky and we now have decent self healing with the new trait(Dstance really needs a redesign).

However, when they do tone them down I hope they are careful about it. It wouldn't be hard to put them back into 7.1.5 status(pre buffs).

And with that being said, I hope they also tone down the other over the top classes/specs when they tone down Arms wars.
    Last edited by Deonto; 2017-04-17 at 10:21 PM.

Deleted
    Warrior is currently one of the best 3v3 and 2v2 classes, however you need a completely different build than in PvE. So if you've been doing your "standard PvE rotation", then that's what you've been doing wrong. FR is not to be used in pvp, you're supposed to go overpower build, along with the talent that increases CS duration. Using your artifact + reckstorm on all targets in range in 3s is devastating. Also, warrior currently is the best peeler coupled with great pvp template. I'm afraid it's purely l2p issue, as class is in great spot pvp wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms
    All abilities damage increased by 10%, in addition to any damage changes below.
    The effect of Mastery has been reduced by 20%.
    Anger Management now spends 20 Rage per 1 second of cooldown reduction (was 10 Rage per 1 second), and now also reduces the cooldown of Bladestorm.
    Cleave damage increased by 20%.
    Colossus Smash cooldown reduced to 20 seconds (was 30 seconds), and damage increased by 10%.
    Dauntless cost reduction is now 10% (was 20%).
    Execute damage increased by 25%.
    Fervor of Battle damage bonus increased to 80% (was 45%).
    Focused Rage now costs 20 Rage (was 15 Rage).
    In For The Kill now refunds 40 Rage (was 30 Rage).
    Mortal Strike damage increased by 20%.
    Overpower no longer costs Rage, no longer procs from auto-attacks, and may not proc itself.
    Precise Strikes (Artifact trait) reduced to 10% cost reduction per rank (was 15%).
    Rend cost increased to 20 Rage (was 10 Rage).
    Rend’s first hit now deals 280% weapon damage.
    Slam damage increased by 35%.
    Titanic Might now increases the duration of Colossus Smash by 8 seconds (was 16 seconds), and now also reduces the cooldown of Colossus Smash by 8 seconds.
    Void Cleave (Artifact trait) damage increased by 100%.
    Whirlwind damage increased by 20%.
    Will of the First King (Artifact trait) increased to 2 Rage per critical strike (was 1 Rage).

yay arms

Has anyone run sims for whether or not this changes our talent setup? The fervor seems like it's pretty significant but I cant really play around with sims right now since I'm stuck on my phone as my computer for a bit.

Not trying to hijack the thread, the thread title makes it seem like it's a general topic rather than pvp, though thats whats been spoken about so far.
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2017-04-18 at 11:32 PM.