Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    so what was the outcome of the M+ challenge? was @Klatar right to begin with? or did @Balvan prove that his statements are true? the world awaits!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    No gear or legendaries.

Blitz don't want us to chop n change specs I guess ;(
    My gear is very much suited for playing unholy i think, I have the bracers, belt and ring as well as about 71% mastery, 23% haste and 21-ish crit. As I said though, I really do lack the trait unlocks though.. 3 more in my frost weapon then I will dump some into unholy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    My gear is very much suited for playing unholy i think, I have the bracers, belt and ring as well as about 71% mastery, 23% haste and 21-ish crit. As I said though, I really do lack the trait unlocks though.. 3 more in my frost weapon then I will dump some into unholy
    As you have the bracers and I don't, I'm afraid I'll have to put you on ignore ;(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frychikn View Post
    what the hell happened to this class? i used to main it, now it just feels awkward/subpar. I am trying to make it an alt, but man the lack of mobility and the lower mid of pack dps isnt very appealing.

Lol @ Frost being lower middle of the pack.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're not doing mythic raiding you can do well with unholy. Or that's my experience. I mostly do heroic and normal raids and I'm usually doing above average, which I'm fine with and my guild is fine with. I'm definitely beating frost DKs who can't play well or are playing the mg build. I don't have bracers, currently running cloak and trinket and I'm only 894 ilvl without set bonusses. Granted I tend to parse in the 80% - 100% range depending on RNG and the fight.

For M+ there's nothing wrong with unholy. We do good to great aoe with very little effort and while our single target isn't the best, we do enough.

For Mythic raiding you'll need to play extremely well to get the same numbers that frost gets (and the frost dk will probably have to be less skilled), you can still raid mythic if you can find a guild that doesn't force you to be frost, but you won't be the best dps. (This is from other people I've played/talked with's anecdotal comments)

At the end of the day you have to play what you enjoy and find people that "allow" you to do that. I hate the current frost playstyle. So I'll stick to unholy. I've found a guild with which I can reliably clear heroic NH and they have no issue with me playing unholy. Granted I might just be a weirdo as I was playing SV hunter for a month or so after I quit tanking on my druid after we cleared NH HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Phreeze View Post
    since 7.2 i was losing over 100k dps on frost, as i misplaced the artifact points. I didn't use the "new" points, but filled the old ones. The char is dead...farming much AP now to get back. Also went for a BoS build, which i'm not that happy with, as it's extremely situational where you put a lot of dmg. In fights where you have to run around often like Star augur, elisandre and guldan, I'm not in top 6 anymore, before i was 2nd in dmg.
    There are other bosses like Skropyron where i was over 1mio at some time (ilvl 899), end of the fight around 720k. When BoS runs out, there's a huge downtime on runes and RP which makes you drop so heavily...arff...frustrating
    Our unholy, who has 3 more AP levels in his weapon, about same equip, is 1st/2nd in dmg, doing about 20 to 100k more than me :-/
    If you arent near the top of meters in your group on Eli and guldan, then you are just playing wrong. Those are 2 of the best fights for frost. Also wtf do you mean by BoS is situational where you put dmg? Also where are people getting this huge downtime from? very very rarely do i ever go a gcd without having something to do and have BoS doesnt change how many buttons you have or runes you have available to use.

Also just a heads up, no one will take you seriously if you use Skorp as a reference for dps measure.

Unholy getting some serious buffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortaleques View Post
    The tier bonus is crazy too...if they're buffing unholy this much they better buff frost to match it(assuming it's not, which honestly im not sure if it will...these are pretty substantial buffs)...I don't want to go into ToS with zero unholy legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortaleques View Post
    Are they though?

Looks like they just moved some damage out of the aura thingie (about 3%).

its just the aura buff being changed over to abilities

they still need to increase

Auto attack dmg
    ghoul dmg
    Dark arbiter / Gargoyle damage

as well by 3% so that it actually works out to being the same as the 3% aura for Unholy.

also the change for Shadow Infusion was to offset the higher cost in Death coils RP cost. will be interesting though if Unholy gets buffs to make it a top tier spec WHILE still having the worst set of spec specific legenaries.
    Last edited by Baddok21; 2017-05-03 at 03:44 AM.

Every single ability affected by the aura got bumped by about 6% so it ends up being a net 2-3% more damage to those abilities.

Summon Gargoyle and Dark Arbiter need massive damage increases, even with the Convergence of Fates trinket, still doesn't make Dark Arbiter worthwhile in a pure single target situation. Add into the fact that I notice my Dark Arbiter total casts can be between 6-8 without any haste effects because of the initial summoning shenanigans.

People with Sephuz used to see decent Dark Arbiter damage with the CoF trinket and the 25% on demand haste with Abombination Smash, but I believe it was hotfixed to no longer proc.

Anyone else think the set bonus seems kinda lazy? The set bonuses for both Frost and Unholy are virtually the same exact thing, AotD gives a damage buff, and you can reduce its cd, while Frost gets a damage buff when they use ERW, and they can reduce its cd. If the ghouls summoned by Apoc also proced the set bonus it would be better, but the fact that it explicitly states ghouls summoned by AotD makes it kinda meh to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerokin View Post
    Anyone else think the set bonus seems kinda lazy? The set bonuses for both Frost and Unholy are virtually the same exact thing, AotD gives a damage buff, and you can reduce its cd, while Frost gets a damage buff when they use ERW, and they can reduce its cd. If the ghouls summoned by Apoc also proced the set bonus it would be better, but the fact that it explicitly states ghouls summoned by AotD makes it kinda meh to me.
    they changed the bonus set for 2p..now it gives a %damage increased...not datamined yet

Quote Originally Posted by Balvan View Post
    I don't think that frost even has quicker aoe, apart from fury which is on 5min cd. UH with Epidemic will have faster aoe then frost.

Thing is to achieve very good numbers (higher then UH) on trash pulls frost needs to use few major cds, breath, pillar and fury, whereas UH can just use regular epidemic/dnd/cs spam and achieve equal or higher numbers on every single trash pack.

With regular rw/oblit/rimed hb spam on trash (even with pillar) frost can't come any close to uh.
    Its funny that you assume Fury has 5min CD with the new Trait (its around 3:40) and ppl getting more legys and with it the Pants. I switch in Pants/wrists to use Fury, it then has a 2,5min CD (minus the new Trait proc makes aroung 2-2:20). If you have all legendaries you need than no UH will beat me in m+ providing I know what will be pulled together and that i can swap gear in between.

your 5min Fury statement justs tells me that you dont play/know enough about 7.2. Frosts as you probably just play UH. To be fair, our UH does good in m+ and is some pulls ahead or same level with me, but overall im still beating him by a long shot (he has bracers, BWKJ).

Also Frost m+ damage will be highly boosted with 3 BR Relics in your Weapon, if you dont have it, UH might pull ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerokin View Post
    It works with Apocalypse, I'm certain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    The tier bonus is crazy too...if they're buffing unholy this much they better buff frost to match it(assuming it's not, which honestly im not sure if it will...these are pretty substantial buffs)...I don't want to go into ToS with zero unholy legendaries.
    Was a small buff (3%) and i highly doubt you can rely on a PTR set bonus. They nerfed some T19 set bonuses by 70% on the last days of PTR.

Deleted
    Unholy is doing pretty fine when you have wrists (+60k dps upgrade) if you dont, you can still do great but wont top meters sucks we're wrists dependant...haven't been able to mythic raid but for heroic unholy seems okay with the new elite trait and for mythic+ you can use defile for some dungeons (if you do, frost shouldnt be able to have more aoe dps than you) after all frost build nowadays its just tunnel boss and maintain BoS the longest you're able to...

Also, 7.2.5 and the new tier bonus feels like Unholy will be really good for once, I mean for all the shit we have to do (to be doing same dps and some faceroll specs) on 7.2.5 we will finally reach the top sometimes (dps meters), I've always felt like our rotation was kind of chaotic but tested the new death coil and love it (also huge dps increase, like +50-60k dps the new changes)

Quote Originally Posted by KROUNTED View Post
    Unholy is doing pretty fine when you have wrists (+60k dps upgrade) if you dont, you can still do great but wont top meters sucks we're wrists dependant...haven't been able to mythic raid but for heroic unholy seems okay with the new elite trait and for mythic+ you can use defile for some dungeons (if you do, frost shouldnt be able to have more aoe dps than you) after all frost build nowadays its just tunnel boss and maintain BoS the longest you're able to...

Also, 7.2.5 and the new tier bonus feels like Unholy will be really good for once, I mean for all the shit we have to do (to be doing same dps and some faceroll specs) on 7.2.5 we will finally reach the top sometimes (dps meters), I've always felt like our rotation was kind of chaotic but tested the new death coil and love it (also huge dps increase, like +50-60k dps the new changes)
    im pretty sure if I use all CDs as Frost on whatever aoe targets I will do more than UHs in 7.2. :P

Still fishing for those UH bracers, got the ring, which was okay.

Hopefully they keep tweaking UH to be much closer to Frost, I enjoy Frost, but I like switching it up every now and then.
    Last edited by Casterbridge; 2017-05-03 at 02:52 PM.