Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by niil945 View Post
    Your position was fallacious based on moral authority. Morality is not an objective position. You claiming it is a valid position to take doesn't make it objective. It just makes it obvious that you don't understand what objective and subjective actually mean. And my point about morality and law is that using law is just another appeal to authority. You can't defend a law by pointing at the law. You subsequently can't defend morality by pointing at said law. You can't defend a law by claiming it's moral either. It's circular logic. My opinion is the only right opinion! That's basically the gist of your position.
    Why this childish obsession with objectiveness? Morality is the base for law, clearly it's part of the discussion and they should be held up against each other, so one can see if the law matches up with the morals we as a society agree upon.

All you do is argue about fallacies, it's completely substanceless and frankly, uninteresting as fuck. If you aren't going to actively try to understand people you talk to, I see no further reason to engage you.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Never had issues with G2A myself. If they're just usually 25 to 50% cheaper then it really isn't my problem to go and 'fix the economy' or have a bleeding heart about some businesses getting fucked and being money-squeezed, as if they'd ever hesitate if they had the chance...

Secondly, a lot of the arguments against G2A come from Totalbisquit who is not a professional reporter and whose online behavior and attitude are really obnoxious. Did you see his anti-Trump rant? His anti-4chan rants? He needs to grow up instead of being an opinionated asshole with personal agendas against whatever happens to rub him the wrong way at that time of day.
    Here is an article with a bunch of indie-devs on the subject with repeated statements that they would rather you pirate games then buy them off sites like G2A because they actively cost them money.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/featur...-buy-it-on-g2a
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Here is an article with a bunch of indie-devs on the subject with repeated statements that they would rather you pirate games then buy them off sites like G2A because they actively cost them money.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/featur...-buy-it-on-g2a
    Funny, you rant and rave at me about me dismissing your fallacious position and then you give me a statement from developers that provides an objective rationale for being opposed to G2A. Just so we're clear, in this entire thread I haven't presented an opinion on G2A at all. I just oppose garbage arguments, particularly ones which can basically be summed up by "my opinion is the right one, yours is the wrong one! Because I say so!" It's nothing personal. Hell, the reason I'm in this thread is because I was interested in the topic and hadn't even heard of G2A before. It's not because I'm here to defend G2A. Looking at the site there's about zero chance in hell I'd provide them any of my financial information to process a transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Never had issues with G2A myself. If they're just usually 25 to 50% cheaper then it really isn't my problem to go and 'fix the economy' or have a bleeding heart about some businesses getting fucked and being money-squeezed, as if they'd ever hesitate if they had the chance...

Secondly, a lot of the arguments against G2A come from Totalbisquit who is not a professional reporter and whose online behavior and attitude are really obnoxious. Did you see his anti-Trump rant? His anti-4chan rants? He needs to grow up instead of being an opinionated asshole with personal agendas against whatever happens to rub him the wrong way at that time of day.
    Anti G2A mentality has been commonplace long before TB picked it up, just because someone popular picks up a known issue and gives more awareness to it does not make the arguments his. Secondly, you can apply your first argument to literally ANYTHING you buy, if you look for it. There are grey market vendors for everything where you're pretty sure you're not buying things legally, but can do so for cheap. If you are the type to do that then.. more power to you I guess? You're clearly not going to add anything by saying "I am pro ripping off any and all forms of legitimate business and will continue to do so with video games".
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."