Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by omgepo View Post
    I like Boros since I ret while doing world stuff, but he's big and gets in the way often. I wish there was a way to shrink them like in Draenor.
    Hell, I wish we could just put him on a horse even. Like, sweet jesus the amount of times he'll just casually walk over my digsite while doing arch makes me frustrated as all hell. Or even a simple "dismiss/summon" option like a hunter pet.

Deleted
    I was using boros, but damn his elek was driving me mad, not to mention his aoe shinny explosion that used to pull every critter out there leaving me in a state of permanent combat.

I switched to Arathor, packed him with 2 legendary and 50+ gold items and for me now, he simply can just "be there".

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't used Max or Nerus at all, as I find them too useful for Missions.

While leveling and before being somewhat geared, I used Boros. Guy helped keep me alive a lot during earlier Legion days of World Quests and rare hunting before flying.
    I mainly stick with Arator now. A little extra damage to clear the enemies faster never hurts.

As I normally blow things up with 1 crit or 2-3 attacks, I've never bothered with bodyguards. But with some of the elites out on the broken isles, tempting to try using Boros to improve my soloability, because there are just some that I can't seem to blow up without dying to.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspiral View Post
    I haven't used Max or Nerus at all, as I find them too useful for Missions.

While leveling and before being somewhat geared, I used Boros. Guy helped keep me alive a lot during earlier Legion days of World Quests and rare hunting before flying.
    I mainly stick with Arator now. A little extra damage to clear the enemies faster never hurts.
    The only problem with Boros is he's bugged to mount every time you leave combat. Otherwise, Arator can't compete with his damage output, because Arator is not a ~12% damage boost of my dps on top of his own attacks like Boros is.

I use Nerus in passive mode. I don't like using active bodyguards because they sometimes aggro more mobs than needed, including enemy players, making them run after them. While they are in combat I can't fly away. I can always call on Nerus if I feel he can useful.

Does the BoK from Max actually work? I haven't noticed my stats actually increasing and this kind of "trolling" would be just too well fitting for him (can't check myself right now since Max is on a longer mission).

Do they even do anything?.. I have one to get the bonus Order Resources from WQs but that's the only reason.. he seems like shite, does shite and is just in the way when I try to loot stuff... I'd toss him off a cliff if it weren't for the Resources his gear brings!

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    Does the BoK from Max actually work? I haven't noticed my stats actually increasing and this kind of "trolling" would be just too well fitting for him (can't check myself right now since Max is on a longer mission).
    Originally it didn't, but blizzard did have a hotfix note saying it works now. I haven't checked to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    Originally it didn't, but blizzard did have a hotfix note saying it works now. I haven't checked to confirm.
    But I did and it indeed works. Thanks.

Max is brilliant, I can now solo every "mini boss" on the island as ret with him just tanking them for me and I get them down within wings/a minute.

The 10 % buff and the fact that he keeps aggro when I am doing 1mil+ dps makes him the best bodyguard in my opinion. And I am happy to be his squire

I like max a lot, the 10% dmg buff and tanking is great.

You do so much dps as prot or even as holy, it hadly matters imho. I do WQs as prot. I am a god in world content; there is nothing I can pull that even drops my health and I can dish out 500k-1mil dps.

I would also add that prot has SO much aoe for tagging stuff, and in world content it is often about tagging as many mobs as possible as fast as possible.

Just my 2 cents. Have fun!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Arator is the coolest Kappa

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Meatball. The 20% execute(one-shots anything that isn't a world boss) and the 10% damage per orb stack(stacks infinitely) is nuts.

He also uses the flying red disc cloud mount thing so he's very non-invasive when flying around.

Honestly the only downsides are not using him as a mission runner and he has a hideous model from 2004 still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Who exactly is Max? As Alliance, I thought everyone referred to Lord Maxwell Tyrosus. So I equipped the legendary AP token on him along with a 50/25 gold ones. Of course I figured out after (never used a combat ally) that he can't go on missions. Does max have a different name for Alliance? Or is he one I haven't unlocked?

Quote Originally Posted by belashar View Post
    Who exactly is Max? As Alliance, I thought everyone referred to Lord Maxwell Tyrosus. So I equipped the legendary AP token on him along with a 50/25 gold ones. Of course I figured out after (never used a combat ally) that he can't go on missions. Does max have a different name for Alliance? Or is he one I haven't unlocked?
    When people say Max as combat ally they must refer to Maximillian of Northshire - wowhead link

Arator but somewhat regret it, his consecrate can bring in unwanted aggro. I had a legendary 50g generator drop early in the xpac, gave it to him before thinking so he's stuck with me. I am a bit jelly that he get's an awesome leap ability that I wish Blizz would implement to ret pallys.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Ok, ill be the guy, where do you see the damn bonuses? I checked wowhead and only read comment!! that Max gives BoK... Is there a list?
    Also I use meatball, since I didnt know the bodyguards gave any buffs lol, because I put Lego equipment that gives AP on him. It is awesome for the benefits mentioned above but his trait can give you an item that you can use on your followers, which gives +success chance. So THAT is prob one of the reasons you want to use this follower for missions, not as a bodyguard.
    When I get the new Lego equipments, I may swap him but so far, Im stuck with him : ) I manage to send him on few missions overnight so I stack the +success chance items for the elite missions.

Quote Originally Posted by belashar View Post
    Maximillian of Northshire