• No

39 41.49%
  • We are fine as we are not expecting anything

7 7.45%
  • Stay the same

9 9.57%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Aff also has received better version of ToF. This is hilarious.
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/234876-deaths-embrace
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    That seems to be a pvp talent though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    That seems to be a pvp talent though.
    It's legit, the tooltip is just messed up. See also: http://ptr.wowhead.com/talent-calc/w...affliction/cNX

what the fuck are they smoking

Okay, I'm sorry. I need to rant. So not only is Affliction almost universally preferred to Shadow, they've taken one of the only things which made Shadow shine, given it to them and made it better.

Fuck you, Blizzard. This is absolutely fucking absurd.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2017-04-27 at 02:26 AM.

They still havent reply to the (at the moment) 209 replies post made by the H2P crew... they made a 13 pages document about the state of SPriest. This is community who care about the game and the class, yet not a single : thank for your input, we'll read it. Blizzard pissed me off sometimes.. Like I understand they cant answer all the "QQ we suck buff us nao!" posts, but this is a solid document with valid concerns and suggestions..

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...4285270?page=1

You know you're the only one who said these things, I think you're the one who may be having some issues, I don't think anyone will deny that changing spec is harder than it used to. However you were claiming you are better off as a class with a single dps spec than someone with multiple specs, which is just completely false, as you have to do everything you said as well as a lot more if you want to reroll to another class.
    in terms of a chance to getting better Legendaries ? no.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    They still havent reply to the (at the moment) 209 replies post made by the H2P crew... they made a 13 pages document about the state of SPriest. This is community who care about the game and the class, yet not a single : thank for your input, we'll read it. Blizzard pissed me off sometimes.. Like I understand they cant answer all the "QQ we suck buff us nao!" posts, but this is a solid document with valid concerns and suggestions..
    Well maybe, just maybe, next time they dare nerfing us to ground akin to patch 7.1.5 absurd nerfs, maybe our wondrous community would instantly boycott blizzard and create a neverending mage/lock-style whining on forums for days, instead of saying "herp derp we were op we should've been nerfed derp derp". We got what we asked for, don't understand why you complain, seriously.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    The ironic thing is that Blizz reworked the spriest in order to differentiate it from a 'wannabe aff lock'...

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    in terms of a chance to getting better Legendaries ? no.
    Uhm, what? You're trying to say you have a better chance of getting legendaries on a reroll than changing spec? In the past that may have been true but not really anymore, unless your warlock only has a few legendaries it's generally equal/better chance as the lack of higher droprate on the first 2 is made up by the fact that you probably already have several cross spec legendaries, meaning the chance of getting a good one is much higher.

But even if we say your warlock had no cross spec legendaries all the other factors still make rerolling much tougher to do.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Well maybe, just maybe, next time they dare nerfing us to ground akin to patch 7.1.5 absurd nerfs, maybe our wondrous community would instantly boycott blizzard and create a neverending mage/lock-style whining on forums for days, instead of saying "herp derp we were op we should've been nerfed derp derp". We got what we asked for, don't understand why you complain, seriously.
    Dont assume what was my stance on 7.1.5 changes if you dont know it. I complain now because its my right, thank you very much.

Uhm, what? You're trying to say you have a better chance of getting legendaries on a reroll than changing spec? In the past that may have been true but not really anymore, unless your warlock only has a few legendaries it's generally equal/better chance as the lack of higher droprate on the first 2 is made up by the fact that you probably already have several cross spec legendaries, meaning the chance of getting a good one is much higher.

But even if we say your warlock had no cross spec legendaries all the other factors still make rerolling much tougher to do.
    i agree that the situation has changed to the better. but nontheless you compare a much more rapid income (the first 2) with a chance of 1of6goods/10 (4 are crossspec) (or also 1of6goods/10 cause 2 crossspec are very good but 2 lockspecific are BS/Utility) with 6/8 when you have 2 bads (so 2 bads are left) with a way way way less rapid income with a lot of farm effort. this is 6/10=60% vs 6/8=75% = a 15% better chance to get 1 good Legendary for waaaaaay more effort.

sorry bro. i think you have no real exp HOW long/much it takes after your 3rd Legendary. maybe you heard of this "i have 6 legendaries" guys that had luck and invested absurd farm effort. i for myself play since release, raid 2 times a week and do 1 evening stuff (WQs etc) - or in short i play the game rather mid way aka "the totally standard normal way" - and i have 3 legendaries.

what i wanna say is: you could start 3 characters with 2 legendaries (a 3x chance to get 2 goods out of 6/10 = 6/10*5/9 = 33%) means 3 times a 33% chance to get 2 goods, in the same time you need from 2nd to 3rd for a onetime chance of 6/8 (75%) for 1 good.

it (obviously) became better than before. but when you wanna gamble in a thatheavy RNG influenced xpack like Legion than you shoukd gamble the right way. this is the reason normally ppl that started late, play 1 "main character" and play 2-3 alts (sometimes of the same class) in a row until they have 2 legendaries. its relative less effort. when they reach better legendaries before their main, they switch. when the main is at 4th legendary (regardless how good/bad legendaries are, bc next MUST be a good one) and no alt has outperformed the main luck, they keep that main.

and since 7.2 the gear is factually 0 problem. maybe trinkets/relics, but even this is (relenq items) not a real problem.

have a look at this:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rs-Spreadsheet
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-04-28 at 09:13 AM.

If you played your class since release and only got 3 legendaries then I'm sorry but this whole discussion is completely irrelevant to you as you're clearly playing at a level where it really doesn't matter. I have been slacking a lot on trying to get legendaries since 7.1.5 where they made them a lot easier to get so I'm only at 8 but I know people who continued to do most of the content that gives legendaries and they are sitting at around 12 or so now.

Nothing wrong with playing at your level of course because as you say that's where most people play but you also can't really balance the game around players at your level as you can play any spec and do fine on almost every kind of content. I do understand your frustration with top specs of your class switching though as obviously in your position it is almost as bad as being forced to switch to a new class, but I think you should just play what you enjoy rather than what is the current fotm spec in that case.

If you played your class since release and only got 3 legendaries then I'm sorry but this whole discussion is completely irrelevant to you as you're clearly playing at a level where it really doesn't matter. I have been slacking a lot on trying to get legendaries since 7.1.5 where they made them a lot easier to get so I'm only at 8 but I know people who continued to do most of the content that gives legendaries and they are sitting at around 12 or so now.

Nothing wrong with playing at your level of course because as you say that's where most people play but you also can't really balance the game around players at your level as you can play any spec and do fine on almost every kind of content. I do understand your frustration with top specs of your class switching though as obviously in your position it is almost as bad as being forced to switch to a new class, but I think you should just play what you enjoy rather than what is the current fotm spec in that case.
    i play HC clear raids. 2 times a week. we stopped playing myth this xpac (cause of obvious reasons). so i invest (with 3rd day doing m+, WQs, rep (all exalted), etc. but no pvp) around 12 hours a week in wow. thats relatively mid case, maybe semi hardcore. foremost in these days, when ppl dedicating their "rare" time to a game, by playing 2 times a week 1 hour... If i would play 3 times a week myth raids and only login to the raids, i wouldnt have more effort. and some standard mid average (raid, or myth raid) player do his 3 evenings. there is nothing brutally casual or anything with that. nor is it hardcore dedicated "play 5-7 days wow" students live. its just standard imo.

this stated, many of us have 3-5 legendaries. maybe because we dont do 253627534 MoS m+ and farm 15 hours a week AP/WQ. but THIS is for sure not the average player.

so, what you wanna tell me ?

maybe i have to add that i have that 3rd Legendary since a long time, so the fourth must be near at the horizon. so we can call it like i have 4. but that dont make it better overall.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-04-28 at 11:38 AM.

i play HC clear raids. 2 times a week. we stopped playing myth this xpac (cause of obvious reasons). so i invest (with 3rd day doing m+, WQs, rep (all exalted), etc. but no pvp) around 12 hours a week in wow. thats relatively mid case, maybe semi hardcore. foremost in these days, when ppl dedicating their "rare" time to a game, by playing 2 times a week 1 hour... If i would play 3 times a week myth raids and only login to the raids, i wouldnt have more effort. and some standard mid average (raid, or myth raid) player do his 3 evenings. there is nothing brutally casual or anything with that. nor is it hardcore dedicated play 5-7 days wow students live. its just standard imo.

this stated, many of us have 3-5 legendaries. maybe because we dont do 253627534 MoS m+ and farm 15 hours a week AP/WQ. but THIS is for sure not the average player

so, what want you tell me ?

maybe i have to add that i have that 3rd Legendary since a long time, so the fourth must be near at the horizon. so we can call it like i have 4. but that dont make it better overall.
    You must be missing out on some content if you are only at 3 or you are some extreme outlier, I've only done wq, weekly mythic+ and clearing mythic(and heroic before we were done with mythic) nighthold this these last 3 months and I've gotten 3 in that time, having gotten 5 legendaries before 7.1.5 where I played a lot more.

But again as I said because you only raid heroic as I expected it really doesn't matter what spec you play and you shouldn't really worry about it and just play what you find the most fun. That said I guess our whole discussion was whether rerolling completely was worse than just respeccing to another spec. I still stand by it being worse but admittedly they are much closer in a situation like yours where you're not mythic geared(so easier to reach your gear level) and don't have many legendaries to begin with, so the extra chance on the first 2 matters more.

You must be missing out on some content if you are only at 3 or you are some extreme outlier, I've only done wq, weekly mythic+ and clearing mythic(and heroic before we were done with mythic) nighthold this these last 3 months and I've gotten 3 in that time, having gotten 5 legendaries before 7.1.5 where I played a lot more.

But again as I said because you only raid heroic as I expected it really doesn't matter what spec you play and you shouldn't really worry about it and just play what you find the most fun. That said I guess our whole discussion was whether rerolling completely was worse than just respeccing to another spec. I still stand by it being worse but admittedly they are much closer in a situation like yours where you're not mythic geared(so easier to reach your gear level) and don't have many legendaries to begin with, so the extra chance on the first 2 matters more.
    maybe the truth lies in "when i have played a lot more". how many hours you played a week on average since release? in fact: your "a lot played" time + your "last 3 months" / 2. and this shifted to "per week". or tell me your char, and i inspect it myself on wowprogress etc.

i will guarantee the value of this will be nowhere standard. and nowhere at 10-12 hours a week.

and you can stop advising me playstyles (plz). i think you have good intensions, but i play wow without interruption since release in 2005. yes, i have that bronze orc statue. so, for the love og god, i know the relations etc. in wow. i played A LOT of myth (old hc before WoD), tanks, healers, dps, was dedicated to EJ, forums, etc. and played the game a broad way, 9/12 classes deep played in pve or pvp. only thing i missed was naxx classic and sunwell, when it was actual content. so, no offend, but your advices just sound "insert word here" to me. sorry.

where i agree is when you are hard myth geared and had luck. one of that types that get their BiS trinket, the WF/TF relic and his set in the first few weeks but with a myth raid in the back (that obviously runs some farm Hc raids) its not that complex to get to the apropriate gear levels. in other threads (look at MMOC) ppl complain about Legion is to easy-gearing.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-04-28 at 12:06 PM.

maybe the truth lies in "when i have played a lot more". how many hours you played a week on average since release? in fact: your "a lot played" time + your "last 3 months" / 2. and this shifted to "per week". or tell me your char, and i inspect it myself on wowprogress etc.

i will guarantee the value of this will be nowhere standard. and nowhere at 10-12 hours a week.

and you can stop advising me playstyles (plz). i think you have good intensions, but i play wow without interruption since release in 2005. yes, i have that bronze orc statue. so, for the love og god, i know the relations etc. in wow. i played A LOT of myth (old hc before WoD), tanks, healers, dps, was dedicated to EJ, forums, etc. and played the game a broad way, 9/12 classes deep played in pve or pvp. only thing i missed was naxx classic and sunwell, when it was actual content. so, no offend, but your advices just sound "insert word here" to me. sorry.

where i agree is when you are hard myth geared and had luck. one of that types that get their BiS trinket, the WF/TF relic and his set in the first few weeks but with a myth raid in the back (that obviously runs some farm Hc raids) its not that complex to get to the apropriate gear levels. in other threads (look at MMOC) ppl complain about Legion is to easy-gearing.
    Well yeah I play a lot more than you, I'm in a top 100(got rank 81 gul'dan) guild so obviously I'm far from the average player, while we were still progressing I guess I was playing around 25 hours per week but since we killed gul'dan I've been probably been close to those 10-12 hours. Or well, I'm probably afk online a fair bit more than that but actual playtime is around that, but in the start of expansion I played a lot more, but unfortunately legendaries were kind of hard capped at 4 there so my playtime didn't really matter much in legendary terms there. Oh and also I've been far from lucky, as said having 8 at this point for someone in my kind of guild is probably a bit below average, most of my guildies are already at around 10 or more. Also I have in general been pretty unlucky on my priest, still no arcanocrystal of any kind and while my itemlevel is fairly high I have really shitty stated pieces. Also I never managed to get any of the good shadowpriest legendaries while they were still really good(at this point all sp legendaries are fairly close, so it's not a big deal anymore, although I would still like the bracers for cleave fights).

I think we got a bit sidetracked though, but as I said in my previous post, our whole discussion started being about whether it's worse to have to reroll to another spec or another class. Due to the situation you're in you find it worse to switch to another spec due to the legendaries while in the situation of most mythic raiders the legendaries are less of an issue than all the other work you have to do, and on top of that often just getting 2 legendaries is not enough, you want to get the bis ones, which is generally easier when you most likely already have all the cross spec legendaries.

Also there is of course the other issue that most people probably do some have some kind of attachment to their character, especially if it's something they played for a long time and so they would rather not abandon it. I doubt nearly as many feel the same way about just a spec.
    Last edited by Fleckens; 2017-04-28 at 01:39 PM.

Well yeah I play a lot more than you, I'm in a top 100(got rank 81 gul'dan) guild so obviously I'm far from the average player, while we were still progressing I guess I was playing around 25 hours per week but since we killed gul'dan I've been probably been close to those 10-12 hours. Or well, I'm probably afk online a fair bit more than that but actual playtime is around that, but in the start of expansion I played a lot more, but unfortunately legendaries were kind of hard capped at 4 there so my playtime didn't really matter much in legendary terms there. Oh and also I've been far from lucky, as said having 8 at this point for someone in my kind of guild is probably a bit below average, most of my guildies are already at around 10 or more. Also I have in general been pretty unlucky on my priest, still no arcanocrystal of any kind and while my itemlevel is fairly high I have really shitty stated pieces. Also I never managed to get any of the good shadowpriest legendaries while they were still really good(at this point all sp legendaries are fairly close, so it's not a big deal anymore, although I would still like the bracers for cleave fights).

I think we got a bit sidetracked though, but as I said in my previous post, our whole discussion started being about whether it's worse to have to reroll to another spec or another class. Due to the situation you're in you find it worse to switch to another spec due to the legendaries while in the situation of most mythic raiders the legendaries are less of an issue than all the other work you have to do, and on top of that often just getting 2 legendaries is not enough, you want to get the bis ones, which is generally easier when you most likely already have all the cross spec legendaries.

Also there is of course the other issue that most people probably do some have some kind of attachment to their character, especially if it's something they played for a long time and so they would rather not abandon it. I doubt nearly as many feel the same way about just a spec.
    ok, i have to agree to 2 things:

1)
    the attachment to their character. yes, thats ofc a good reason for many players. top 30-50 guilds in the beginning of Legion played a lot alts and changed accrosingly. But many of them used their already beloved alts (sometimes ex-mains) and in a top 30-50 guild you dont have that 1 and only main. you have what the raid needs. so, this is different. long text short: you are right, for nearly most players attachement to character is a concern there.

2)
    i think there is literally some "point of no return" where you just invested WAY too much AP, gear, stuff, raid composition, etc. i think this point is reached (like in your case) somewhere after starting mythic. this is in reality a bad term, because catchup and new raid always resets this point to a degree. but i think i agree with you. there is "somewhere" a point where you cant return and have to stick with the char without loosing chances or anything those lines.

Deleted
    Playing SP feels so unrewarding. I loved the dot weaving style in WoD and I love the current iteration and the general depth of the spec, but it feels so unnecessary hard to pull good numbers. A very enjoyable spec nonetheless.

I have a question: does SP scale well? (my SP is only 892 atm and I'm worried the time I would dedicate to him would not be rewarded accordingly)
    Last edited by mmoc8d916160dc; 2017-04-28 at 09:43 PM.

Historically shadowpriest has never scaled well. To be honest I'm not sure this expansion but I wouldn't bet on it.