Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I like the smell of pawpaws. My wife hates them.

Or it could be C) Trump understands that one at times has to adjust and be flexible to end up in the end with a better deal and being nice to his daughter can be a signal they are willing to negotiate better trade deals for the US as a whole.
    That's absurd justification. You just justified bribery, as a way to show willingness to cooperate.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    This guy has been in office 100 days and barely done anything besides renege on all of his campaign promises, appoint a mostly incompetent cabinet, and play a lot of golf, and you guys are already praying for more President Trumps. Ahahahahahahahahahahahaaa... This country is so fucked.
    Isn't this what happens after every election? At least the ones I'm able to remember during my life time.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    So you literally have no problem with the president using his current position for personal financial gain. What is the difference between that and a straight up bribe? I'm glad you love the corruption in our government and support the guy who represents it.
    It is nothing new. All Presidents have.

7+ Year Old Account
    A) Prove it
    and
    B) I'm glad your're happy and odn't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, this is completely untrue. Name a single president who didn't put his business in a blind trust. Name the last president to not reveal his earnings. Name the last president that was also a head of his corporation, trying to do business all over the world.

This is new and you knew it was, before the election. Talk to that Ghostpanther, he had no issue understanding.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    A) Prove it
    and
    B) I'm glad your're happy and odn't care.
    A) Read a history book on the Presidents.
    B) I am glad you are glad I am happy. Thanks. I wish you happiness also. So I do care.

Deleted
    See the Trump hate brigade is out in full force again.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    This is an article about an article. Why not link the real article, that has details like, what exactly the trademarks were for, etc.?

It's pretty amazing how all the shit people screamed and cried Hillary was going to do which made them vote for Trump has pretty quickly become the normal state of affairs under the Trump dynasty. It's like trying to dodge a bullet by diving into its path.
    That's because Hillary Clinton is a foul, corrupt cunt. What has Ivanka done?

7+ Year Old Account
    A) Read a history book on the Presidents.
    B) I am glad you are glad I am happy. Thanks. I wish you happiness also. So I do care.
    You didn't prove it. "read a book" is not proof.

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't prove it. "read a book" is not proof.
    History can teach us a lot about a lot of things. Presidents of the US and evidence of their doings in life and such would be one. But no matter. Not like I need to prove it.

7+ Year Old Account
    History can teach us a lot about a lot of things. Presidents of the US and evidence of their doings in life and such would be one. But no matter. Not like I need to prove it.
    So you're making shit up. Glad I can disregard everything you say then. There's a lot of people here that do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're making shit up. Glad I can disregard everything you say then. There's a lot of people here that do that.
    You are free to do that. But for myself, I am interested in your opinion if I think it is a good one. Unless you resort to insults, then sadly you would make my ignore list and our communications would end.

It's pretty amazing how all the shit people screamed and cried Hillary was going to do which made them vote for Trump has pretty quickly become the normal state of affairs under the Trump dynasty. It's like trying to dodge a bullet by diving into its path.
    I can't remember which political radio show I was listening to last night (might have been NPR), but they were discussing how Trump is the embodiment of everything that Trump supporters claimed to hate about Clinton and Obama.

They viewed Obama as ineffectual, lazy, and a president who went on too many vacations and didn't work hard enough.

They viewed Clinton as a criminal, a liar, a cheat who takes "pay for play" bribes, who's weak on national security and a warhawk who wouldn't stop meddling in the affairs of other countries, which would lead us into a war.

So far in Trump's first 100 days, he's encapsulated ALL of those traits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    Isn't this what happens after every election? At least the ones I'm able to remember during my life time.
    Not sure which presidents you're talking about, since every president in my recent memory (going back to Reagan) most certainly did not renege on all of his promises, appoint incompetents to his cabinet, nor spent almost every weekend playing golf in their first 100 days. Even George W. Bush, one of the worst modern presidents (well, second worst as of 2017), didn't do that.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What details? That AP didn't switch time zones when saying dinner? You don't see how ludicrous saying 'it couldn't have been done after dinner, because in China's time zone dinner already happened'? Really?

- - - Updated - - -

Or... when they said dinner, they were not talking about dinner in two time zones. It's like saying you will play WoW with your friend in China after dinner, for one of your mates to respond that it's too late... his dinner already happened... :|

/whoosh

The point is China approved them on April 6 NOT April 7.

Thus the dinner had NOTHING to do with them being approved since they were ALREADY approved when the dinner happened.

- - - Updated - - -

How does that make it any better?

Either:
    A) Trump suddenly decided to break another one of his election promises and do a 180 on his china stance right after they were "nice" to his daughter.
    B) Trump suddenly decided to break another one of his election promises and did a 180 on his china stance, and then China is suddenly "nice" his daughter.

Either way has the horrible stench of corruption.

He never said he wouldn't work with China.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The republican voter base in general is a bunch of easily manipulated retards anyway.

Yes, I said it. No, I don't care about the "but they won't change if you just insult them!" crap. So sick of watching our nation slowly grind ahead like we're trying to drive a car with a parking break on because cycle after cycle they believe the same shit, vote for the same assholes, and just endlessly hold us all back.
    Preach on, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    /whoosh

The point is China approved them on April 6 NOT April 7.

Thus the dinner had NOTHING to do with them being approved since they were ALREADY approved when the dinner happened.

- - - Updated - - -

He never said he wouldn't work with China.

He actually said he wanted to work with china, but as long as it benefits *both* countries. Looks like he's doing ok so far

Trump told Xi Jinping to expect another CHINA compilation if he didn't approve his wifes patents.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Trump told Xi Jinping to expect another CHINA compilation if he didn't approve his wifes patents.

When did Trump marry Ivanka, on some unknown trip into the backwoods of W Virginia?
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

His son in law also got a boost from chinese firms.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2017-04-19 at 01:02 AM.