Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Group Finder Addons Changed, Blue Posts

Developer Q&A - Ion Hazzikostas, Si'vash, Nether Disruptor

Group Finder Addons Changed
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Since the release of Patch 7.2, we’ve been working to resolve issues with realm performance that were causing players to experience heavy latency and/or disconnects on the Broken Isles. As our investigation has continued, we’ve discovered that many of these issues were being inadvertently caused by addons intended to automate the creation and joining of groups via the Group Finder, even for players who were not using those addons.

Today, we’ve changed what addons can do when interacting with Group Finder, in order to address major performance issues with the game service for players— not just for those using these addons, but for others as well.

In order to alleviate those issues, we’ve recently applied a hotfix that changes how addons interact with the Group Finder. Players will now need to give a manual confirmation when an addon attempts to:
    - List and delist a Group Finder group.
    - Search for and request an invite to a Group Finder group.

Addons that are affected by these changes will need to be updated to comply with this new restriction. We understand that this is a relatively sudden change, but it was important to resolve the performance issues as quickly as possible.

Note: If you are not using an addon that modifies the Group Finder feature, you should not encounter any issues resulting from this change.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Brewmaster Feedback in Patch 7.2.5
    Lots of great feedback here on the latest build so far. Thanks.

Latest thoughts:
    Spitfire - It's a fun playstyle option for people, but having both defensive (even without it being an increase to Hot Blooded, it's still more Elusive Brawler stacks) and offensive value (more Breath of Fires for damage), it's hard to fit it anywhere in the talent tree, and it complicates artifact trait values. We're going to just cut if for now (may return at some point in the future when it fits in better). Niuzao will return, and will simply deal more damage to make him competitive with the row.

Blackout Combo - Yeah, the 2sec rotation is problematic. Some people like the frantic gameplay, but we think other talent combinations deliver on that better anyway. The main problems with it are that it invalidates a ton of other talent choices, actually *reduces* rotational choice because you just combo everything instead of having to choose what you combo, causes energy capping issues, is a massive buff to the talent potentially upsetting talent balance, and is too fast-paced without any other contribution. We're going to return it to 3sec, where you can pair it with other GCD-filling talents to create the frantic playstyle if you prefer, without causing the above issues.

Hot Blooded and Dragonfire Brew - Baseline, Hot Blooded is very strong. 1% DR per bronze trait is already on the extremely strong side. The Legendary chest was created with Hot Blooded in mind as its defensive benefit. But that gets a little out of hand when we added 4th points to Bronzes, and you min/max relics, increasing it to the massively-OP level of 7% DR for a legendary. Then the 7.2.5 changes also add more Elusive Brawler stacks to that. We're going to adjust these two traits in order to better balance trait and legendary values: Dragonfire Brew will also increase the duration of Breath of Fire's DoT by 100%, giving it defensive value. Hot Blooded will now be active the whole time, instead of ~half the time without the Chest, and so is changing to 1% DR per point to compensate.

EDIT: Overall Tuning - As always, overall tuning happens late in the process. Don't worry about overall power level of Brewmasters when giving feedback on these changes.

Thanks all!

I have a feeling theres a disconnect between how much the monk community value those elusive brawler stack and how the Developpers value them.

First off, as said many times, dodge doesn't do anything VS magic damage or VS any kind of boss threatening ability as they are undodgeable even if physical (ex: spellblade annihilate).

From a mythic raider point of view, those dodge stacks hardly do anything, as bosses auto-attack (the only thing that's dodgeable) are the least threatening form of damage we have to face.

From a M+ dungeon point of view, those stack comes and go so fast nobody will notice the buff... having 100% dodge chance for 1 auto-attack out of the 5+ weak mob training you hardly change anything...

It's also one of the reason people hardly, if ever, use blackout combo to empower purify.

We value it based upon its actual real world value, not a theoretical worst case that doesn't actually exist. You should too.

Yes, Elusive Brawler does nothing against Magic/undodgeable damage. However, apart from some extremely niche situations like Star Auger, it's not that piercing damage alone that kills you; it's the combination of those and other damage that is dodgeable. Nowhere is this more true than on Brewmasters, where there is no spike damage, only smoothed total damage (which is mostly auto attack damage). Mastery drastically reduces the total damage you take, which is the only thing scary to a Brewmaster anyway. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

10+ Year Old Account
    Great change with the world quest group finder tool. Its what I was lobbying for last week. It will also help with leechers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet! I wondered why the servers have been so wonky lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still suffering from strange fps drops.. 1 minute it can be up to 42 then drop all the way down to 2.. Really weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Still suffering from strange fps drops.. 1 minute it can be up to 42 then drop all the way down to 2.. Really weird.
    Sounds unrelated.
    Connectivity, particularly latency in terms of responsiveness is what would be affected here.
    FPS is a local performance issue, either due to wow or other factors in your PC.
    Hardware, Software, Addons, Graphics settings, etc.

A new thread would be a better place to have that conversation.
    Start in the Interface and Macro's area perhaps.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/2...ace-amp-Macros
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

These changes to Hotblooded and Dragonfire Brew are going to make the Legendary Chest a little pointless and only a dps upgrade instead of being able to maintain full uptime on the BoF dot to get the full uptime of the DR that is gained from the dot.

7+ Year Old Account
    When will this change deploy?

- - - Updated - - -

Well. Further API pruning yea. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    WoW has lost its main spirit - openness

- - - Updated - - -

This expansion is the LARGEST api pruning expansion. That deserves a point why Legion sucks.

gg boyz

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems targeted at WQGF specifically...

But from what I read, WQGF already require manual interaction for those things..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Seems targeted at WQGF specifically...

But from what I read, WQGF already require manual interaction for those things..
    Although I disagree with API pruning. You don't really need a WQGF to do WQs. Blizzard Premade groups are already enough for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Group Finder is always toxic when it develops to a point which requires addons to use UninviteUnit.

Yea!!!

Delete LFD/LFR!!

Quote Originally Posted by Apellosine View Post
    These changes to Hotblooded and Dragonfire Brew are going to make the Legendary Chest a little pointless and only a dps upgrade instead of being able to maintain full uptime on the BoF dot to get the full uptime of the DR that is gained from the dot.
    That's...kinda the point. They are intending to at least reduce the defensive value of the chest. Right now, it is far and away the most powerful legendary for BM for survivability, making it effectively mandatory. Converting it into an almost entirely DPS legendary with a bit of secondary utility as far as snap aggro on AoE packs is a good change.
    Last edited by Kaedis; 2017-04-28 at 03:58 AM.
    Even Angels must kill from time to time...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Great change with the world quest group finder tool. Its what I was lobbying for last week. It will also help with leechers.
    LFD/LFR are always too toxic. I don't even get any surprised WQGF will auto-kick low dps players in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

My 7 reasons why you should uninstall your WQGF addon

Blizzard listens to me LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    When will this change deploy?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

This expansion is the LARGEST api pruning expansion. That deserves a point why Legion sucks.

gg boyz
    And this is the attitude and temperament that is killing WoW. Players like you are a bigger problem than anything Blizzard have done.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Well that's what happens when you abuse your 'openness', or did you never stop to think that 'open' has consequences if you abuse it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    The guys who are enjoying their god-given right to afk on a flying mount safe in the air as others finish the WQ for them are gonna be a bit annoyed I suppose.

I've never afked doing wqs, yet this addon made me do them much quicker.

WQGF is giving errors even when I manually click to find a group (unless that's not what Blizzard means by the word 'manual').

I can make them solo, sure. But like most of ppl I dont enjoy constant wq grind for ap and hope WQGF will start working again at least to some degree.

Deleted
    I really wish that Kalgan takes over WoW development again, Ion turned out to be a whiny bitch and 100% against players.

#ADAB
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2017-04-28 at 07:34 AM.

Deleted
    Well no more groups in an MMO... Someone should tell them this is not a single player game. I don't think they got the memo!

It is interesting the addons were fine until they added invasions. So that means they fucked up but they won't work on the problem they will just disable it... F*cking Blizzard.

Personally i find it very annoying when people are grouped for some WQ and thus make mobs untaggable for others.
    I assume most of times these people are grouped with WQGF

It makes those WQ even slower for that party and for me

Seems that Premade Filter doesn't work either after the recent changes. Default LFG tool is quite lacking and doesn't offer any options to filter out "WTS", "boost" etc. groups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    Well no more groups in an MMO... Someone should tell them this is not a single player game. I don't think they got the memo!

It is interesting the addons were fine until they added invasions. So that means they fucked up but they won't work on the problem they will just disable it... F*cking Blizzard.
    Then you must play a different game than I do, because I can always group up for any quest I like, at least when other people are also looking for groups. If they don't then the game is not to blame.