Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    My only real criticism would be the extremely lazy and lousy time-gating. I don't mean in a sense of some of the people are complaining like wwaaah how dare you make me wait a week for the next quest type of way.
    I would be ok with time gating as long as it makes sense within the story. When they used to do time gating in quest lines before, they actually included a reason for us to wait
    - It is gonna take us X amount of time to build this,
    -need to wait for the results of an experiment
    - sent john doe on a scouting mission waiting for the report etc. etc.. Like we all knew it was time gating but at least they cared to write a paragraph of dialogue or quest ending to slightly justify the waiting. Also, the quests where written with knowing they would be continued over time with possible cuts planned like a TV show planning fades to black within scenes for commercials.

Moving on to today, it is basically awkwardly staring at khadgar for a week while he refuses to make eye contact till, until he finally gives in and drops the next quest.. We had to wait for a week for him to ask 2500 shards from us, then give back 2499 saying oops, and the whole thing with no explanation or no follow up?! at this point, Devs are just actively fucking with us and trying to see how fare they can take it.

Finally, blizz is heavily advertising and made the claims online like 'Come back for 7.2 now and complete your class hall campaign!! get a new mount!!! experience broken shore !! etc etc..' you might have seen them on Facebook or youtube - The problem is you CANT do those things they are claiming at the moment and if you do this anywhere else it would be considered bait and switch and is actually a criminal offense. The blizz's excuse of "oh if its in the game files right now it is considered as in game" excuse wouldn't hold up legally.

Ps. Minirant - Can Khadgar puns please fucking stop already.. he is one of the most powerful mages in game and quite a serious character. He can do better then a combination of awkward teen and Dad jokes FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    I would be ok with time gating as long as it makes sense within the story. When they used to do time gating in quest lines before, they actually included a reason for us to wait
    - It is gonna take us X amount of time to build this,
    -need to wait for the results of an experiment
    - sent john doe on a scouting mission waiting for the report etc. etc.. Like we all knew it was time gating but at least they cared to write a paragraph of dialogue or quest ending to slightly justify the waiting. Also, the quests where written with knowing they would be continued over time with possible cuts planned like a TV show planning fades to black within scenes for commercials.
    yeeeaaah see this would cost time and money. Activision Blizzard wants to make money, not to spend it.