View Poll Results: Do you agree that raid chests should be limited to bosses you've already killed?

Voters
252. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree

    73 28.97%
  • I disagree (Explain why in comments)

    179 71.03%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    What a bullshit complaint.

    What happens every tier? You end up with 300% as much redundant loot off earlier bosses that goes straight to Vendor/DE and comparatively few and occasionally missing items off the last boss, no matter how long you farm.

    The chests do even that out just a hair by being able to select drops from any boss. They're a positive thing.

  2. #62
    I disagree because it simply doesn't matter, you have people getting ilvl920 loot from heroic and some of the best items don't even drop from raids. You can't get tier pieces from the caches and weapon drops do not exist in Legion, given the overall gear system in Legion there is no point in such a restriction.
    I7 2600k @4.5ghz : 16GB DDR3 : GTX670 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    I hope sooner or later you will realize that trying to force facts and science and logical fallacy criteria upon elements of life that people have an emotional connection with is almost a crime (in before logical analysis how it is not a crime lol). It´s like philosophy used to be the father of all fields of study, now it is semioticians and scientists who think they can guide humanity. Does not mean they are better than others, in fact they are more desperately borrowing methods of investigation from philosophers and social theorists right now. If you think a positivistic attitude is the only one through which one can acquire truth, you are indoctrinated. Logical positivism FAILED back in the day, FYI. Have you any connection with epistemology even? If you want to start smartassing around at least don´t run the risk of ridiculing yourself.

    I am pretty sure you understood what I meant - the game was different back then and an RPG used to be almost completely the opposite of what it is now. It is an MMORPG only by name where the element of ROLE-PLAYING (where status, hierarchy, time available to play, server communities, group forming etc mattered) has gone completely amiss. If you argue that the current WoW transcends the meaning of an RPG then I shall maniacally cackle at you. It is degenerate.
    Jesus Christ, at no point during that needlessly complicated and barely coherent rant did you come up with anything which even remotely resembles a valid counter argument. The game changed, get the fuck over it and quit clinging onto your arbitrary, loosely defined opinion of what constitutes a "real MMORPG" to criticize the current version.

    [ twitch ][ Elhaym#1731 if you have any questions ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ]

  4. #64
    It's hard to quantify the amount of people who feel that way about gear, but i don't think their feelings should just be dismissed even if there's no statistic or other to back it up. (Since the fun in a game is based on feel to begin with)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Thank you for your valuable contribution here. It has made this thread much better than before...

  6. #66
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,797
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Jesus Christ, at no point during that needlessly complicated and barely coherent rant did you come up with anything which even remotely resembles a valid counter argument. The game changed, get the fuck over it and quit clinging onto your arbitrary, loosely defined opinion of what constitutes a "real MMORPG" to criticize the current version.
    The very concept of a "logically coherent counter-argument" is what was the target of my criticism and rant.

    You cannot expect everyone else to adhere to the same rules of reasoning. And there is no true way of reasoning, which you implicitly, unbeknownst to yourself, proclaim. The era of logical positivism is over.

  7. #67
    would it make you feel better if it dropped as 920 Heroic TF?

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    The very concept of a "logically coherent counter-argument" is what was the target of my criticism and rant.

    You cannot expect everyone else to adhere to the same rules of reasoning. And there is no true way of reasoning, which you implicitly, unbeknownst to yourself, proclaim. The era of logical positivism is over.
    I'm not asking you to "adhere to the same rules of reasoning," I'm asking you not to make absolutely terrible arguments about "real MMORPGs" when it's plainly evident the mere concept of critical thinking is alien to you.

    [ twitch ][ Elhaym#1731 if you have any questions ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ]

  9. #69
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,797
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I'm not asking you to "adhere to the same rules of reasoning," I'm asking you not to make absolutely terrible arguments about "real MMORPGs" when it's plainly evident the mere concept of critical thinking is alien to you.
    My comment was an emotional one, we are not in a logic class. The meaning of "real" was not to be taken at face value. But then again, most people nowadays are so blinded by rationality they have shut off access to more meaningful spheres of knowledge.

    One does not have to specify before each utterance that it is their opinion. This is commonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •