Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Thought this was pretty amusing given the whole "Corbyn is apologizing for terrorists" angle being pushed lately.
    https://twitter.com/HichamYezza/stat...82862415228929
    That was beautiful. I wonder who wrote those words for BoJo, and why they aren't writing stuff for the Tories now.

All things considered, the chances of Labour winning are increasing. All they need to do is keep Corbyn away from any and all sandwiches, especially bacon ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Genadius View Post
    That was beautiful. I wonder who wrote those words for BoJo, and why they aren't writing stuff for the Tories now.

All things considered, the chances of Labour winning are increasing. All they need to do is keep Corbyn away from any and all sandwiches, especially bacon ones.
    Yeah, although I'm a little worried Scottish Labour voters voting tactically against the SNP could end up with a tory seat or two. It probably won't be that big a deal anyway but it'd look really stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Thought this was pretty amusing given the whole "Corbyn is apologizing for terrorists" angle being pushed lately.
    https://twitter.com/HichamYezza/stat...82862415228929
    Someone should quote BoJo then to BoJo now -

Deleted

For corbyn to win they just need to let may talk as much as possible. She's talking her own chances more than labour could ever do.

Nothing has changed, we'll still have a Tory government after June 8th with a slight increase in majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Corbyn is not blaming the uk, what a load of rubbish.

He is blaming the wars for increasing terrorism, which any idiot knows it's true and so he's saying his policy will be less interventionism. He's not saying it's a legitimate reason either,, being poor is not a legitimate reason to become an alcoholic but it is a legitimate cause of alcoholism.

Some people really are desperate. He literally says the attackers take the blame for Manchester.
    Gotta turn the propaganda mills, how else are they supposed to ever win again?
    You can tell where American politics got its influence from.

Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    Nothing has changed, we'll still have a Tory government after June 8th with a slight increase in majority.
    Maybe, maybe not. With the way the polls have moved, another two weeks could see Labour in a slight lead. Even taking into account the shy Tory effect on polls, that would make it very hard for them to get any sort of majority.

All we can do is hope at this point. Hope that people finally recognise the damage that the Tories are doing, and vote to try something different.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    Sadly I'm inclined to agree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Sadly I'm inclined to agree.
    And in the ongoing clusterfuck i bring you this, General election 2017: Lib Dems warn over crime database access*And another case of the UK in general, and the Tories in particular, Not getting how the EU works - the ECJ governs schengen.
    There will not matter however much good will, ingenuity, or anything can be scrounged together, be any deal that precludes the ECJ.
    The Databases in question are governed by the treaties, and consequently the ECJ - More importantly, several countries (like Germany, and i'm guessing the rest of the eastern bloc too) will never agree to the country who sees 1984 as a road map and not a dystopian hellscape, being magically outside the very judicial control that made them stomach the database in the first place.
    Last edited by mmocfd561176b9; 2017-05-29 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Corbyn smashed that, helped by the fact May was abject. Fuck Paxman though, the twat
    Last edited by Zelk; 2017-05-29 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Corbyn smashed that, helped by the fact May was abject. Fuck Paxman though, the twat
    As much as I am not a fan of Corbyn Paxman didn't seem to get that Corbyn isn't trying to (or at least showing he isn't) lead Labour as a presidential prime minister. It seems he's going for an old style 1st among equals. Not sure how that will resonate.

Though did like his reply to not having the removal of monarchy on Labour manifesto.

Heavily dislike what he said to the remain voter. Sorry but a vote that close the 48% should not be expected or told to bend over and take it without lube. Compromise needs to be kept to allow us to move and work freely throughout europe without the petty idiots anchoring us down because they couldn't work better than a Pole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    As much as I am not a fan of Corbyn Paxman didn't seem to get that Corbyn isn't trying to (or at least showing he isn't) lead Labour as a presidential prime minister. It seems he's going for an old style 1st among equals. Not sure how that will resonate.

Though did like his reply to not having the removal of monarchy on Labour manifesto.

Heavily dislike what he said to the remain voter. Sorry but a vote that close the 48% should not be expected or told to bend over and take it without lube. Compromise needs to be kept to allow us to move and work freely throughout europe without the petty idiots anchoring us down because they couldn't work better than a Pole.
    Agree with the first one. I think that's something coming from the American political system, as it is very persona and showmanship driven.

I think nobody should try and remove the monarchy - not for the reasons described, but because it's an insane tourist attraction, and pays itself due to that.

Regarding the Brexit... don't get me started... However, I think that he'd still be the better vote, since I (perhaps foolishly) hope that there could be a 'We're toootally out guys, trust me' situation, where Britain is out on paper, and trying to move as close to the mainland as possible. Pretty impossible, but, hey, one could hope.

I suggest we start a petition to connect Britain to the mainland via impossibly thin strips consisting of Nigel Farage and Paul Nuttall. Not Natalie, though, he/she/it/they are fine.

Agree with the first one. I think that's something coming from the American political system, as it is very persona and showmanship driven.

I think nobody should try and remove the monarchy - not for the reasons described, but because it's an insane tourist attraction, and pays itself due to that.

Regarding the Brexit... don't get me started... However, I think that he'd still be the better vote, since I (perhaps foolishly) hope that there could be a 'We're toootally out guys, trust me' situation, where Britain is out on paper, and trying to move as close to the mainland as possible. Pretty impossible, but, hey, one could hope.

I suggest we start a petition to connect Britain to the mainland via impossibly thin strips consisting of Nigel Farage and Paul Nuttall. Not Natalie, though, he/she/it/they are fine.
    I personally am neutral on the Monarchy. They bring us too much money through what they own and also if they were a private family their wealth alone would give them a lot more influence than they do now neutered by the laws of the land.

As for who I will vote. I said it once and again it will be against the Tory MP who represents the area. We are a port town that relies on the EU and he was one of the most heavy brexit pushers in parliament. If that means Labour I'll vote for the Labour candidate. If that's Lib Dem then it is the Lib Dem candidate. If it is UKIP (For some reason Paul Nutter didn't consider the (perhaps) most pro brexit Tory in the constituency bordering Clacton as Brexit enough to not run against) then it's a coin flip on the two.

Also if keeping the Tories out means a progressive coalition with SNP then I am all for it, especially since only other option would be a surprise SNP implosion and everyone there goes back to Labour/Lib Dem.

As for Brexit compromise. Honestly for one don't shut down any talk of a potential EU joint citizenship for those who voted remain like was mentioned months back and May just shut down almost immediately. Like we're all flag waiving, finger raisers to Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not bad, May is gutless, wouldn't have a head to head.

Deleted
    Seen the debate on sky news last night. I like Corbyn, his answers seemed to be in a language people might understand instead of politic rubbish talks, which May employed by the tons.
    May doesn't have a fucking clue, I'm sorry to say. She's brutal at talking. Fairly slow in replying, always vague. The "difficult woman" image she's painting up isn't really helpful either.

Deleted
    Battle for number 10 was a joke, and Paxman was incredibly easy on May, but even then she was utterly pathetic.

Just watched the debate, it was a joke. Corbyn is impossible to get anything concrete out of and simply resorts to arguments based on feelings, social justice stereotypes.

Paxman got a little caught up in this, it's very frustrating for an interviewer to have your question utterly ignored and he came across abrasive to people who can't follow the dodging, which is a lot if you look online. Do I think he was tougher on Corbyn? Nope, not at all he even had the audience laughing at May in hers, but he got more annoyed with him definitely.

Corbyn's strategy of not actually answering anything but say things that sound nice is out of hand now, just wish he could commit to anything at all besides "tax the rich more!". I can imagine it appeals to people who don't really want to think about the implications, or just like feeling like good people, but it's meaningless at best and dangerous at worst.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2017-05-30 at 10:02 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Battle for number 10 was a joke, and Paxman was incredibly easy on May, but even then she was utterly pathetic.
    Yes I agree with that. Paxman dropped it hard. Meant to be the "tough guy" ended up looking like that guy from the day today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Just watched the debate, it was a joke. Corbyn is impossible to get anything concrete out of and simply resorts to arguments based on feelings, social justice stereotypes.
    I don't think Corbyn actually had a moment to even answer a question. And anything else he was questioned on was his personal feelings against his manifesto.

Pax: YOU DONT LIKE NUCLEAR DO YOU?
    Corb: No I don't but its a democratic decision within my pa-
    Pax: BUT YOU DONT LIKE NUCLEAR THIS IS A PERSONAL CONFLICT?
    Corb: It doesn't matter, its a demo-
    Pax: PERSONAL FEELINGS?!
    Corb: I am part of the labour party it's not ju-
    Pax: YES BUT UR PERSONAL FEELINGS?!
    Corb: Ok but it's a democratic decision within the la-
    Pax: OMG IRA THIS IS SO RELEVANT IN 2017 HOW DARE YOU HOLD PEACE TALKS DISGRACE

If anybody made it about personal feelings, it was Paxman. That was not the argument Corbyn wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    I don't think Corbyn actually had a moment to even answer a question. And anything else he was questioned on was his personal feelings against his manifesto.

Pax: YOU DONT LIKE NUCLEAR DO YOU?
    Corb: No I don't but its a democratic decision within my pa-
    Pax: BUT YOU DONT LIKE NUCLEAR THIS IS A PERSONAL CONFLICT?
    Corb: It doesn't matter, its a demo-
    Pax: PERSONAL FEELINGS?!
    Corb: I am part of the labour party it's not ju-
    Pax: YES BUT UR PERSONAL FEELINGS?!
    Corb: Ok but it's a democratic decision within the la-
    Pax: OMG IRA THIS IS SO RELEVANT IN 2017 HOW DARE YOU HOLD PEACE TALKS DISGRACE

If anybody made it about personal feelings, it was Paxman. That was not the argument Corbyn wanted.
    That's because the PM upon entering office writes the Letters of Last Resort and people are worried, as they rightly should be given his past, that if Corbyn becomes PM he wouldn't have the backbone to launch a retaliatory strike against the nation that just wiped out the UK government and killed millions of British citizens.