Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Meh, should have just been an Illidan skin.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    No, people get this wrong.

    Illidan and Tracer are not finishers in a sense of 'executioner'. These two Heroes are like dogs you unleash to hunt down escaping enemies, they are about relentless and constant pressure. When playing against them, you don't feel like you need to watch your health to not drop below certain threshold in fear of getting killed off.

    If we are comparing Heroes, I personally think Genji is more in line with Greymane. Both Heroes do some decent poke damage, but jump into middle of things to get kills. Greymane is still better PvE Hero, but on maps where it isn't that important, I think Genji can take his spot.

    Sure he can function as Illidan or Tracer in chasing down people, but remember he has no self-sustain of Illidan or Tracer's Recall. Once you expend your mobility, it is easy to get killed as your Deflect drops.
    Greymane does FAR more damage than Genji does, though. If you're caught out as a Chromie, or Li Ming, or Kael or whoever by a Greyman, he is a very real threat, cause he actually does a lot of damage. Genji on the other hand is pretty pitiful damage wise, he is literally good at nothing but securing kills on people who are already low. And a Genji who isn't stupid WON'T expend his mobility and let himself be killed. CC can fuck him up(same as Tracer and Illidan), but if he's not CCed and is doing things right, Swift Strike to get a kill, then it resets and you can Swift right back out, not to mention your terrain clearing jump.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroe...bernetic-ninja

    Official page is now up, beautiful master skin.
    Can't agree on that, sorry.


    I am a menace to my own destiny.

  4. #24
    Epic! RH92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Greymane does FAR more damage than Genji does, though. If you're caught out as a Chromie, or Li Ming, or Kael or whoever by a Greyman, he is a very real threat, cause he actually does a lot of damage. Genji on the other hand is pretty pitiful damage wise, he is literally good at nothing but securing kills on people who are already low. And a Genji who isn't stupid WON'T expend his mobility and let himself be killed. CC can fuck him up(same as Tracer and Illidan), but if he's not CCed and is doing things right, Swift Strike to get a kill, then it resets and you can Swift right back out, not to mention your terrain clearing jump.
    Well, my point was Genji is more similar to Greymane than to Illidan or Tracer. Simply based on how he does his damage.

    Sure he is different from Greymane, they are different Heroes in the end. Genji has currently low damage outside of Swift Strike and Heroics and also part of his kit relies on counter attacking, so if enemy team is smart they can greatly reduce his effectiveness. I personally think his Shuriken and AAs could do slightly more damage.

    On different note, I think his talents sucks. I never feel like they are very impactful. In a way, it can be seen as good thing since they don't change the Hero, but I feel like they focus on dealing with specific situations rather than enhancing his overall performance.
    Last edited by RH92; 2017-04-20 at 10:45 AM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    Can't agree on that, sorry.
    Heh, what do I know? I think the new Auriel skin everyone seems to be going nuts for is ass.

    (I also really like kerrigan's master skin!)
    Moderator for Heroes of the Storm
    Tier lists: Srey's | McIntyre's | Grubby's

    Lastest hero: Malthael, The Aspect of Death
    Next hero: Unknown

  6. #26
    Overall I'm happy that we're getting something other than a warcraft hero and I'm happy overwatch is getting another hero in the game. Playing against him in Ptr hasn't been to much of a nuisance because hes squishy. AA heroes I feel will punish him or heroes who have decent non-skill shot abilities. Living bomb, poison, etc. I feel like he can easily be mitigated with intelligent play. (At least from what I have experienced in ptr)

  7. #27

  8. #28
    So, how are people finding Green Cyborg Ninja-dude?
    Moderator of Heroes of the Storm, come say hi!

  9. #29
    I don't know, his numbers seem underwhelming. Granted with a kit like his its a very fine line of balance, and as such, I see why hes a bit weak right now. I feel like plenty of other heroes do his job better. He definitely needs more health. He feels like a weaker greymane without the damage to actually do anything significant. The prevalence of CC in ranked play and lack of healers in quick play means he probably will fall off in use pretty fast.

    He probably needs more health if his damage numbers remain untouched, I can see him fill a greymane role were he commits to kills and chases relentlessly to secure kills with his admitably unimpressive burst (lack there of). relying on mobility usage to get out. Being so susceptible to cc means that he still dies instantly if caught out even with a health bump.

    Be interesting if his cross slash was a frontal ability that acted like cross slash from FF7, a frontal slash attack in a rather wide but short cone that did a good chunk of damage and slowed targets by 60%-80% for 2-3 secounds, as it stands his current iteration is rather uninteresting.

    A damage tune would be pretty dangerous, i would of rather had his sword be more front loaded (less swings, more damage) to allow for some burst play making as it stands you might as well be swinging a Q-tip around.

    TLDR: Other heroes do the job better, he needs some tuning to at least do what greymane does (but differently, sustained chase?). Damage tuning would be tough with such a great kit, maybe rework his sword to be frontloaded to give him burst (less swings, more devastating damage).
    Last edited by Cheekun; 2017-04-26 at 09:53 AM.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

  10. #30
    Epic! RH92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
    Posts
    1,624
    His burst is pretty decent with both Shuriken talents. I think they nailed balance this time.

    He doesn't seem as effective as other Heroes because he is harder to play. I mean, he is not really difficult mechanically, but you need good situational awareness to execute it flawlessly.

    Oh, I love jumping behind enemy gates to get kills. Feels awesome.
    Last edited by RH92; 2017-04-26 at 11:28 AM.

  11. #31
    Interesting hero, but just like Valeera, I feel like he's a high risk pick that isn't worth the reward. I'd much rather have a reliable DPS than someone that can either smash face or fail miserably.


    He reminds me a lot of AP Master Yi with his E, which basically allowed you to clear up a whole team as long as you get the last hits.
    https://battle.net/recruit/R7HD2VJJ2K My heroes of the storm recruitment link. Looking for MOBA enthusiasts to play with. I also want a cool bike tbh.

  12. #32
    Moderator Jester Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cafe Leblanc
    Posts
    23,923
    I enjoy the idea of his dash build, but it doesn't work that well it seems unless the enemies are already distracted.

    Also the camera doesn't seem to enjoy it that much.

  13. #33
    So far, playing Genji I feel like I bring almost nothing to my team that I couldn't bring better with other heroes. Other Genjis I've been grouped with seem to bring equally little, or even less in some cases. And seeing a Genji on the opposing team makes me smile cause it means there's one hero on the opposing side who brings almost nothing to the table.

    No wave clear, no siege or jungling, no burst, low HP, no sustain. You CAN escape almost anything(assuming you don't get CCed), and you are good at catching people who are almost dead and finishing them off, but ultimately, he's like a gnat bazzing around the battlefield but not really bringing much of actual threat.

  14. #34
    Epic! RH92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    So far, playing Genji I feel like I bring almost nothing to my team that I couldn't bring better with other heroes. Other Genjis I've been grouped with seem to bring equally little, or even less in some cases. And seeing a Genji on the opposing team makes me smile cause it means there's one hero on the opposing side who brings almost nothing to the table.

    No wave clear, no siege or jungling, no burst, low HP, no sustain. You CAN escape almost anything(assuming you don't get CCed), and you are good at catching people who are almost dead and finishing them off, but ultimately, he's like a gnat bazzing around the battlefield but not really bringing much of actual threat.
    Actually, he can do some powerful burst with Shingan and fully stacked Steady Blade. Up to 4000 damage, but yeah, in perfect scenario.

    The Hero is pretty good, he is like your deep dive Li-Ming. He can get kills most can not, but you need to hit everything. Majority of Genji players just blind dive and die, it is not the Hero, but them.

    Also people pick him on bad maps, he is not good on maps with heavy PvE focus. In personal opinion his best maps are Towers of Doom, Cursed Hollow and Warhead Junction. Yet, people pick him on Braxis a lot for some reason.
    Last edited by RH92; 2017-05-01 at 09:26 AM.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Actually, he can do some powerful burst with Shingan and fully stacked Steady Blade. Up to 4000 damage, but yeah, in perfect scenario.
    How does the math on Steady Blade work, then? Cause I'm not seeing any way you're reaching 4k damage with just it and Shingan. Shrukens are fairly weak even with Shingen(I always run it, I regularly benefit from it, most heroes can still laugh it off, in many cases that still applies even if they're dumb enough to stand still and let you unload ALL your shurikens into them) and I don't see how even a 60% Swift Strike is gonna bring you up to that damage level.

  16. #36
    Epic! RH92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    How does the math on Steady Blade work, then? Cause I'm not seeing any way you're reaching 4k damage with just it and Shingan. Shrukens are fairly weak even with Shingen(I always run it, I regularly benefit from it, most heroes can still laugh it off, in many cases that still applies even if they're dumb enough to stand still and let you unload ALL your shurikens into them) and I don't see how even a 60% Swift Strike is gonna bring you up to that damage level.
    Here is his burst with fully stacked Steady Blade and shooting 3x Shuriken: http://imgur.com/a/tDFN2

    I know this is rather unrealistic, but it is good to know your maximum potential. Mind you, you also have additional two charges on Shuriken after jumping with completed quest to finish the job (If you can live that long). However if you have someone to stun them and you save your cooldowns, you know you can burst it down.

    Been checking Steady Blade, fully stacked it does 754 damage at level 20. Baseline damage of Swift Strike is 471, the math is correct. No?
    Last edited by RH92; 2017-05-01 at 04:47 PM.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Here is his burst with fully stacked Steady Blade and shooting 3x Shuriken: http://imgur.com/a/tDFN2

    I know this is rather unrealistic, but it is good to know your maximum potential. Mind you, you also have additional two charges on Shuriken after jumping with completed quest to finish the job (If you can live that long). However if you have someone to stun them and you save your cooldowns, you know you can burst it down.

    Been checking Steady Blade, fully stacked it does 754 damage at level 20. Baseline damage of Swift Strike is 471, the math is correct. No?
    I know for a fact, hitting 3x Shingen when I play comes out to about 600 damage each throw, or 1800 for a full 3x Shuriken, even with a full Steady I don't see why you're getting so much more than me.

  18. #38
    Epic! RH92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I know for a fact, hitting 3x Shingen when I play comes out to about 600 damage each throw, or 1800 for a full 3x Shuriken, even with a full Steady I don't see why you're getting so much more than me.
    Maybe auto-attacks? He does "1" attack per second, it takes around 2 seconds to fully unload your abilities.

    His AAs consists of 3x 92 damage as seen on the screenshot, which is 276 damage per sequence. 552 damage if performed twice.
    Last edited by RH92; 2017-05-01 at 05:27 PM.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Maybe auto-attacks? He does "1" attack per second, it takes around 2 seconds to fully unload your abilities.

    His AAs consists of 3x 92 damage as seen on the screenshot, which is 276 damage per sequence. 552 damage if performed twice.
    Even then, I'm still coming up much lower than you though.

  20. #40
    Epic! RH92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Even then, I'm still coming up much lower than you though.
    No idea, maybe he attacked the dummy for the third time as I was taking the screenshot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •