1. #1

    What is with all the broken group finder groups?

    Seems like every world boss that I manage to actually get to these days, whatever group I join is totally horked. I travel to the boss before joining a group, and when I do join the group, few if any of the group (raid) members are in my shard. Then they are obviously in combat or whatever and still I am just sitting around. It seems that new people joining the group wind up in my shard. Eventually one way or another enough people show up, and we kill the thing, but I'm getting tired of this.

    This is an entirely obnoxious new behavior that seemed to get started a couple of months ago or so.

    Anyone know why this is happening, and whether some kind of a fix has been discussed? It would be so much handier if when I joined a group, the group was there.

  2. #2
    Dreadlord Moggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    830
    Just a bug, maybe having to do with the size of the raid. It's been happening since the beginning of the xpac. Blizz has yet to fix it.

  3. #3
    Legendary! Aviemore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland.
    Posts
    6,769
    It's happened to me once or twice but, as @Moggie suggested, I'm pretty sure it's a bug related to individual raid size or something similar. I don't think it's intended behaviour.
    'This community deserves an apology'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    No, the obvious fact is that this tweet supports the other evidence that Blizzard has no intention of ever implementing this class [demon hunter].
    Aye, I have an ever-growing canon of misery and negativity. Like this, this, this, this, this and this.

  4. #4
    Yes, nearly every time I join the group for a world boss half the raid is in 1 phase and the other half in another. Worst thing was when last time I went on my DH to group for maleficus the people in my phase started leaving when the other half killed the boss, instead of waiting for the group to fill up a bit more so we can kill the boss in our phase. WTF is with the sheep mentality of leavers "ppl leave so I must leave too"? Ended up remaking the group and doing the boss with 8 ppl.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Just a bug, maybe having to do with the size of the raid. It's been happening since the beginning of the xpac. Blizz has yet to fix it.
    I never experienced it at all until recently.

    Blizzard has made several changes to cross-realm grouping. One of them requires that you be in the proximity of the group leader in order to be transferred to his realm. This basically eliminates realm-hopping by joining random groups that have nothing to do with what you're doing. That change was made some time ago (a year? more? before Legion I think).

    But that isn't what's happening in this case as far as I can tell. It seems like there is the "other group" that I should be joined with but it's on Realm A, and then I am on Realm B (not my own realm) with some other people.

  6. #6
    Most times I join for a world boss, the group has auto-accept enabled, so many realm hoppers join. They obviously aren't any close to the boss, so maybe that's the reason you might think they are in a difference shard?

  7. #7
    Dreadlord Moggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Most times I join for a world boss, the group has auto-accept enabled, so many realm hoppers join. They obviously aren't any close to the boss, so maybe that's the reason you might think they are in a difference shard?
    I doubt that tbh. Every single alt I have joins a group right at the bosses. Half the raid is engaged with a boss in a different shard, the half dozen others standing there twiddling their thumbs hoping its merely a delay. The boss dies in the other shard and everybody leaves. The only common theme is raid size most of the time and it always only happens to the alts, otherwise it's just buggy as hell.
    @Foj consider yourself lucky. I remember it bugging out the 2nd time J'im was up ever (when it spawned for two reset) and being super frustrated not being able to get into the correct shard instance.

  8. #8
    Yep, I've had this happen a few times. Not overly concerned, unless I'm looking before work at 4:30am, then... that's the only group in town.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  9. #9
    Never happened to me.
    Most of the time the groups fill with realm hoppers. Once you get 10-15 "real" people at the boss, you do the pull and that seems to work just fine.

  10. #10
    There is a very simple explanation to this: World Quests.

    The world quests on the Broken Shore have people phased in different shards. For example, on the Apocron fight, half my group had already completed the world quest located nearby (I think it was By Water Be Purged), and were engaging in the fight with Apocron while the rest of us waited, staring at an unpulled boss with full health.
    Well. There it is. I said it.

  11. #11
    This only happened to me when I joined groups that were filled to the top, like 40 people. If there's less it never happens.

    Thx to Winter Blossom for the awesome sig

  12. #12
    Create the group. Problem solved.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Velios View Post
    There is a very simple explanation to this: World Quests.

    The world quests on the Broken Shore have people phased in different shards. For example, on the Apocron fight, half my group had already completed the world quest located nearby (I think it was By Water Be Purged), and were engaging in the fight with Apocron while the rest of us waited, staring at an unpulled boss with full health.
    'Cept it's been happening in other places, not just Legion specific zones.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

    "May the Goddess smile upon you."

    "Hero" is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    'Cept it's been happening in other places, not just Legion specific zones.
    So tell me, how often do you join 30 other players to kill a world boss in Westfall? My post pertains to the issues the OP is discussing, i.e. having to wait until his shard fills up to be able to kill a boss or complete an elite quest (or in other words, Legion / Broken Isles). Nothing in the old world requires a raid.

    It seems to be an issue with shards and world quest phasing interfering. It's not been a problem before. Relogging helps, I've noticed.
    Well. There it is. I said it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •