Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NoShelter View Post
    The media have been ordered to attack alex, just like they were ordered to attack Milo, and every other free thinker who dares stand up to the authoritarians.

It's not hard to take things out of context and creatively edit them to make somebody appear nuts in sound-bites.

This is how the authoritarian left fights when the public turns on them and they lose elections. Everyone knows that left-wing media personalities are full of shit. We laugh at them, we don't try to ruin their lives. Anderson cooper can continue to use blue-screens and crisis actors, Brian williams can just make stuff up whenever he wants, but nobody says a word.

When the entire media points their proverbial cannons to try to destroy somebody, it's usually a safe bet that the person they are destroying is trying to do something good in a world filled with corruption and evil.
    Making people laugh is a crime

Quote Originally Posted by NoShelter View Post

It's not hard to take things out of context and creatively edit them to make somebody appear nuts in sound-bites.
    Stephen Colbert, John Oliver and many others have done this very thing to Alex in the past few months. His sun is burning too bright, mainstream media is in the middle of a hostile takeover.

Keep up the good work Alex you are not alone

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thing I find most funny is I've always said to people that I'm pretty sure Alex Jones is an over the top satirical character, since he often seems very self-aware and jokes around at how insane he is I.e. the "tinfoil hat video."

Funnily enough if they do this and call him a fraud, didn't Stephen Colbert do this entire right wing satire thing himself for YEARS on the Colbert Report?

Seems a tad hypocritical if the whole time he was just fucking with people to call him a fraud.

I've always equated Alex Jones to the WWE. There is a lot of effort to entertain and make the show look real, but at the end of the day it is just a show.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    The thing I find most funny is I've always said to people that I'm pretty sure Alex Jones is an over the top satirical character, since he often seems very self-aware and jokes around at how insane he is I.e. the "tinfoil hat video."

Funnily enough if they do this and call him a fraud, didn't Stephen Colbert do this entire right wing satire thing himself for YEARS on the Colbert Report?

Seems a tad hypocritical if the whole time he was just fucking with people to call him a fraud.
    Yes, and it was always painfully obvious satire. It was always presented in that manner, even if there were times that conservatives mistook his obvious satire for sincerity. Or liberals got offended by his obvious satire.

Alex Jones does not do that. Yeah, he has his moments of seeming self-awareness, but usually he's full on crazy. If Poe's Law is in effect, it's one of the most extreme instances of it I've ever seen and Alex Jones is one of the most committed actors to his "character" that's ever existed.

The comparison to Colbert is silly, and there's really none to be made between those two. Colbert sold his brand of satire as entertainment, Jones wants to actually sell you extremely questionable "supplements" and shit on top of that.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-04-17 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes, and it was always painfully obvious satire. It was always presented in that manner, even if there were times that conservatives mistook his obvious satire for sincerity.

Alex Jones does not do that. Yeah, he has his moments of seeming self-awareness, but usually he's full on crazy. If Poe's Law is in effect, it's one of the most extreme instances of it I've ever seen and Alex Jones is one of the most committed actors to his "character" that's ever existed.

The comparison to Colbert is silly, and there's really none to be made between those two. Colbert sold his brand of satire as entertainment, Jones wants to actually sell you extremely questionable "supplements" and shit on top of that.
    Its not an act. He believes it. Otherwise every single minute of him on the air is oscar worthy.

He defiantly dials up the crazy for attention though

Some people in this thread are clearly not using water filters.

Fluoride is messing with your heads guys, buy those water filters before it's too late.

I have to take soundbytes/clips of this guy in small intervals. For a few minutes, he's genuinely funny. Let him go past the 10 minute mark, though...he'll be coming at you with everything from out of left field (which about the only way you can use the word "left" to describe him, heh).

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Alex Jones is in a deadly battle for humanity. His personal sacrifices and losses will be small compared to the amounts of joy and love he will restore to the world from the eternal vampire globalists trying to kill Christianity
    Personal loses and sacrifices? Loooool sure getting paid to be a conspirator shill must be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I have to take soundbytes/clips of this guy in small intervals. For a few minutes, he's genuinely funny. Let him go past the 10 minute mark, though...he'll be coming at you with everything from out of left field (which about the only way you can use the word "left" to describe him, heh).
    Haha thats actually how I feel about his videos.

Funny for a few mins then you hit an awkward mark post 5mins.

Its weird how people try brand him as republican because he was anti obama. He was anti bush too

The embarrassing thing for people on the Left & the Right is that he had to tell them this in the first place...
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he does go down the "it's an act" route in court, presumably it's under oath? Would that mean he could never claim afterwards that he was just saying what the judge wanted to hear (Otherwise he'd be committing perjury)?

Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    The embarrassing thing for people on the Left & the Right is that he had to tell them this in the first place...
    I think the only people who don't know it's all for show are the mugs buying the brain power/vitality bullshit he sells.

Deleted
    So the state is trying to steal his kids because they don't like what he says.Are they going to move on to beating people up and throwing them off buildings for blasphemy?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    So the state is trying to steal his kids because they don't like what he says.Are they going to move on to beating people up and throwing them off buildings for blasphemy?
    His wife = the state? Oooookay

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    I
    I think the only people who don't know it's all for show are the mugs buying the brain power/vitality bullshit he sells.
    I think the deeply triggered Left are at the very least just as susceptible to his persona or whatever you wish to call it.

The most recent season of Homeland cast what would normally be described as a caricature of Alex Jones, except it was literally him with more hair. They had this character conspire with the most upper echelons of the CIA & Special Forces to attempt an assassination of a female Democrat President-Elect and create a Lee Harvey Oswald-style scapegoat a la Kevin Costner's "JFK".

Now, my wife loves the show and I would never wantonly ruin something for her, but I had to bite my tongue basically the entire season. There's no way Alex Jones could have watched Mandy Patinkin's series in 2017 and not have been sporting an massive, throbbing erection. The man's going to buy the box set.

What little credibility Alex Jones does have, doesn't come from the people buying his tigerdick pills and thermoses. It comes from his most vocal detractors.
    Last edited by shrunken; 2017-04-17 at 09:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Haha thats actually how I feel about his videos.

Funny for a few mins then you hit an awkward mark post 5mins.

Its weird how people try brand him as republican because he was anti obama. He was anti bush too
    I suppose I'm a glutton for punishment, then. By the 5 minute mark, that's when I'm doing shifty eyes and/or listening to him with my head tilted with an expression that gives away that I think he's going off his rocker. Then around the 10 minute mark is when I snap out of that and close whatever vid/podcast/interview of him I'm checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    His wife = the state? Oooookay
    Hey, she could be a globalist, man. And you know all them globalists are a hive mind!

(/s)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes, and it was always painfully obvious satire. It was always presented in that manner, even if there were times that conservatives mistook his obvious satire for sincerity. Or liberals got offended by his obvious satire.

I mean, I've always viewed Jones as Satire. It's always seemed painfully obvious that he is over the top on purpose. Maybe you are one of the many that took it as sincerity?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I mean, I've always viewed Jones as Satire. It's always seemed painfully obvious that he is over the top on purpose. Maybe you are one of the many that took it as sincerity?
    Myself, and millions of others (both who dislike, and like him).

Again, he does not in any way comport himself in the way Colbert and the Colbert Report did, so the comparison you made makes no sense to me. Jones took an extremely serious, hardline approach that honestly makes it difficult to tell if he's being satirical or honest - especially with all the "supplements" and other bullshit he sells his listeners. Meanwhile, Colbert took a very satirical approach, frequently struggling to maintain his character/composure during his segments and you know, hasn't been trying to sell people dubious products that he shills "in-character".

All the arguments I've seen for "BUT ALEX JONES IS TOTALLY JUST ACTING!" fall apart with even the most cursory of glances at his content and how he runs his business.

Edit: https://twitter.com/HappyHarryToons/...30921266257920
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-04-17 at 10:54 PM.