Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    No. They literally asked TB why it was a bad idea. They had meetings where TB argued the case.
    My apologies, I gave Gearbox too much credit. I always knew they were idiots but that really cements it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    Nobody here seems to care for all the suffering in this world - only a thread like this makes them care for a minute. That's the hypocrisy that comes with these threads.
    Sure, but that doesn't mean someone isn't a cunt for belligerently refusing to recognise that cancer is a bad thing because they .. *gasp* ... disagree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Or Gearbox decided to do that themselves because social media pressure is a very real and unpleasant thing. Oh good, so we have him to blame for how abysmal Steam is. That's good to know. Okay, and revealing that accomplished what? Nothing? Huh. What a surprise.
    They reached out to him, about G2A, and he went there exactly because Steam is shit right now, and he is one of the people who critiqued it. Just the fact that he can help boost sales on games by covering them is proof that he has influence that actually matters. The fact that Valve, a multi-billion dollar business asks for his consultation to improve their store shows that he has influence, the fact that Gearbox reaches out to him after he says that he will not cover their games if they are working with G2A proves that he has influence.
    My apologies, I gave Gearbox too much credit. I always knew they were idiots but that really cements it.
    They 100% are. It is pathetic that they even needed to ask him about the shady shit that G2A does. They should have known.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Oh yeah, I remember those MS paint conspiracy theory graphics. Rofl.

Gamergate started because a man child publicly bitched about his ex, who happened to be a bit social justice conscience. 4chan virgins saw this as an opportunity to get rid of the undesirables in gaming, so they launched harassment campaigns against every "SJW" they could find.

Do you?

They were pissed because they talked about social justice. And harassing and intimidating women is easier, you know rape threats etc etc.
    And this is the whole problem with the whole Gamergate shitshow. People used the same hashtag for two different things. Some were "gamergaters" as you put it, to promote more transparency in the industry, while others were just misogynist dickheads. Problem is that both of them then somehow got thrown into the same batch, and now the non-misogynists who only wanted to improve the gaming media are suddenly called misogynists and what-not.
    Last edited by Zogarth; 2017-04-18 at 01:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Your lack of empathy is startling.

OT: I don't really watch any of his videos or know anything about the guy, but that's rough. By the sounds of it this isn't his first bout. Hope he can beat it.
    I agree with them. thousands of people die from the same illness and worse every day. Yet you only care when the most deluded self indulgent critic out there gets cancer..

This doesn't warrant a post and he doesn't warrant my time

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    They reached out to him, about G2A, and he went there exactly because Steam is shit right now, and he is one of the people who critiqued it. Just the fact that he can help boost sales on games by covering them is proof that he has influence that actually matters. The fact that Valve, a multi-billion dollar business asks for his consultation to improve their store shows that he has influence, the fact that Gearbox reaches out to him after he says that he will not cover their games if they are working with G2A proves that he has influence.

They 100% are. It is pathetic that they even needed to ask him about the shady shit that G2A does. They should have known.
    Literally anyone with a bunch of mindless followers can do what he has done. He hasn't actually improved the gaming industry in the slightest. When he can reform EA from the greedy garbage bin that it is into a respectable, reasonable company THEN I will never doubt him or his followers again. Until then, his minor actions mean nothing to me or anyone else who does not worship the ground he walks on.

Deleted
    As someone who leans generally on the social-justice-support side, I'm appalled to see anti-gg people react with as much empathy as a rock, and find their remarks disgusting. Besides, consumer advocacy doesn't makes one gamergater; branding Bain one is stupid. I don't like him either, but the lunacy displayed in this thread is scandalous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear to god I saw this exact same thread a year or two ago. Am I a time traveller?
    Hi

Literally anyone with a bunch of mindless followers can do what he has done. He hasn't actually improved the gaming industry in the slightest. When he can reform EA from the greedy garbage bin that it is into a respectable, reasonable company THEN I will never doubt him or his followers again. Until then, his minor actions mean nothing to me or anyone else who does not worship the ground he walks on.
    The only ones who can change how EA acts is the consumers, and while he can maybe convince some to not buy some EA games, most buy them anyway. Heck, I view a lot of his videos and hate the whole season pass bullshit and what-not, but I still buy games who have them. But just the fact that he tries to help the industry and advocates consumer rights above all else, makes him valuable in a sea of lets-players who will happily sellout to promote a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I swear to god I saw this exact same thread a year or two ago. Am I a time traveller?
    Got cancer, went through a shitload of treatment, looked like it was nearly done, turns out it is not, and here we are.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Reading your last few replies to me and others one can only conclude you either you hate Gearbox/TB/or both, bc last I checked responding to facts with nothing more than naming calling means you have no facts left to use in the conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has just been pretty bad. It's one thing if you don't like the dude, but it's another to act like someone's cancer returning is a good thing, or karma.

Closing.