Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Resident Cosplay Progressive

And taxation is theft #staywoke
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    It's too bad they didn't ship it with key rebinding, but this is a fantastic game I believe everyone should play at least once if they haven't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    It's too bad they didn't ship it with key rebinding, but this is a fantastic game I believe everyone should play at least once if they haven't.
    You say that like people may not know what the game is, which, if true, makes me a little sad.

Anyone who's currently playing: is the online active? The only thing that kept me playing for so long was the shenanigan games that people created that were so fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played it for about 10 min for nostalgia. Online is working. Its not tied to the modern system though, for what its worth.

Starcraft is just too scary for a new player to try. I finished the campaign on normal, but I have no clue how I would deal with a real person.

Well that was scary. Your download link automatically started the download. And now I have a StarCraft-Setup.exe file on my computer that I'm not sure what to do with.

I've never played Starcraft 1/2 but I think I saw a screenshot of it once...I want to try it just to learn what a "Real Time Strategy" game is.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Well that was scary. Your download link automatically started the download. And now I have a StarCraft-Setup.exe file on my computer that I'm not sure what to do with.

I've never played Starcraft 1/2 but I think I saw a screenshot of it once...I want to try it just to learn what a "Real Time Strategy" game is.
    That's the online installer. Run it and it will download everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    That's the online installer. Run it and it will download everything.
    Hindsight, I probably shouldn't have linked to the .exe since it seems shady.

Its a 100% legit link from Blizzard though. Same one thats in the first link.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently koreans are not happy with 1.18, taken from a reddit post:

-No more Eud which means no more creative ums like random tower def, super mario, one punch man, or kpop defense. These UMS were very important part of fish server and sc community. We had thousands playing random tower defense and other trendy ums every month. Now that EUD is gone, UMS community is SHATTERED. There's only outdated ones.
    -Hotley inputs are slow. Pros said whenever they hotkey a group of units or buildings really fast the hotkey does not register.
    -Effort said mutas feel very heavy and feels very hard to micro.
    -Mouse feels very heavy compared to 1.16
    -B.net interface is HORRIBLE. On ladder channel you can't spam whispers to people in ladder and instead you have to manually type their ids to send them msg to ladder. -The process of creating also feels very slow. Overall Ui looks ugly and not clickable.
    -No gamma correction to adjust screen lighting. This makes sc screen dark
    -No /f m /f l /w in game.
    -You can't seem to create passworded game for your friend to come in.
    -Your friend will get INVALID password even if your friend typed it out correctly.
    -Game lan is bad. Seems slower than normal #l2.

The big "E-sport" bang that blizz commented on and propposed with this release seems rather... bad tbh.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post

-No more Eud which means no more creative ums like random tower def, super mario, one punch man, or kpop defense. These UMS were very important part of fish server and sc community. We had thousands playing random tower defense and other trendy ums every month. Now that EUD is gone, UMS community is SHATTERED. There's only outdated ones.
    -Hotley inputs are slow. Pros said whenever they hotkey a group of units or buildings really fast the hotkey does not register.
    -B.net interface is HORRIBLE. On ladder channel you can't spam whispers to people in ladder and instead you have to manually type their ids to send them msg to ladder. -The process of creating also feels very slow. Overall Ui looks ugly and not clickable.
    -Your friend will get INVALID password even if your friend typed it out correctly.

The big "E-sport" bang that blizz commented on and propposed with this release seems rather... bad tbh.

WElcome to Blizzard how can we take your order? The HD will have the same problems, so would a warcraft 3 remake its why they need to stay away from this and not please the casuals with 2hrs of game time a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

Try SC2. It's also free except for campaign and matchmaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Try SC2. It's also free except for campaign and matchmaking.
    "It's also free except for 90% of the game."

What is this I don't even
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's actually not that restricted.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/c..._already_free/

tl;dr is you can't play past the first 5 campaign missions for WoL or matchmaking.

You can play the LotV prologue missions, coop with Raynor, Kerrigan, and Artanis commanders, arcade, and custom games.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    "It's also free except for 90% of the game."

What is this I don't even
    Nope. That's not true. It depends what you play.

The matchmaking isn't free but the entire multiplayer gameplay, that includes all 3 races, on every map ever created is free via custom games. Replays are free. All custom games and arcade are free. All co-op missions and mutations are free, although only 3 co-op commanders are.

So most things are in fact free, that includes 100% of the multiplayer gameplay except you have to find your own opponent without the automated matchmaking system. This is the same as SC:BW, which also has no matchmaking, only custom games.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2017-04-22 at 01:39 PM.

Ive owned it since day 1 release so yea... Im kinda interested in the patch thou.. It would be nice if they did some sort of upgrade to it...

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post

wait you mean blizzard is ruining one of its IP's again? Its almost as if the company doesnt give a shit about the IPs that made it what it is today. Diablo is a travesty, they cant even update starcraft 1. Warcraft is an echo we havnt herd of in over 15 years. But hey they added a new fucking hero to overwatch [ which is just a clone of another IP].

The worst fucking thing blizzard ever did was let blizzard of the north leave. That part of the company is what manufactured greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    wait you mean blizzard is ruining one of its IP's again? Its almost as if the company doesnt give a shit about the IPs that made it what it is today. Diablo is a travesty, they cant even update starcraft 1. Warcraft is an echo we havnt herd of in over 15 years. But hey they added a new fucking hero to overwatch [ which is just a clone of another IP].

The worst fucking thing blizzard ever did was let blizzard of the north leave. That part of the company is what manufactured greatness.
    Yeah because all those blizzard north employees have a great track record with games after leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Yeah because all those blizzard north employees have a great track record with games after leaving.
    Hellgate london was an awsome game. Id play it over d3 any day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Hellgate london was an awsome game. Id play it over d3 any day.
    Hellgate London is amazing. I still fire it up sometimes. Such a shame it went down so relatively fast, I spent mega bucks pre-ordering the CE of that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.