Question about frost legendaries

Hello, everyone.

I am playing frost DK and just got the legendary ring. This means I now have ring, belt and wrists. It is in my understanding that the ring is the overall bis legendary and should always be used, my question is whether to use the belt or wrist together with it?

People are saying I should use both, but in which situations should I use what? Wrist for shorter fights and belt for longer fights?

its both. Belt for singletarget and bracers for cleave.
    Belt can be good for cleave as well of it help u keep BoS for the whole fight etc.
    But in general, Bracers for AoE and Belt for ST!

Ok, cool!

So bracers for sure in m+ then? Since theres a lot of aoe and considering burst is whats good there

Deleted
    is the ring really that superior to bracers/belt? i mean it is just 1 more runeweapon and some cd reduce after all

Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by asrael42 View Post
    is the ring really that superior to bracers/belt? i mean it is just 1 more runeweapon and some cd reduce after all

Greetings
    Yes. If you're using the BoS build, which you should be if you're frost at this point, the ring is incredibly valuable. Even more so when T20 comes out which make ERW boost your damage as well.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reading this makes me so sad because those damn lego's just dont want to drop for me :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Deonora View Post
    Reading this makes me so sad because those damn lego's just dont want to drop for me :'(
    Yea, I just got the legendary pants this week...the only good news is Ive gotten a legendary every week 7.2 has been out. Hoping the trend continues next week. My first three legendaries were Drapes, Sephuz, and Prydaz...since then it's been Helm then Pants. I am praying I dont get KJBW or the boots next.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Yea, I just got the legendary pants this week...the only good news is Ive gotten a legendary every week 7.2 has been out. Hoping the trend continues next week. My first three legendaries were Drapes, Sephuz, and Prydaz...since then it's been Helm then Pants. I am praying I dont get KJBW or the boots next.
    Curious, what content are u clearing each week and u get them so often?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    It's RNG. Nothing more nothing less.

Remember when the helm was BiS? Yeaaa the good old days.
    It's so pathetic this is what they resort to to keep people grinding...

Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    It comes down to RNG, but Ive changed nothing except buy relinquished items with my nethershards from before. I was due for a legendary when 7.2 came out. The other two weeks I bought at least 3-4 relinqiuished tokens. I always clear mythic+0 dungeons, do normal/heroic/mythic EN when I can, normal/heroic NH clears and then normal mythic nh clearing. Then a few M+ dungeons. I am cutting back my playtime substantially now though, so if i still get one every week I'd be completely surprised.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Remember when the helm was BiS? Yeaaa the good old days.
    It's so pathetic this is what they resort to to keep people grinding...
    The helm was completely overpowered. Now the state of the nerfs was a little too much.It shouldve gone down to 30% and if it was still too good then 25%. The problem really is now the ring is completely broken and overpowered. The rest of the legendaries are all within reason of one another. Main reason helm was so good was due to it working with our tier 19 bonus so well. I would really love the ring and belt/bracers before TOS. This way I can keep 2pc T19 and get 4pc T20.

Going back to the helm, once we lose T19 2pc the helm is basically useless.

Quote Originally Posted by asrael42 View Post

Greetings
    It's 1 more charge of one of the best 180 sec DPS cooldowns in the entire game with a 10% recharge bonus.

As a comparison, one of the Shadow Priest legendaries gives me 1 more charge of Mind Blast...which is a 9 second cooldown. No other effects. And this is SP's 3rd best legendary.

HRW is really what drives the burst damage for DK, BoS is just the vehicle to RP dump quickly.

On actual mythic logs, SoN is the #1 parsing legendary with the belt afterwards. Wrists are third.

Deleted
    It also depends on the encounter, some bosses you'll want higher burst phases with wrists (Aluriel, Tich) and others you'll want more damage in the long run and belt will be stronger (Krosus for example).

Belt will usually show up in highest logs because it involves a lot more RNG than wrists.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Man each time I had in for chests or doing mythics or raids I pray to see the ring. I 1st got the cloak. (my loot spec is always frost even when I go blood) then I got legs, then boots then helm. Legs are pretty good with new artifact traits but man oh man do I want that ring. And damn elisande trinket also just wont drop for me. I even got 100K nethershards from those chests in Broken shore did all rings and didnt get it still

7+ Year Old Account
    Though Belt is good, id argue that Wrists are better since there are very few fights where you dont need to move for anything, and can stay on the boss for a minute or more. A nice burst phase is better imho

Did some runs with my guildemate yesterday and we went with diff. setups in leggys.
    Belt + Helm outdpsed Belt + Bracers by a fair margain on bosses that only survived for one full BoS.
    On raidbosses with tonnes of cleave Helm + Ring is king, for singletarget Ring + Belt is what I have found to be most effective.
    I complement this with CoF depending on the boss. Does CoF give me one extra HRW during BoS and the total amount of BoS are 2. Then I go CoF. Else I go other trinket and only ring except if CoF can give me 2 BoS with dubble HRW due to fight beeing really long (Gul'dan).

But mostly I go RING + Something else based on the fight. For example on Spell Blade Mytihc I do belt since it can extend my first BoS for such a long time that I can hit the first set of adds with it while still popping it together with Bloodlust/pot (and due to this I also use CoF to be able to breath longer during each add-phase.

So to sum it all up... its all up to the each and every fight. You more or less have to plan out each breath during the whole fight and find which leggy fits best (even fits you best). Its kinda fun meta-puzzle to the bosses FDKs have to do before bosses.
    I use warcraftlogs alot to se what other ppl use and when they pop BoS etc.
    In Mythic+ like this week with fortified I do Helm + Belt on bosses due to Howling Blast hitting like a truck.

Hi!
    I already have SoN and the Belt, Sephuz, the Boots, and today I got the Legs reducing Syndragosa's fury by 50%. Is this legendary good in any situation (Raid : aoe fight, Long fight / Mythic +) ?

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    Hi!
    I already have SoN and the Belt, Sephuz, the Boots, and today I got the Legs reducing Syndragosa's fury by 50%. Is this legendary good in any situation (Raid : aoe fight, Long fight / Mythic +) ?
    Works well in Mythic+. make an item-set with them. Use em on a big pull and then swap to better leggys after that pull. Then swap to them again as soon as the dragon is back online again and use it again.
    Ergo. You still have short CD on the dragon even if they arent equipped. So just swap abuse them!

little off topic, but do the boots and crafted legendary speed stack together?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exeetor View Post
    Works well in Mythic+. make an item-set with them. Use em on a big pull and then swap to better leggys after that pull. Then swap to them again as soon as the dragon is back online again and use it again.
    Ergo. You still have short CD on the dragon even if they arent equipped. So just swap abuse them!
    Pretty much this! What legendaries to equip totally depends on what you are facing. For raiding you really want the ring, since it's not only good in sims number wise but also in progress when you need high damage vs priority targets or to push a certain timer. Nothing else can really compete from that aspect. Both bracers and waist are similar in ST. Other posts have already covered this.

For M+ sephuz will always be a powerhouse for pretty much all classes. If you really want to min-max your output you need Item-sets for fast switching between pulls (legendaries and trinkets). Atleast for the meme pants, which are pretty much useless without that.

Survival legendaries can be useful in progress or niche fights (artifact challenge comes to mind)