Thread: Hanamura map.

Page 1 of 8
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Pandaren Monk DesoPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hell...
    Posts
    1,788

    Hanamura map.

    All i heard.

    2 lanes map.
    Merc camps drops items.
    New support camp.
    Is payload map.
    Map is actually big for 2 lanes standard, something new comparing the Eternals map from Diablo or Haunted Mine.



    STAY CIVIL OR MODS PLS CLOSE TOPIC.
    Last edited by DesoPL; 2017-04-17 at 05:17 PM.
    The train is broken, never reached his destination anyway.

    I see things diffrently than you, don't like it? I don't care kay?

  2. #2
    Gleaning from posts, I have this:

    Hanamura is a two lane, payload style map which works similarly to Towers of Doom in that it's impossible to directly attack the core.

    Payloads briefly appear on the map for both teams, you must escourt these to their designated destination to deal damage to the enemy core. Destroyed 'towns' increase your payload hit by one and, like ToD, there's a boss who will deal damage directly as well - though he's apparently a beast that can eat heroes, literally.

    Merc camps exist as well, but provide power ups rather than push the lane. Each camp drops a different power up, ranging from Dragon Spirits that seek out enemy heroes and reveal them to large AoE heals and placeable turrets to give everyone the Gazlowe bug.
    Moderator for Heroes of the Storm
    Tier lists: Srey's | McIntyre's | Grubby's
    Lastest hero: Stukov, The Infested Admiral

    "Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged."

  3. #3
    It looks so awesome!

    They've done a great job, I definitely want to give it a go when Heroes 2.0 launches
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

  4. #4
    Old God Noomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    10,116
    WHY OVERWATCH? WHY! COME OOOOON! And GENJI?! I can already play Overwatch if I wanna play Overwatch characters for fuck sake. Give me heroes from other games!

  5. #5
    Added map overview video to the OP.
    Moderator of Heroes of the Storm, come say hi!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    WHY OVERWATCH? WHY! COME OOOOON!
    Because it's a popular game.
    Because Genji is a popular hero.
    Because it'll draw even more people who play Overwatch into giving it a try.
    Because other than 'Blizzard Classic' it's the franchise with the smallest amount of representation. Diablo and Starcraft each have two maps and while Warcraft doesn't have any, it has the most heroes in game.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    WHY OVERWATCH? WHY! COME OOOOON! And GENJI?! I can already play Overwatch if I wanna play Overwatch characters for fuck sake. Give me heroes from other games!
    Not a fan of OW either but this argument coyld literally be made about any other game... Come on, let OW fans have their turn...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    WHY OVERWATCH? WHY! COME OOOOON! And GENJI?! I can already play Overwatch if I wanna play Overwatch characters for fuck sake. Give me heroes from other games!
    For someone who dislikes OW but likes HotS, I think it's a dream
    Moderator for Heroes of the Storm
    Tier lists: Srey's | McIntyre's | Grubby's
    Lastest hero: Stukov, The Infested Admiral

    "Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged."

  9. #9
    We're also getting a "Nexus Challenge 2.0". It might involve Overwatch again.
    Moderator of Heroes of the Storm, come say hi!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    WHY OVERWATCH? WHY! COME OOOOON! And GENJI?! I can already play Overwatch if I wanna play Overwatch characters for fuck sake. Give me heroes from other games!
    Lol can't you say the same for for the other games? If I want to play a wizard/crusader/witch doctor/whatever you can just play D3? If you want to play Jim Raynor or Kerrigan or w/e you can just play Starcraft?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Lol can't you say the same for for the other games? If I want to play a wizard/crusader/witch doctor/whatever you can just play D3? If you want to play Jim Raynor or Kerrigan or w/e you can just play Starcraft?
    No no no, the only heroes allowed in HotS are Warcraft/Diablo/Starcraft characters. Not allowed to have any from the old IPs or new one.

  12. #12
    Old God Noomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    10,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    For someone who dislikes OW but likes HotS, I think it's a dream
    Hm, I suppose that's not a bad argument for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Not a fan of OW either but this argument coyld literally be made about any other game... Come on, let OW fans have their turn...
    You can't play any of the Warcraft heroes, to my knowledge. Unless you go back and play Warcraft 3 for whatever reason to a handful of them.
    THere's plenty of heroes from the other franchises which you can't play.

    Overwatch fans play Overwatch, not HotS. The fun part of HotS is that you get to play the characters you CAN'T play. The Overwatch characters are by far the most uninteresting and unappealing. That doesn't mean they're bad or whatever, it just means they're furthest down on the list of "That would be really cool if I could play!-list, because you can already play them.

    That's how I'm reasoning anyway. That's what I've enjoyed about HotS, getting to play all these characters you can't play.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Because it's a popular game.
    Because Genji is a popular hero.
    Because it'll draw even more people who play Overwatch into giving it a try.
    Because other than 'Blizzard Classic' it's the franchise with the smallest amount of representation. Diablo and Starcraft each have two maps and while Warcraft doesn't have any, it has the most heroes in game.
    Because it has it's own freaking game that's VASTLY more popular than HotS. You can play OW if you want to play those characters.
    I can't go into any Warcraft game and play Ragnaros.
    I can't go into any Diablo game and play Diablo.
    I can't go into any Starcraft game and play a Probe hero.
    I can go into Overwatch and play all those characters at any time.
    That it's underrepresented feels normal because there's a game right now where you can play these characters with the exact same skillsets and mechanics.

    See my point? It's boring to have Overwatch characters. Not to mention how Overwatch has the weakest lore of all the HotS games. The characters are really uninteresting. BUt that's ofcourse my point of view as a fan of Warcraft, Diablo and Starcraft, 3 franchises who've existed for some 15 years with so much more to draw from.

    Of course, it's inevitable that they'd tie in Overwatch with HotS. I still think it's uninteresting. The map looks mechanically competent though, it might be fun. But the theme has no value for me.

    Yeah the one reason I see them doing this the most is to try and draw some people from Overwatch into HotS which desperately needs more people playing it.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I can't go into any Warcraft game and play Ragnaros.
    I can't go into any Diablo game and play Diablo.
    I can't go into any Starcraft game and play a Probe hero.
    I can go into Overwatch and play all those characters at any time.
    That it's underrepresented feels normal because there's a game right now where you can play these characters with the exact same skillsets and mechanics.

    See my point? It's boring to have Overwatch characters. Not to mention how Overwatch has the weakest lore of all the HotS games. The characters are really uninteresting. BUt that's ofcourse my point of view as a fan of Warcraft, Diablo and Starcraft, 3 franchises who've existed for some 15 years with so much more to draw from.

    Of course, it's inevitable that they'd tie in Overwatch with HotS. I still think it's uninteresting. The map looks mechanically competent though, it might be fun. But the theme has no value for me.

    Yeah the one reason I see them doing this the most is to try and draw some people from Overwatch into HotS which desperately needs more people playing it.
    No, you can't play Diablo(and you, you can, in fact, play a SC probe, you have to play Protoss). But you CAN play Li Ming, Valla, Johanna, Nazeebo, Cassia, Jim Raynor, Zeratul, Kerrigan, and a bunch more. So using your OWN ARGUMENT none of them should be in the game. As for lore, oh, yeah, right, there's a TON less lore for the OW heroes than for say...Probius(who you were literally just praising, LOL), Sgt. Hammer, Morales(oops you can use Medics and Siege Tanks in SC too, so fuck those heroes, at least by your logic), Brightwing, Stitches, literally all of the D3 player classes, Cassia, Xul...oh, wait, there isn't. Guess that kills that argument too? So based on the argument you're making, you want a game that only includes characters with a lot of lore that cannot be played in some other game? That rules out pretty much all non-WoW heroes, and rules out some of them as well. Sounds like a fun game you're asking for...

  14. #14
    Old God Noomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    10,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Lol can't you say the same for for the other games? If I want to play a wizard/crusader/witch doctor/whatever you can just play D3? If you want to play Jim Raynor or Kerrigan or w/e you can just play Starcraft?

    The Starcraft characters are played in a completely different way, with different skillsets and in a singleplayer or co-op setting of an RTS.
    A majority of the Warcraft characters cannot be played or are played in a decade old RTS.
    A majority of the Diablo characters are former or currently playable characters though, yes. Which is why I find most of them uninteresting.

    The difference between getting to play Raynor is much bigger than getting to play Genji.

  15. #15
    Looks neat, but it's wierd that they choose Hanamura as a Payload map, lol.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    The Starcraft characters are played in a completely different way, with different skillsets and in a singleplayer or co-op setting of an RTS.
    A majority of the Warcraft characters cannot be played or are played in a decade old RTS.
    A majority of the Diablo characters are former or currently playable characters though, yes. Which is why I find most of them uninteresting.

    The difference between getting to play Raynor is much bigger than getting to play Genji.
    What a strange argument. The difference between the gameplay of HotS and Overwatch is vastly greater than that between HotS and Starcraft/Warcraft III. You can just say you dislike Overwatch. It's not going to stop them from adding its characters to a game with the basis of being a collection of Blizzard characters.

    The map looks fun. I'm glad they're trying out new mechanics for them, as it's really what sets HotS apart from other MOBAs.

  17. #17
    Old God Noomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    10,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    No, you can't play Diablo(and you, you can, in fact, play a SC probe, you have to play Protoss). But you CAN play Li Ming, Valla, Johanna, Nazeebo, Cassia, Jim Raynor, Zeratul, Kerrigan, and a bunch more. So using your OWN ARGUMENT none of them should be in the game. As for lore, oh, yeah, right, there's a TON less lore for the OW heroes than for say...Probius(who you were literally just praising, LOL), Sgt. Hammer, Morales(oops you can use Medics and Siege Tanks in SC too, so fuck those heroes, at least by your logic), Brightwing, Stitches, literally all of the D3 player classes, Cassia, Xul...oh, wait, there isn't. Guess that kills that argument too? So based on the argument you're making, you want a game that only includes characters with a lot of lore that cannot be played in some other game? That rules out pretty much all non-WoW heroes, and rules out some of them as well. Sounds like a fun game you're asking for...
    Tone down the snark and aggression, I haven't insulted your mother.

    I didn't say they shouldn't be in the game. Don't put words in my mouth.
    I said Genji who can be played right now in one of the most popular games in the world is a lot less interesting and fun, because he has the same skillset and playstyle. Overwatch characters have a lot less established lore and thus are much less interesting, to me.



    The Starcraft characters are some heroes from Starcraft and some units from Starcraft, being able to play them as their standalone heroes in HotS is a lot different to playing them in an RTS setting, where some of them are just basic units or bound to a grander theme as units part of it. Moralez isn't a character in Starcraft, but inspired by a basic unit from Starcraft. Being able to play her as her own hero character is a lot different to just spamming out medics in your M-M-M ball of death in a game of Starcraft. Same thing with Probius, who's not a character but a unit from Starcraft that's been made into a hero. Same with Hammer. Those are fun heroes to play, because they take a unit and make something bigger out of them!

    The Diablo heroes are mostly playable characters from the current Diablo 3 though, which is why I find most of them uninteresting too but they have a lot more flavour to them than say Genji. Xul and Cassia are from the old D2, they're classic characters and not current content characters, which gives them flavour and adds to the fun of playing them in a new, updated setting with new updated appearances.

    Why would it rule out non-WoW heroes? The transition from an RTS environment of a 10 year old game into a new, playable character that looks great, has new voice work and everything, is a lot more interesting and fun than getting what by all appearances is a downgraded Genji. Overwatch fits it's own characters better inside itself and presents them better.


    No, I never made such an argument, don't put words in my mouth. I said it's not interesting. It's not fun. To me. That's all this is, my opinion about what I feel. So stop taking it so damned seriously.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    What a strange argument. The difference between the gameplay of HotS and Overwatch is vastly greater than that between HotS and Starcraft/Warcraft III. You can just say you dislike Overwatch. It's not going to stop them from adding its characters to a game with the basis of being a collection of Blizzard characters.

    The map looks fun. I'm glad they're trying out new mechanics for them, as it's really what sets HotS apart from other MOBAs.
    I disagree. Overwatch looks a lot better. I just find that their characters fit more into that setting and play better in it as well.
    Seeing characters from old games or ulgier games come alive is more fun, to me. They can make more changes to an old character and their playstyle than they can to an Overwatch character, to whom they have to stay true to the playstyle, skillset and appearance.

    I'm not saying there shouldn't be Overwatch characters. I just find them very uninteresting in comparison to the others. It's just my point of view, I'm not saying it's the way of things or how others should feel. Overwatch is not interesting to me. The characters have no lore to them. THe other franchise are well...classic. Know what I mean?

    Yes the map looks mechanically interesting, even if the theme doesn't interest me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    No no no, the only heroes allowed in HotS are Warcraft/Diablo/Starcraft characters. Not allowed to have any from the old IPs or new one.
    I really recommend reading what I write instead of misinterpreting a third of it so you can white knight your favorite game, because that's not at all what I've bloody said.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I disagree. Overwatch looks a lot better. I just find that their characters fit more into that setting and play better in it as well.
    Seeing characters from old games or ulgier games come alive is more fun, to me. They can make more changes to an old character and their playstyle than they can to an Overwatch character, to whom they have to stay true to the playstyle, skillset and appearance.

    I'm not saying there shouldn't be Overwatch characters. I just find them very uninteresting in comparison to the others. It's just my point of view, I'm not saying it's the way of things or how others should feel. Overwatch is not interesting to me. The characters have no lore to them. THe other franchise are well...classic. Know what I mean?

    Yes the map looks mechanically interesting, even if the theme doesn't interest me.
    Fair enough, although it's worth pointing out that Overwatch, while lacking in several titles and expansions to build off of, has an overarching story and its characters (some more than others) have personality and backstories to them. They expand upon it quite frequently.

    I can see the appeal in seeing old characters (which I'm hesitant to classify SC2 as; HotS is literally built off its engine, after all) come to life in a new medium. I think most people are just put off by your initial reaction of "Why Overwatch" expressed in all caps.

  19. #19
    Old God Noomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    10,116
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Fair enough, although it's worth pointing out that Overwatch, while lacking in several titles and expansions to build off of, has an overarching story and its characters (some more than others) have personality and backstories to them. They expand upon it quite frequently.

    I can see the appeal in seeing old characters (which I'm hesitant to classify SC2 as; HotS is literally built off its engine, after all) come to life in a new medium. I think most people are just put off by your initial reaction of "Why Overwatch" expressed in all caps.
    I know I play Overwatch and I've read the comics and seen the videos. It's fairly barebones when it comes to story, because it's never really gotten in-depth about it. But that's probably because Overwatch isn't a story type of game. Not yet anyway!
    I prefer Genji in Overwatch. But I understand the appeal of wanting Overwatch characters in HotS. It's fun to take your favorite characters from your favorite franchise onto the franchise battlefield, I get that.

    I really like when they give us characters we can't play, such as Ragnaros and Diablo or when they adapt characters from older games into HotS. Those are by far the most fun and interesting. So while I find Genji uninteresting I also find the player characters from Diablo 3 uninteresting too. But I like playing Nazeebo because he's such a ridiculously strong character.

    Yeah, I probably should've taken my finger off caps lock for that one.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    The Starcraft characters are some heroes from Starcraft and some units from Starcraft, being able to play them as their standalone heroes in HotS is a lot different to playing them in an RTS setting, where some of them are just basic units or bound to a grander theme as units part of it. Moralez isn't a character in Starcraft, but inspired by a basic unit from Starcraft. Being able to play her as her own hero character is a lot different to just spamming out medics in your M-M-M ball of death in a game of Starcraft. Same thing with Probius, who's not a character but a unit from Starcraft that's been made into a hero. Same with Hammer. Those are fun heroes to play, because they take a unit and make something bigger out of them!

    The Diablo heroes are mostly playable characters from the current Diablo 3 though, which is why I find most of them uninteresting too but they have a lot more flavour to them than say Genji. Xul and Cassia are from the old D2, they're classic characters and not current content characters, which gives them flavour and adds to the fun of playing them in a new, updated setting with new updated appearances.

    Why would it rule out non-WoW heroes? The transition from an RTS environment of a 10 year old game into a new, playable character that looks great, has new voice work and everything, is a lot more interesting and fun than getting what by all appearances is a downgraded Genji. Overwatch fits it's own characters better inside itself and presents them better.
    And Overwatch plays absolutely nothing like HotS, so just cause their abilities come from OW, playing Genji in Overwatch vs playing him in HotS is literally just as different as playing Raynor in SC2 vs playing him here. As for flavor, there's...actually more lore and backstory to a lot of the OW characters than there are the Diablo characters and the SC "unit" characters.

    Me, I don't play Overwatch...at all. But I have no problem bringing them in here, cause this is a totally different kind of game than OW is. Same as how Diablo 2 is a totally different game than HotS, and playing an Amazon in HotS isn't going to be the same as playing one in D2.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •