Poll: Should blood elf race be playable as high elves on Alliance in exchange for nightborn

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Fuck no, blood elves have the best racials on the horde right now, no chance would i want to lose that. The nightborne and their bullshit can go and be with their night elf cousins

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    but are they? In all fairness man, how can you be sure? They don't know what blizzard is thinking, do you? They pull and do all kinds of things far more surprising than allowing one of their game races to be playable on the other side. It may be a huge deal for you on the negative side, but it could be the exact same on the positive side for many others, and the vast majority it's very likely no big deal. It's not exactly life or death now is it.
    Can you say without a desperate wish for High elves, that the most popular Horde race. Is going to be on the Alliance? Do you honestly think that actually has a chance? People can quit moaning and play a blood elf, its despicable watching people try to take a Horde race still after 10 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Trade something that isn't playable for something that isn't playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    As a subrace to Night Elves, yes. As a whole new race, no.

And High Elves should be a subrace for BE's.
    That would be my view on the matter too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Can you say without a desperate wish for High elves, that the most popular Horde race. Is going to be on the Alliance? Do you honestly think that actually has a chance? People can quit moaning and play a blood elf, its despicable watching people try to take a Horde race still after 10 years.
    Personally? I'm in the "it's no big deal" group. I feel it would be nice to have high elves playable but i made my peace with blood elves being the heirs to the legacy, and fine with them where they are unchanged, so I'd be fine either way.

Can you say without a desperate wish for high elves to never be playable on the alliance that it isn't going to happen? desperate wishes are interesting things, .. it may not seem likely but in a fantasy world where people can make whatever htey want a reality, it's not exactly beyond the realm of reasonable possibility now is it.

Likely blizzard would do what makes most buisness sense and if a great story and development that excites players can result from it or lack thereof, they'd go with that until it changes. Everything is subject to change in this world... like everything. I would not put my hopes on high elves not been playable equally as i would not put my hopes on them being playable. I'd just go with the flow, which is why i hate ravenmoon dragging me into forum posts about things that aren't yet in the lore, I concluded it's a waste of energy and effort, they'll do whatever they want, and you'd likely just as much be disappointed as pleased, so step out and enjoy the ride, rather than try to control it.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Personally? I'm in the "it's no big deal" group. I feel it would be nice to have high elves playable but i made my peace with blood elves being the heirs to the legacy, and fine with them where they are unchanged, so I'd be fine either way.

Can you say without a desperate wish for high elves to never be playable on the alliance that it isn't going to happen? desperate wishes are interesting things, .. it may not seem likely but in a fantasy world where people can make whatever htey want a reality, it's not exactly beyond the realm of reasonable possibility now is it.

Likely blizzard would do what makes most buisness sense and if a great story and development that excites players can result from it or lack thereof, they'd go with that until it changes. Everything is subject to change in this world... like everything. I would not put my hopes on high elves not been playable equally as i would not put my hopes on them being playable. I'd just go with the flow, which is why i hate ravenmoon dragging me into forum posts about things that aren't yet in the lore, I concluded it's a waste of energy and effort, they'll do whatever they want, and you'd likely just as much be disappointed as pleased, so step out and enjoy the ride, rather than try to control it.
    The only way I can even begin to think of High elves as ok is through a drastic apperance change, such as Rommath and the magisters cutting off the SC and other High elves from the sunwell, like they began to do to Dar'khan. Unable to cope with it again they become Wretched. That way it at least changes the appearance. But people just stare at the blood elf model and cry that its not on the Alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Neveeeeeeeeeer going to happen dude, a retarded idea

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Well, I would trade flimsy Blood Elves to any other faction if it can bring us a male humanoid without a hunchback or pot-belly that preferably has a neck (Or just give us the option of a properly standing orc/troll/undead male model where anything aside from cloth armor doesn't look ridiculous on them)

Heck, I would trade Blood Elves to Alliance for Dwarves (Though the current lore direction is different, Dark Irons who can't bury the hatchet with the Wildhammer and Bronzebeards defecting to Horde) and Draenei/Eredar (Man'ari who are trying to redeem themselves but not accepted by the exiled ones finding refuge on Horde)

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    no way they would ever give a new race like the nightborn to the horde and give ally shitty high elfs. would never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    their numbers have been dramatically reduced: 90% of their race was slaughtered in the Third War; Following this, another 90% of the survivors changed their name to "blood elves" in remembrance of their fallen brethren and no longer consider themselves high elven. Around 25,000 true high elves remain

Survivors = 100%
    Blood elfs = 90/100% of survivors
    High elfs = 10%

10% = 25K
    90% = ?

25K*9=225K

ok so 225K blood elfs. Still doesnt change a point.

man its basic math
    Dude, I'm asking you where you got that number of blood elves and high elves from in general? Which Blizzard source? I'm not asking you to recalculate the number you've already written, but to verify the number.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    it's worth noting that therei s a reason blizzard keep numbers vague, - they can pull numbers from anywhere. Never take comfort in things like that or lore reasons, because they make up the lore and change it as and when they please for whatever reasons they please. Just because a race is this way, or didn't do that, or lost os many number sor is clsoe to this race means squat if they want them to end up as bananas, they'd write that and give you new lore reasons for why
    They don't care about numbers, otherwise the draenei wouldn't be a playable race either. I'm just trying to show these people bringing up random numbers that Blizzard isn't concerned with the population of a race when deciding that it should be a playable one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ONLY way I'd want to see any other playable elves in the game is if they decide to do a sub race type of thing.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2017-04-22 at 12:35 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    The ONLY way I'd want to see any other playable elves in the game is if they decide to do a sub race type of thing.
    I wouldn't mind it if Nightborne and something like Naga Elves became two full playable races instead though. Naga would have to become a bit more humano/elven looking (some Azshara genius spell that turns them back (mostly)... the naga elves join the blood elves, because they are a sect of naga that were unable to leave the palace unlike Darth'remar and got trapped when everyone was converted to naga regardless of their choice, they've been plotting and planning a lot to get out of this mess and foil Azshara's plan, they form a powerful group of the naga council, and they join the blood elves who are descendants of their liege lord Darth'remar Sunstrider.

night elves get the nightborne - nightborne are basically highborne - this is what Azsuna and Suramar show you quite clearly, you're seen two sides of the highborne, the ruined ancient past, and the pristine ancient glory of the night elf empire at its height. Thalyssra and co after earning the trust and admiration of Tyrande by choosing to fight the leigon themselves regarldess of how slim their chances looked lie and choosing to drain the nightwell (despite Elune firing it up again to a font now known as the Starwell), they continue to strive to build stonrger ties with their night elven kin who've they've been separated, Fascinated and determined to rebuild the glorious Kaldorei empire to stand for all the things it was standing for until Azshara went bad, they chose to inevitably side with their kin.

It works both as full races and sub-race. Naga elves could be a sub-race of blood elf especially if you stress the Darth'remar Zin'Azsahari palace highborne connection.