Deleted

Stat weighting after 7.2

Hello all, currently there is some inconsistency on what stat priority is for ret paladin, so want to drop a quick question here. I am currently item level 910 and have most boss percentiles above 90%:

1. I constantly sim my gears, but it seems after haste reaches 20%/21%, its value becomes lower than crit or versatility.
    2. That is when the sim is inconsistent with most of the online resources, which put haste straight above crit and versatility.
    3. I checked some of ret paladins in top guilds on wow progress (which probably doesn't mean anything), but I do notice some players still go old style crit and versatility, but the others go all in on haste.

I understand our secondary stat is pretty close to each other in 7.2, but I suppose I am going for that a little extra DPS here. Any constructive opinion is appreciated.

Don't sim patchwerk.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

If not Patchwerk, what model should you sim

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    At the beginning I gone for Haste/Crit gear, but lately I have found versatility is so good.

Haste was 20-24% range, but this week got a new gear with Haste gone to 29%. Not sure if it is a waste or not, but replaced some already high Mastery (26% now).
    Crit is 19% and Versatility is 7% with the http://www.wowhead.com/item=144988 trinket that giving an extra 5% Versatiliy.

Not using any sims, but balancing stats with keeping Mastery low.

Quote Originally Posted by kingreboot View Post
    If not Patchwerk, what model should you sim
    if you think you will be able to stand all the time near boss and not move / switch because of mechanics than ofc - sim patchwerk.

But if you think that you maaayybeee need to move around a little, or more - sim for both, light movement and heavy movement and adjust gear according to the encounter's needs.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Personally I have 21% haste, avoiding mastery as plague and trying to keep versatility above 8% and jamming everything else into Crit.

I do have the cloak tho, so maybe I should try to push 30% haste but it will require a lot off effort to reach that and I will screw up both my vers and crit "too much"... so I think i'll skip that!

I feel that as long as I have 20%+ on haste and atleast 7-8% versa, I have a good base dmg and HP generation going on... if either of those drop too far below those stats, I start to feel a clunky rotation and significant drop in dmg (even if crit goes up).

As the OP clearly knows what he's doing, I suspect he's after more than some "gut feeling" stuff.

@OP
    The only thing I can think of that might help you out would be to mess around some more with Simcraft. Try different profiles, different talent setups, different fight lengths. If a single stat remains the strongest throughout, then it's clearly the strongest stat.

Quote Originally Posted by wartank View Post
    1. I constantly sim my gears, but it seems after haste reaches 20%/21%, its value becomes lower than crit or versatility.
    Some general information.

3. I checked some of ret paladins in top guilds on wow progress (which probably doesn't mean anything), but I do notice some players still go old style crit and versatility, but the others go all in on haste.
    The stats are well balanced for ret paladins currently, which means 2 things:
    - you can't really go wrong, the difference when changing stats while keeping same ilvl will be minimal
    - often times your stats are so close that changing one or two items pushes a different stat ahead, so some players who min-max will enchant crit, some haste, some versatility

2. That is when the sim is inconsistent with most of the online resources, which put haste straight above crit and versatility.
    Those guides/resources are likely oversimplified, possibly also just wrong.

I understand our secondary stat is pretty close to each other in 7.2, but I suppose I am going for that a little extra DPS here. Any constructive opinion is appreciated.
    Versatility offers the best defensive benefits while being at least competitive if not best for dps.
    Depending on an offspec, you might also prefer to go haste/vers (if you want to tank some bosses) or maybe crit(?) for swapping to holy.

If all you care about is to squeeze out that 100 extra dps, there is no reason to not trust simcraft, just make sure you are simming with proper fight length and type.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    I do have the cloak tho, so maybe I should try to push 30% haste
    Well, I'm from Europe and it was full moon last week so I guess I should try to push that 30 % mastery.

Jokes aside, the cloak haste breakpoints (for another ability/GCD during the buff) are 12.5 % and 50 %.
    You almost can't be further from them at 30 %.

Haste is a very interesting stat for ret that causes more discussion than it ever should. Meiffert summed it up pretty nicely and it means a few things: with warforged being a thing, a 5/10 ilvl upgrade is almost always an upgrade, due to str being better than any secondary and haste/crit/vers veing approximitely the same value (tho it never is and one stat is superior, so in order to minmax for 0.0x% increases you'd have to sim every piece you can get your hands on in many combinations) also, mastery has become way better now with our new 4th golden, as it benefits our aoe too, so while it is less favoured it is not anywhere near like ''ugh this +15 ilvl boots has mastery, ill vendor them''. That said, anywhere inbetween 12.5% haste and 30% haste ( namely 1 and 2 extra gcds during judge window) is fine, with more haste gving a more fluid rotation, and easier time keeping cloak buff up, however it does not impact dps greatly if at all. So haste is nice as long as you are above 12.5 and not much over 30% and you feel good with how your rotation plays. Ilvl is almost always the key to piecies with strenght, and other stats are so close i wouldnt stress about those, but f you must, simming after every single p[iece you get will tell you whats best at any given point, however, changing one piece can skew it and other stat will again be best