Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post

Me: GOD DAMN IT SARGERAS!

Sargeras: lel....
    PATHFINDER III:

You are unable to fly until you have explored all of Sargeras' "cracks".

Uhh....no thank you.

Flying is not a big deal. People that cry without it need to relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    It'll probably be a timeless isle kind of zone, without flying. Personally I don't expect it to be a huge zone anyway.

That's kind of what I'm thinking.

Put me down for an Argus Pathfinder achievement taking about a month of effort to complete.

But c'mon now, we all know they aren't gonna do that. There won't be flying in Argus at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    yes, and it should be used as game play. Mob's that fly that can knock you off, mobs on the ground that can either knock you off or use a hook to pull you down. Its time flying was used better than a short cut and more of a standard feature from day 1.
    I like this idea for flying in the future as well. I love flying but lets be honest, flying makes gameplay cheap

No flying at all - at least until it is no longer current content.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the landmass isn't as atrociously designed like the broken shore, flying shouldn't be necessary. However I would prefer flight.

davidbane123
    Yeah probably lol. He just said some really similar things.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    No flying at all - at least until it is no longer current content.
    Do you guys even think about what you're writing before you regurgitate Blizzard's statements? Can you even put it into your own words as to why flying should only be available in non-current content?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Do you guys even think about what you're writing
    Always... however I ACTUALLY think about it... flying destroys the game, it is fine for old content.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

No. Probably gonna be crawling with some crazy flying demons. Gonna stick to RP reasons for this one.

Always... however I ACTUALLY think about it... flying destroys the game, it is fine for old content.
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. Flying obviously doesn't destroy the game since it's clearly in the game right now with people expressing how much more fun they're having. And it obviously didn't destroy previous expansions either.

Can you even tell me how this "destruction" is supposed to have happened?
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-04-23 at 02:04 AM.

Proclaiming things doesn't make them true. Stating what is most clearly an opinion, without any qualifiers, is essentially a meaningless statement.

You may as well state "flying makes ice cream taste better". You don't say how, or why or most importantly that it is in fact your opinion and one that is not in any way upheld by observation of empirical reality as the game has existed just fine with flying for a long long time.

Flying doesn't destroy anything because the core of the game is not, in fact, killing trash mobs while moving from place to place.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Proclaiming things doesn't make them true.
    Indeed, them being true as in this case makes them true.

I know a lot of people are blinded by the sweet unhealthy taste of flying - but any rational person who sits back and looks at what it does the game will come up with the same conclusion - it spoils the game.

That is as undeniable as climate change .... but of course, in both cases many people will deny it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Flying obviously doesn't destroy the game
    It already has... one just has to observe the way the game is played in the last week or two ... but I know, flying is so sweet and tasty, you are blinded by the instant gratification it gives you, that's natural.

Deleted
    I personally think it is incredibly dumb to "earn" flying to have it taken away again (effectively).

I can deal with this on a per-expansion basis:
    [Vanilla] No flying
    [TBC] No flying during levelling
    [TBC] Purchase flying at max level
    [WotLK] No flying during levelling
    [WotLK] Purchase flying at max level
    [Cataclysm] Purchase flying at level 60
    [MoP] No flying during levelling
    [MoP] Purchase flying at max level
    [MoP] Flying taken away on Thunder Isle
    [MoP] Flying taken away on Timeless Isle

[WoD] No flying during levelling or max level
    [WoD] Re-earn your ability to fly by doing a bunch of achievements. (Some people will find this tedious)
    [Legion] No flying during levelling or max level
    [Legion] Re-earn your ability to fly by doing a bunch of achievements. (Some people will find this tedious)
    [Legion] Re-re-earn your ability to fly in Legion on Argus? - NO.

Flying for you.

I think it should. You can explore fine while being in the air. Even better honestly. I think they only reason they keep doing the pathfinder is to make things more relevant then they are. I mean, how many people Actually got lore master for an expansion while it was current? I can guarantee that it wasn't nearly as many as now since flying is locked behind it.

In short, I don't see any reason why they lock it to begin with other then to artificially lengthen a patch or starting contents life cycle. It makes people bother with quests who would have otherwise Completely ignored them and makes people bother with new factions that don't really reward anything worth the time if flying is taken away.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    I personally think it is incredibly dumb to "earn" flying to have it taken away again (effectively).
    Nothing has been taken away from you - once you could fly somewhere, you could fly there.

Be rational.

i'm fine with no flying on Argus but i also think we shouldn't have access to the entire planet when the patch drops i'd rather have access to a Moderate amount/not huge and stopping demons in that part(getting a foothold) and then next expansion focus on the rest of the planet. Maybe that's just me though.

It already has... one just has to observe the way the game is played in the last week or two ... but I know, flying is so sweet and tasty, you are blinded by the instant gratification it gives you, that's natural.
    Yes....flying utterly WRECKED that content we've all been over hundreds of times. Truly, the content would be as fresh as the day legion launched if only flying wasn't there. /s