Deleted

Question Returning to raiding *Strategy*

So I’m looking to start up my warrior again seriously.

Having taken a substantial time off raiding having done the occasional weekly clear of NH HC (failing miserably at getting DoS - pray for me tomorrow), I’m looking to get my raiding gloves back out and start maxing out my character.

Now I remember setting up shop as Arms in the “spam HS to get tactician proc” and am aware of the changes that have removed this debauchery. I’ve been around to see the change of moving AP from previous traits to the now “rush to the Execute trait” so no point mentioning that either.

Artifact Power - With the new patch fully in motion, what’s the best way of strategizing for gear and to attack the gain of AP? I’ve heard that MoS has been nerfed for AP gain as have M+’s in general. In relation to this I’ve heard farming (rated) BGs are now very efficient in the attainment of AP – is this true? I love a Random BG, is this seriously profitable for AP?

Gearing - In terms of getting gear, I feel that I’m in good shape (with a decent amount of mastery) bar the completion of the 4 set (which I’ve read isn’t huge as I do have the 2 set), DoS and perhaps the Execute ring which is pure RnG. Anything else you guys think I’m fundamentally missing? I’ve been extremely lucky with my relics in terms of the buff in ilvl which means my ilvl on the Artifact weapon is unnaturally high in relation to my other gear.

I think that’s me covered off for now, keen to hear any responses.

Here is my character.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPriest View Post
    Artifact Power - With the new patch fully in motion, what’s the best way of strategizing for gear and to attack the gain of AP? I’ve heard that MoS has been nerfed for AP gain as have M+’s in general. In relation to this I’ve heard farming (rated) BGs are now very efficient in the attainment of AP – is this true? I love a Random BG, is this seriously profitable for AP?
    First off, welcome back to the warr club. I can't speak to much beyond the AP portion as i really only tank, but right now you should view M+ as a way to get more AP if you're looking to get ahead a bit, but it isnt nearly as lucrative as before. I'd suggest doing all raid bosses on several difficulties, as that can net quite a bit of AP, as well as WQ as those now can add a bunch as well. As for the PvP, random BGs aren't nearly as good as RBGs. If you know a group that would take you then RBGs are certainly strong.

If you have the final tier of order hall research completed (it only takes 6 days to research the final 2 tiers of research), WQ's are an excellent source of AP now. It's far more efficient than doing mythic dungeons (unless the mage tower buff for dungeons and raids is active).

Welcome back.
    Do not ignore LFR/Normal cleans as well as speed-cleaning old content, if you can afford spending time on them.
    My tier legs are 795 Titanforged i got from Normal, I'd replaced the heroic ones with them.
    My BiS 900 relic dropped from Guarm Heroic.

Deleted
    For AP:
    NH has a 100% AP drop rate from every boss so clear every difficulty you can, and do all normal mythics. You get ~520k per boss now with AK30 and only takes a few hours to clear them all. If possible save these towards the end of the reset after you've gotten your AK level to get the biggest benefit. Also world quests are a great source, especially with flying.

After the above it's down to mythic plus runs, doesn't really matter what you run now that AP gains have been reworked to net you more from longer dungeons. Altough given that you're going as DPS, finding a group might take longer than a minute, the longer ones might even be better(HoV and Arcway). Anyway, don't put too much thought into this, if you really want AP just get in where you can, rinse and repeat. These should also net you some decent gear.

Edit: Stay away from CoEN though, too much trouble for too little gain.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyag View Post
    For AP:Edit: Stay away from CoEN though, too much trouble for too little gain.
    It isn't as bad anymore. Honestly, the ones to avoid is Maw and Upper Kara, particularly on tyrannical. Maw is just not worth the effort. I get why they nerfed its AP, but i think they overnerfed it.