Has anyone figured out how wow raid bosses work.

Okay question awnsered.
    Last edited by Taygames; 2017-04-22 at 02:40 AM.

Im pretty sure that bosses will be using auto attacks and stand still if they are out of their encounter area unless they use mechanics like Guldan (eyes being spawned around him, huge aoe spell tied to him etc). But once he reach 90% he will just stand still because he will be unable to find the shield circle area.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Im pretty sure that bosses will be using auto attacks and stand still if they are out of their encounter area unless they use mechanics like Guldan (eyes being spawned around him, huge aoe spell tied to him etc). But once he reach 90% he will just stand still because he will be unable to find the shield circle area.
    I see I see

Deleted
    What?

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    What?

/10char
    Umm read the description/title.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    What?

/10char
    Timecube. Obviously.

This article provides some insight into how WoW's mechanics work: Invisible Bunnies.

I imagine they put in a lot of overtime. I mean, come on, the game is up 24/7, with only small breaks every few weeks for maintenance, and given server sizes, every single one of them is probably always being fought by at least somebody. Meaning they work ALL DAY LONG. Do they get lunch breaks? Imagine their break room? What kind of furniture would you need to accomodate all those different body types? Imagine if Ragnaros sat in the non-fireproofed chair? Somebody would probably be pissed. And what about lockers? Does Rag get two? What about Onyxia? She must have 3 or 4 by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    This article provides some insight into how WoW's mechanics work: Invisible Bunnies.
    Wow they are invisible bunnies?

Quote Originally Posted by Taygames View Post
    Wow they are invisible bunnies?
    Bunnies, or any other thing they can see/modify in some way. Just stuff we do not see.

In the past things have bugged out allowing you to see something that you were not supposed to. I think I saw some that were just infernals with generic names related to the boss/event.

They used to use a bunny model that was hidden to players. In later expansions it was changed to a green infernal (in most cases).

Basically, anytime a boss casts an aoe that isn't in his melee range, it spawns a bunny which triggers the bunny to cast a spell on itself. Bosses like Shade of Aran and Thorim that cast a blizzard that travels around the room are actually casting it on a bunny that has patrol around the room.

I imagine in some cases, a boss would work perfectly fine outside of their respective zones. Other bosses like Shade of Aran may have been programmed with specific coordinates for spells in mind (when he teleports to the center of the room, or the patrol path the blizzard target takes) which would probably break the fight to some extent.
    Last edited by volescue; 2017-04-22 at 02:41 AM.

What in god's name are you talking about?

I'm not trying to be insulting or anything, but I genuinely get the impression Taygames is 8-10 years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    What in god's name are you talking about?

I'm not trying to be insulting or anything, but I genuinely get the impression Taygames is 8-10 years old.
    Well I'm kind of the talkalot person I get really social and annoying.

Why did you edit out the OP? Now I have no idea what question you asked :c

Okay question awnsered.
    ok tay, dude quick tip, dont fucking delete what you said
    put in an edit like this

Hows does X work?
    Does it do Y? Or Z? Or Q? Or W?

----
    edit
    ok answered

and if you wish even report your own post with "hey mods could you delete my thread? i got my answer"

deleting the fucking thread to then just replace it with "ok done"

makes the whole thread pointless and spam because now its legit just this

it is dead, nothing to gain from this ever...

seriously its legit just spam now

- - - Updated - - -

Well I'm kind of the talkalot person I get really social and annoying.
    so messege people, ask in trade chat or discord, dont make tons of threads that end up just being dead weight because you edit them to be random letters (yes people he did do that with a recent one)

From what i have witness on private servers in recent year blizzard uses players to establish coordinates and aggro list to determine the tank, in those isn't rare that a gm spawn a boss inside a capital and they work normally, the only limit is their abilities range usually capped at 100yard that is never reached inside their room.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.