Poll: Should blood elf race be playable as high elves on Alliance in exchange for nightborn

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Would you trade high elves for nightborne?

The blood elves are the most popular race in wow, at least amongst the end gamers and legion expec players according to most realm data sites. Their alliance counterprat the high elves have been coveted since the game was introduced in 2004.

With legion introducing the new fancy night elven highborne race - the nightborne that seemed to be liked by all elven lovers alike and coveted by the blood elves ('ve never seen them show interest in night elf related stuff till now ) but since they are interested, I wonder how horde players would feel about high elves being available on the alliance side if it would mean nightborne available on the horde side.

Similarly, alliance players, seeing a potential awesome part of the night elf group being introduced in the night elf empire minded nightborne - bringing high civilization and arcane magic aspect of the night elves back into the picture - the nightborne provided a purer night based elven group, deepening and diversifying the night elf group well beyond the tree hugger tag it gained during WoW. They would be quite the boost to the night side of the elves especially with the potential for a reuinted night elvendom and all the wonder that could entail - would you as an alliance player be willing to have this cooler version of night elves available on the horde if it meant you could get playable high elves.

This is what you get
    High Elves - the games most attractive race currently now made playable on the alliance
    Nightborne - a really cool new version of night elven highborne as seen in Suramar now available on the horde.

It goes without saying that blood elves will continue on the horde, and nightborne version of night elves also available on the alliance.

I'd be okay with this but it'd feel like a bit of...over-elf? Like, I like elves but I don't want a million of them. I'd rather choose between one or the other being in game, and I'd lean heavily towards Nightborne.

I'd also only be okay with high elves being on Alliance if they had new customization and animations, if not a new or heavily altered model entirely. If we're just talking the blood elf model with blue eyes then that's really kinda bullshit honestly, don't water down a race's identity by giving it to both factions in different colors.

In general though I'd much rather have Nightborne as a playable race than high elves simply because they're dramatically different visually from night elves and blood elves. Naturally I imagine this would also come with them changing a bit from being a reskinned night elf though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I would however like one to be a subrace for the other and then let us have subraces.

Pls.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Nothing compares to thalassian

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    The blood elves are the most popular race in wow, at least amongst the end gamers and legion expec players according to most realm data sites. Their alliance counterprat the high elves have been coveted since the game was introduced in 2004.

With legion introducing the new fancy night elven highborne race - the nightborne that seemed to be liked by all elven lovers alike and coveted by the blood elves ('ve never seen them show interest in night elf related stuff till now ) but since they are interested, I wonder how horde players would feel about high elves being available on the alliance side if it would mean nightborne available on the horde side.

Similarly, alliance players, seeing a potential awesome part of the night elf group being introduced in the night elf empire minded nightborne - bringing high civilization and arcane magic aspect of the night elves back into the picture - the nightborne provided a purer night based elven group, deepening and diversifying the night elf group well beyond the tree hugger tag it gained during WoW. They would be quite the boost to the night side of the elves especially with the potential for a reuinted night elvendom and all the wonder that could entail - would you as an alliance player be willing to have this cooler version of night elves available on the horde if it meant you could get playable high elves.

This is what you get
    High Elves - the games most attractive race currently now made playable on the alliance
    Nightborne - a really cool new version of night elven highborne as seen in Suramar now available on the horde.

It goes without saying that blood elves will continue on the horde, and nightborne version of night elves also available on the alliance.
    the most popular race in wow are humans, the blood elves are the second

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    how about no?

that is killer reason number one.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

The Horde had less players than the Alliance. Even if it meant that they'd need to bring in a race into the Horde that consisted of Ronaldos and Messis in order to attract players, Blizzard would've come up with a plot and introduced them into the Horde. They pretty much outright had to make the blood elves a Horde race in order to have some balance. Most of these players have blood elf characters because of the elves themselves, rather than the Horde.

The high elves should've had the treatment pandaren had in MoP; the players should've been able to decide which faction their high elf will join, which would pretty much also determine wether they're a blood elf or not. Most people would still pick Alliance with their high elves though; not so much right now as they would have back in the day, but it would still be a great number of players.

I don't even really like Nightborne, they look kinda ugly tbh. I wish blizzard would have given us a way to obtain their fancy spell armor for transmog, but I really don't want to play them. Running around as one in Suramar is already offensive enough for my taste .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I don't even really like Nightborne, they look kinda ugly tbh. I wish blizzard would have given us a way to obtain their fancy spell armor for transmog, but I really don't want to play them. Running around as one in Suramar is already offensive enough for my taste .
    I want this more than anything else, id race change my warrior to Night Elf almost instantly if that happened.

I REALLY want those damn spell Glaives they have, that shit is amazing as a cosmetic weapon effect.

As for the OT, Nightborne would work as a new race, but their models need an update for more customization and animations. I could easily see people play them. Personally id make character names that reference Dunmer (Dark Elves from TES).
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2017-04-20 at 08:20 AM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    The only good elf, is a dead elf...

Just remove them from the game already..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    I was getting confused by the poll...

Can't trade High Elves for Nightborne, two different caste of elves, one used as slaves and the other the masters. I would MAYBE trade Highborne elves, with the Nightborne... Just as arrogant and problematic.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The Horde had less players than the Alliance. Even if it meant that they'd need to bring in a race into the Horde that consisted of Ronaldos and Messis in order to attract players, Blizzard would've come up with a plot and introduced them into the Horde. They pretty much outright had to make the blood elves a Horde race in order to have some balance. Most of these players have blood elf characters because of the elves themselves, rather than the Horde.

The high elves should've had the treatment pandaren had in MoP; the players should've been able to decide which faction their high elf will join, which would pretty much also determine wether they're a blood elf or not. Most people would still pick Alliance with their high elves though; not so much right now as they would have back in the day, but it would still be a great number of players.
    Aren't blizzard a bit past needing to bring in Messi's and Ronaldo's to draw people to the horde?

It's interesting looking at Realm pop, and see the horde is holding a majority on the main stage - (i.e. 110s and 101-109s), Blood elves are higher pop - would it matter at all now if high elves went to alliance? I wouldn't think that whatever happened with the nightborne would affect or should affect that either.

Nightborne are the night elf highborne subrace you crazies have been asking for, full race or sub it would be entirely independent of high elves and not some sort of exchange. It's only players that feel things like "if you take my race, I'll take yours" - races don't have to be the same spread, - they don't have to be equally good (or bad) in the lore either. You don't have to have 1 small race on the alliance and 1 on the horde, you don't have to have the horde and the alliance have equal number of wins at all."

All a game needs is balanced game play in it's classes - a race can be crap, but heroes of incredible capability can arise from them, similarly a race can be amazing, and have most of its memebers of exceptional quality, as long as the heroes are equally capable. Be free to write a great story, and have whatever distribution you want.

In wow today, faction numbers are based on performance. Looks are just caveat. Elf numbers have surged because of demon hunters, - they are popular cos they're a nicer looking, but people won't abandon horde for alliance if high elves go there, they're on horde because horde performs better for pvp and pvE, all the top guilds are horde. Top ratings in rbgs - and the existence of blood elves at least makes one race that is nice to look at when you go horde.

high elf and nightborne won't affect that at all. You can have both nightborne and high elf on alliance - in fact I suspect most hordies would prefer that. As long as blood elves remain on the horde, and they'd hope for a nice looking cool -non alliance related race to join them.

This is what I have noticed.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I rather see sub races before they add any more races to the factions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also the OP created way too many options in an attempt to make taking a race from the Horde seem more favored then it is. Thats what I got from reading the poll.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Aren't blizzard a bit past needing to bring in Messi's and Ronaldo's to draw people to the horde?

It's interesting looking at Realm pop, and see the horde is holding a majority on the main stage - (i.e. 110s and 101-109s), Blood elves are higher pop - would it matter at all now if high elves went to alliance? I wouldn't think that whatever happened with the nightborne would affect or should affect that either.

Nightborne are the night elf highborne subrace you crazies have been asking for, full race or sub it would be entirely independent of high elves and not some sort of exchange. It's only players that feel things like "if you take my race, I'll take yours" - races don't have to be the same spread, - they don't have to be equally good (or bad) in the lore either. You don't have to have 1 small race on the alliance and 1 on the horde, you don't have to have the horde and the alliance have equal number of wins at all."

All a game needs is balanced game play in it's classes - a race can be crap, but heroes of incredible capability can arise from them, similarly a race can be amazing, and have most of its memebers of exceptional quality, as long as the heroes are equally capable. Be free to write a great story, and have whatever distribution you want.

In wow today, faction numbers are based on performance. Looks are just caveat. Elf numbers have surged because of demon hunters, - they are popular cos they're a nicer looking, but people won't abandon horde for alliance if high elves go there, they're on horde because horde performs better for pvp and pvE, all the top guilds are horde. Top ratings in rbgs - and the existence of blood elves at least makes one race that is nice to look at when you go horde.

high elf and nightborne won't affect that at all. You can have both nightborne and high elf on alliance - in fact I suspect most hordies would prefer that. As long as blood elves remain on the horde, and they'd hope for a nice looking cool -non alliance related race to join them.

This is what I have noticed.
    I just play thalassian in the horde, I do not want thalassian playable in the alliance.

If that's going to happen I want a faction change for the whole race

nightborne sub race for the night elves

blue and golden eyes for the blood elves

I'm convinced that's Blizzard's plan, like it or not.

Why cant we be Dragons and choose what aspect we wish to belong to ? And our Dragon form would be a flight forum for us.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Unless you get access to a Bronze Dragon who helps you "Retcon" (with joke about how you don't know what that word means) and says "Oh Nightelf, you were actually born in Suramar and just showed up in the Alliance this year" there's really no way to add them as a subrace that isn't just a cosmetic option in the Blizzard store.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

just give us ogres, alliance can take whichever pointy-eared abominations they want.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I'm convinced that's Blizzard's plan, like it or not.
    After seeing Blizzard saying no multiple times, I'm not actually worried they will ever be playable. I just enjoy the whole high elf arguments.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    High Elves as a NE subrace.

Nightbourne as a neutral subrace for Blood/High elves. DLC pack come 8.0, starts at lvl 108 in a phased Surumar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.