Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I will laugh so hard if the Republicans are so amazingly incompetent that they manage to shut down the government when they have full control over it.
    For Americans, this is not funny. We who live here have to live with the aftermath. The worst part is, Trump could very well shut the government down with no real idea of what the consequences are, or any real idea of what he wants to accomplish other than just "make a statement" and "win". This could lead to some quite bazaar negotiating that ends up leaving the American economy a complete mess and our reputation completely demolished. This is not a laughing matter to me, and I do believe that the odds of very bad things happening to America because of this are not zero.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Let him shut the government down, then. He's going to be dancing between one broken promise (Mexico funding the wall) and taking health care away from millions.
    Maybe he just wants to be even more unpopular than he historically is.
    You really want that? We all saw what happens when Trump becomes more unpopular, he bombs some random middle east country. And people love him for it. So in the name of the world, I beg you, love him, so he doesn't nuke the world. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its just fucken amazing how much of a shit show this has turned into.
    No, I'd say it's not amazing or surprising at all.

Which is the worst part.

Like, if I came to you a year ago and told you this is what a trump presidency would look like, would you have not believed me?

And yet here we are.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I was being sarcastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Only illegals use welfare it's a fact and I was being sarcastic.

y u gotta make me question humanity bro?
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

You really want that? We all saw what happens when Trump becomes more unpopular, he bombs some random middle east country. And people love him for it. So in the name of the world, I beg you, love him, so he doesn't nuke the world. :P
    If you look at his past, his Syria bombing was followed up with... nothing. His MOAB attack was followed up with... nothing. He apparently spent zero time thinking about what was actually being done. This is likely to be the way he deals with the upcoming possible showdown. And there is definitely the possibility of him doing something dramatic to deflect attention away from any perceived weaknesses or failures that he may encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    The majority of Trump supporters and republicans or the majority of Americans?
    Americans. I don't think I've seen any polling or data that show that breakdown solely against Trump voters. I have to imagine Trump voters would see waning support given their tendency to also be the "don't spend money on anything government bad" types.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Dude this shit keeps repeating itself everytime the S word gets used.

I'm not wrong, I quoted his exact statement somewhere in this thread.

They're not going to get a clean CR, no different when they're the majority and they load it up with BS. Expecting otherwise is stupid.
    Wrong.

The only people stopping a clean CR is GOP. It's their shutdown, 100% the GOP's fault.

For it to be the Dems fault, the Dems would have to do what GOP did to shutdown the government under Obama: refuse to fund the government unless GOP agrees to Dem spending. That's not what Dems are doing. Dems aren't saying increase PP funding and ACA subsidies or else we will shutdown the government.

The sides are not equal. So stop being a biased GOP hack.

And stop dodging the fact that spending can't be filibustered, meaning that there's no reason to not do a clean CR, which Dems will agree to, and putting wall funding in a separate bill without the GOP threat to shutdown their own government.

10+ Year Old Account
    So would this be a bad time to mention Art of the Deal was ghost-written and Trump probably never came up with any of those pointers himself? Because, man, he is real bad at following his own playbook.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Wrong.

The only people stopping a clean CR is GOP. It's their shutdown, 100% the GOP's fault.

For it to be the Dems fault, the Dems would have to do what GOP did to shutdown the government under Obama: refuse to fund the government unless GOP agrees to Dem spending. That's not what Dems are doing. Dems aren't saying increase PP funding and ACA subsidies or else we will shutdown the government.

The sides are not equal. So stop being a biased GOP hack.

And stop dodging the fact that spending can't be filibustered, meaning that there's no reason to not do a clean CR, which Dems will agree to, and putting wall funding in a separate bill without the GOP threat to shutdown their own government.
    I'm not wrong.

There's never a reason to do a clean CR, period. It's a political leverage tool that both sides use to squeak as much out of the other as they can, neither party has ANY reason to put forth a clean CR when they can dirty it up with bullshit and get away with it and they do. Spending being unable to be filibustered is totally irrelevant to that fact, you'd think if you knew anything about the US political system that you'd know these two teams aren't giving an inch on anything unless they get two somewhere else.

Biased GOP hack, that's fucking hysterical. I haven't supported the GOP in over 6 years man, me shitting on the Democrats because I hate them even more than the GOP doesn't make me a biased GOP hack. The sides are exactly equal, the makeup of each side and its' motives might be different but the reason there is gridlock leading to shutdown talk is because the sides are equal and unbending.

They don't have to say the exact same thing as the GOP did under Obama, wow talk about a moonshot that missed. The end results are what matter here first and foremost, secondly Schumer was outright in saying the following:

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer warned Republicans on Tuesday that they'd risk a government shutdown if they try to attach money for President Donald Trump's U.S.-Mexico border wall to a must-pass bill to keep the government open. The same applies to any attempt to defund Planned Parenthood, Schumer said.

The New Yorker's message came the day after he and fellow Senate Democratic leaders wrote to Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) with a similar message. Schumer's warning grew starker on Tuesday, as he began to try to blame Republicans if a shutdown occurs.

"If they put these poison pill amendments in and try to shove them down the American people’s throat," Schumer told reporters, "of course they might be responsible for shutting the government down."
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...er-wall-236036

In laymens terms that's called passing the buck, threatening a shutdown without actually doing so directly and then even Politico had to outright admit that Schumer is trying to frame it as a Republican only thing and all their fault if it happens. Again as I said implying that a Presidential administration and Congress putting forth its' policy agenda is somehow tantamount to poison pill amendments only exists in a world where Chuck Schumer's fucked up ideology reigns supreme.

Then again taking 15 seconds to look at your twitter tells me you're a hardcase for this kind of Democrat swill, so I don't expect you to think otherwise.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.