Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Heroes 2.0 Beta : Genji & Hanamura Patch notes



    I am a menace to my own destiny.

  2. #2
    I'm impressed. I literally just checked and it wasn't there!
    Moderator of Heroes of the Storm, come say hi!

  3. #3
    Auriel and Uther changes, support mains must be through the roof. I'm really happy to see Auriel getting some love, she's one of my favorite supports, can't wait to check her out, possibly with her new weeb skin. I'm curious about the Greymane changes, it's not a direct buff but it does feel like it'll make him stronger, surprised to see Cursed Bullet get a buff aswell, isn't it already the most popular pick? Not that Go for the Throat is bad or w/e. Most surprising is probably the lack of Probius changes though, most people seem to agree he's kinda nuts after his buffs.

    I'm also happy with the Brawl changes. I feel like 1k gold was a disproportionate award compared to other modes. Now I'll feel less bad about skipping a dupe brawl since it's "just" a chest.

  4. #4
    Trying to log in to the PTR, but not able to: keeps telling me that battle.net is down for maintenance, after downloading the patch

  5. #5
    Titan Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    11,369
    Eh. Genji doesn't appeal to me, and the new map sounds kinda trolltastic.

    I'm liking the Uther changes though, I like the idea of a tanky melee healer.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2017-04-17 at 06:37 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

    Blog eleven is live! This one is excting, featuring mentions of new bands, new labels and a team up with some ex Chelsea Footballers!

    http://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/11-blog-11

  6. #6
    NEED that Auriel skin. Smacking people around while shrouded in cherry blossoms sounds deeply satisfying. Tassadar looks dead and buried; should at least given him a bigger damage buff when - probably needed for pro scene - neutering the shields.

  7. #7
    Over 9000! Noomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    9,946
    Reading the comments to that is depressing. It's like people can't do anything but complain.

    I'm looking forward to the new Uther!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Trying to log in to the PTR, but not able to: keeps telling me that battle.net is down for maintenance, after downloading the patch
    I think the PTR server is in US timezone, so that's probably why.

  8. #8
    Wow those Auriel changes sound insanely good, I am worried about the interaction of Righteous Assault and Blinding flash, it was nerfed in the past because it essentially shuts down objectives like the Dragon Knight.

    Repeated offence did not need a buff, it's just massively undervalued imo.
    Moderator for Heroes of the Storm
    Tier lists: Srey's | McIntyre's | Grubby's

    Lastest hero: Malthael, The Aspect of Death
    Next hero: Unknown

  9. #9
    Really disappointed the Genji leak turned out to be true. Looks like another month without a new warrior...

    I have no idea what to think about Hanamura, it makes Towers of Doom look bog standard by comparison. I imagine there will be a lot of stupid games before people figure out the map's meta.

  10. #10
    Ganji is cancer, and Hanamura fits HotS like, not at all. It doesn't even fit OW, it feels like. Some Metal Gear Solid crap with those weird robot-minions, mercs etc. The asian landscape, while pretty, doesn't feel like it belongs in HotS at all.
    Completely disappointed.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Ganji is cancer, and Hanamura fits HotS like, not at all. It doesn't even fit OW, it feels like. Some Metal Gear Solid crap with those weird robot-minions, mercs etc. The asian landscape, while pretty, doesn't feel like it belongs in HotS at all.
    Completely disappointed.
    How does anything fit or not fit HotS? The whole concept is it being a random hodge podge of stuff from Blizzard games where a baby murloc and the Lord of Terror can fight on even terms.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Ganji is cancer, and Hanamura fits HotS like, not at all. It doesn't even fit OW, it feels like. Some Metal Gear Solid crap with those weird robot-minions, mercs etc. The asian landscape, while pretty, doesn't feel like it belongs in HotS at all.
    Completely disappointed.
    I think this one is missing the point of HoTs

  13. #13
    The Insane apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    18,867
    Did they just buff my E Li Li build? Yes I think they did.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Ganji is cancer, and Hanamura fits HotS like, not at all. It doesn't even fit OW, it feels like. Some Metal Gear Solid crap with those weird robot-minions, mercs etc. The asian landscape, while pretty, doesn't feel like it belongs in HotS at all.
    Completely disappointed.
    You must really enjoy Braxis and Warhead Junction.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcbenchpress View Post
    You must really enjoy Braxis and Warhead Junction.
    what about tomb of the spider queen that fits none of the franchises?

  16. #16
    The thing I'm noticing and don't like at all is the absence of Samuro buffs. He's in a sorry state currently.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Did they just buff my E Li Li build? Yes I think they did.
    I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been waiting for you to chime in on that. ^^
    Moderator of Heroes of the Storm, come say hi!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Auriel and Uther changes, support mains must be through the roof. I'm really happy to see Auriel getting some love, she's one of my favorite supports, can't wait to check her out, possibly with her new weeb skin. I'm curious about the Greymane changes, it's not a direct buff but it does feel like it'll make him stronger, surprised to see Cursed Bullet get a buff aswell, isn't it already the most popular pick? Not that Go for the Throat is bad or w/e. Most surprising is probably the lack of Probius changes though, most people seem to agree he's kinda nuts after his buffs.

    I'm also happy with the Brawl changes. I feel like 1k gold was a disproportionate award compared to other modes. Now I'll feel less bad about skipping a dupe brawl since it's "just" a chest.

    Regarding GM -
    I believe that's a huge buff. You were struggeling with the first talent, however when going Coctail build Your Inner Beast was cast only while doing a teamfight or objective/camps, so they made the other talent baseline.

    Throat is fine and so is Cursed Bullet, not sure why they buffed it even more.

    I also like the Brawl changes. Why would You need gold anyways


    I am a menace to my own destiny.

  19. #19
    Epic! RH92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
    Posts
    1,609
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    I'm curious about the Greymane changes, it's not a direct buff but it does feel like it'll make him stronger, surprised to see Cursed Bullet get a buff aswell, isn't it already the most popular pick? Not that Go for the Throat is bad or w/e.
    I think they like enforcing that Valla 'keep the buff' thing. Currently Greymane is usually played for the lame Cocktail build because the poke is insane (It does 700 +/- damage when fully stacked) and blow up with one of Heroics. You don't really need to keep the buff up as you just turn it on while jumping in. Honestly, it is a good change as it rewards your aggressive play with more uptime for higher damage.

    Regarding the Heroics, both are good in very different situations. However I think Go for the Throat is generally better as Greymane has already good kit for scoring killing blows and it just goes really good with it. You poke, poke and then jump in and burst somebody down, getting reset and maybe killing one more.

    On the other hand Cursed Bullet goes pretty much against it, despite being really strong when used correctly. The problem with Cursed Bullet is you lose a great portion of finishing momentum and are pushed more into initiator role where you rely on team locking down target and throwing their damage AFTER you used your Bullet to maximize damage. Screwing up the rotation can actually 'save' enemy Hero.

    I personally don't play Cocktail build anyway, I just don't like it as it feels rather passive. I vastly prefer the old Wizened Duelist build and I have way better results with it anyway. I understand it is easier to punish in professional games, but for pub stomping it is better in my opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    The thing I'm noticing and don't like at all is the absence of Samuro buffs. He's in a sorry state currently.
    Samuro is just a Hero you can't balance properly. He will be either overpowered or mediocre at best.
    Last edited by RH92; 2017-04-18 at 10:01 AM.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    The thing I'm noticing and don't like at all is the absence of Samuro buffs. He's in a sorry state currently.
    Just something like making Samuro go to the place of your cursor on Q cast would be so nice. T.T

    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I think they like enforcing that Valla 'keep the buff' thing. Currently Greymane is usually played for the lame Cocktail build because the poke is insane (It does 700 +/- damage when fully stacked) and blow up with one of Heroics. You don't really need to keep the buff up as you just turn it on while jumping in. Honestly, it is a good change as it rewards your aggressive play with more uptime for higher damage.

    Regarding the Heroics, both are good in very different situations. However I think Go for the Throat is generally better as Greymane has already good kit for scoring killing blows and it just goes really good with it. You poke, poke and then jump in and burst somebody down, getting reset and maybe killing one more.

    On the other hand Cursed Bullet goes pretty much against it, despite being really strong when used correctly. The problem with Cursed Bullet is you lose a great portion of finishing momentum and are pushed more into initiator role where you rely on team locking down target and throwing their damage AFTER you used your Bullet to maximize damage. Screwing up the rotation can actually 'save' enemy Hero.
    Yeah, I think the big thing with the Wolfhearth change is that it makes it much more important to use your W correctly, you need to be more aware of when you can go in. Which is a good thing. On ults, I know they're situational, I just feel like CB is more often the right pick. Not by a huge margin, I just thought both were in a good spot with people leaning towards bullet being all around the better one. Not that I think this change is really gonna stir anything up, GftT will still be great to chain kills.
    Last edited by ophion1990; 2017-04-18 at 10:09 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •