Blood Legendary Choices

I finally got my third legendary for Blood and it's the trinket. The two I already have are the shoulders and the ring (lana'thel's). I know the shoulders are one of the best so I'm not replacing it. So the question is should I stick with the ring or swap it out for the trinket? That's a lot of strength on the trinket.
    Last edited by Skullknight157; 2017-04-19 at 09:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullknight157 View Post
    So the question is should I stick with the ring or swap it out for the trinket? That's a lot of strength on the trinket.
    Ask yourself this:

How often do you benefit from the ring? Are you one of those people that rarely use DnD? Do you actually NEED the extra healing and damage for the content you are doing?

If the answers to the above is somewhere along the lines of "rarely, yeah, nah", then go trinket.

I personally really like the ring,and the stats on it are sweet
    I've also found out that I fare better with 2 armor trinkets (DMC and nerubian husk) than with the legendary trinket

I am using boots+sephuz and i have chronoshard Xd. So fukin fast! Note that i am not in top guild and we are progressing Myth Guldan only now.

Deleted
    Shoulders + Lanathel are a no brainer.
    D&D has a very high uptime for blood and you should be standing on it most of the time to make use of Rapid Decomposition, and +5% on damage and healing is really good. Lanathel also give you shittons of haste and versatility, our currently best stats.
    You should use the legendary trinket only in fights where you're having a hard time with predictable burst damage (i.e. Aluriel).

I dropped the Archimonde trinket a last week and gave it try, and generally found it's not really worth giving up a chrono shard/stat stick/goblet/memento for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    Shoulders + Lanathel are a no brainer.
    D&D has a very high uptime for blood and you should be standing on it most of the time to make use of Rapid Decomposition, and +5% on damage and healing is really good. Lanathel also give you shittons of haste and versatility, our currently best stats.
    You should use the legendary trinket only in fights where you're having a hard time with predictable burst damage (i.e. Aluriel).

I dropped the Archimonde trinket a last week and gave it try, and generally found it's not really worth giving up a chrono shard/stat stick/goblet/memento for it.
    Whatever he said. I'd only use archimonde on very hard hitting mob, or very high m+. Actually, I'm not even sure when to use archimonde's in raiding tbh. The instant shield is fairly ok, but other than that, it's pretty lackluster.

Deleted
    For dungeons whenever I tank I always run DPS trinkets so I'd personally use the ring with the shoulders.
    Raids are a different story that I cannot comment on.

Deleted
    Trinkets great for cheesing. Stand in fire with blood up and put put a big hit. Used on anything where don't care ooo fire

Rings good all round for stand still.

Shoulders for everything.

Bracers for 4-5second burst incoming fights.

Belt for regular 40-60second big hits.

Boots for M+ or high movement.

Sephuz Ring for Arcway or high interupt or grips.

Cloak for Necrotic week

Legs for nothing

Prdaz for nothing

Crafted chest for nothing

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    In M+ I generally run with boots and sephuz. It's great for getting around and sephuz will proc on every single pack, making it pretty useful all around. Boots aren't super necessary, but you should at least have an equipment set for long runs between packs at the very least. During necrotic week I have another equipment set where I use sephuz and cloak in M+.

For bosses in M+ I generally run with trinket and bracers (I don't have the shoulders yet, otherwise I'd be running with them). The trinket is a beefy stat stick and the on use does a considerable amount of damage when used correctly (at the end of vamp blood usually, with as much health as you can possible get). Mine explode upwards of 3.2 million damage or more, which is a considerable amount of damage with a minute and 15 second CD. Generally on high M+ you can get two of these off. Even if you're not using it for damage, it will do a lot of damage if you're primarily using it as a defensive button.

Shoulders are all around the best legendary though, and aside from very niche encounters, I can't see not using them (unless the two piece, 4 piece sets from next patch don't get broken, to which other combos might be an attractive alternative).

The pants really aren't that great. Prydaz is okay, but others are better. As a tank I generally don't like procs I can't control, and while Prydaz smooths damage, I'd much rather have the ability to generate a larger shield on demand (the trinket) with a longer CD, than one that pops up every 30 seconds.

The rest of them that I didn't mention are all fine in their own way. While Lana'thels is good, I don't think it's worth using over trinket, bracers or shoulders the majority of the time, but it's a fine legendary if you don't have access to all of them. The belt sort of falls into the same category. Aside from some very niche encounters (Mythic Gul'dan) you generally don't need to have vamp blood up every ~35 seconds. Don't get me wrong, it's amazing, but you can generally get more out of other legendary items, if you in fact have access to them all.

Generally my setup for Mythic raiding is generally the same, I mostly run with trinket and bracers on every single fight (keep in mind, I don't have shoulders). On Spellblade I use the DPS trinket over the tanking trinket (boss isn't a threat, so might as well have a free nuke at the start, on every set of frost and arcane adds). On Mythic Gul'dan I run with trinket and belt (with this combo I don't need any externals and he poses very little threat to me).

I currently have the belt, the trinket and the cloak. Is there a good combination of those 3 to run in nighthold? I know the belt helps out my healers a LOT. Is there a good way to either exploit the cloak or the trinket?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cloak is largely useless in raiding. Only applications are preventing a meteor or dropping stacks on Augur (both of which you can do without the cloak), and/or running around and soaking more spores during Botanist.

Trinket is really straight forward, at least from a damage perspective. Pop it when you have as much health as possible and try to burn the shield before it expires. It's a lot of damage with vamp blood up, ten stacks of bone shield (with foul bulwark) and the new gold trait from blood.

Quote Originally Posted by RoninChaos View Post
    I currently have the belt, the trinket and the cloak. Is there a good combination of those 3 to run in nighthold? I know the belt helps out my healers a LOT. Is there a good way to either exploit the cloak or the trinket?
    That's a very interesting mix of legendaries you have there; all related to defensive cooldowns and none of the passive boosts.

You probably want belt and trinket for all content. Drape healing is hard to use effectively compared to the trinket, which also does damage for whatever that's worth. Vamp blood is such a strong ability that cooldown reduction in any form is a very powerful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Faradin View Post
    That's a very interesting mix of legendaries you have there; all related to defensive cooldowns and none of the passive boosts.

You probably want belt and trinket for all content. Drape healing is hard to use effectively compared to the trinket, which also does damage for whatever that's worth. Vamp blood is such a strong ability that cooldown reduction in any form is a very powerful thing.
    Thanks for the reply. Do you have a suggestion for the best way to use the trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by RoninChaos View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Do you have a suggestion for the best way to use the trinket?
    The trinket is a defensive cooldown like any other when using it for mitigation. They're best when you are not overlapping them, unless, for some reason, you need more than one to deal with a large amount of burst damage.

If you're looking to pump out more damage with it, you can combo it with vamp blood to make the shield, and, subsequently, the damage larger, seeing as they are based off of your max health. It's important to note that you actually need to absorb the full shield during the duration, or else it won't do any damage at all.