Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Death toll: 1.

So... a murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanzal View Post

I seriously think that the thing that is causing terrorism is segregation, poverty and lack of education. So, the best solution to stop terrorism is to make the world more equal and develop the countries that are struggling with war, children not going to school because of it etc.
    Solving those issues - easier said than done by the way - would surely go a long way to stopping terrorism. However, the attacks we have had in Europe over the last years were all perpetuated by second generation immigrants born, raised and radicalized here (in France, Belgium, etc.). They had an education, did witness no war and had all the opportunities to become decent citizens, like most other second generation immigrants did, instead they chose to become terrorists. IMHO, they are just mentally unstable people and Islam is probably just an excuse for them because if it was not religion it would be something else to tick them off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

So... a murder.
    2. And two additional wounded.

Yeah it was a murder (obviously)... murder and terrorist attack aren't exclusive.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Well, living in Europe kind of comes with a certain fear of Islam, but it's quite justified to be honest. At least for those of us who have been exposed and affected by it. I assume he is from the US or elsewhere not in Europe, he'd have a different take on this otherwise, easy to call names and forbid discussion on topics that are a few thousand miles away from oneself...
    He's from Canada, and so has no firsthand experience with any of the racial, social, or ideological issues he seems particularly sensitive about. That may explain the doubling-down on vehemency, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.

So... a murder.
    A terrorist attack involving the murder of one police officer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    He's from Canada, and so has no firsthand experience with any of the racial, social, or ideological issues he seems particularly sensitive about. That may explain the doubling-down on vehemency, tbh.
    Ah I see, that makes a lot of sense then. Having to deal with a situation on a daily, real-life basis does open up ones eyes to reality. It's a shame some people cannot comprehend that.

- - - Updated - - -

So... a murder.
    Even if that's what you want to boil it down to, a murder perpetrated by a motivation by an ideology is still more dangerous than Bruce Wayne being murdered for some dollars.

Ideology moves and motivates, extremists are fed by this. The loss of life is equally sad in both cases, the social repercussions are not.

But yeah, the Niece attack was just mass murder, not terrorism.
    Last edited by Zoibert the Bear; 2017-04-21 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Picture this. You have daughter/sister in her early teens. There's a prominently Islamist neighborhood that she must go through to meet with her friends. Any extremist PC person will tell you she can safely get through, as the people there are all good and educated, and you know what? That may very well be true. The problem is that I'm by no means going to take that chance, slight as it might be, because bad shit has happened there to little girls before; fucked up shit.

Terrorism is an extreme level of this concern, and is something that we need to at least be a certain awareness of, denying reality only causes misinformation, and that goes both sides: Islamophobia is the opposite of extremely PC views. There's always a gray area in between, and that's where I feel most comfortable in, open minded, but aware.

I firmly believe that western involvement in the Middle East is the very root of the situation we face today. Europe, and then North America have been draining the Middle East, and basically the entire African continent of resources for centuries. Killing, enslaving and doing whatever the fuck they pleased with the natives.

We've created puppet regimes that backfire and then use it as a lame excuse to re-intervene and further the hatred the extremists harbor for western civilization. I'm absolutely aware that this is "our" fault, don't get me wrong. I'm also aware that the people I ultimately care about are my family and friends, and those are the ones that have the chance, even if slight to fall victim to Islamist extremism, and have to live with it every day.

I don't know what the solution is, if there's even one, but the only thing I think we deserve is safety.
    I couldn't agree more. People can argue semantics all day, the fact remains - regardless of how slim the chance is, its still there.

If the pursuit for safety leads to discrimination (As in your example), can we be blamed for discriminating? I personally would gladly be subject to whatever judgement I am given for discriminating, rather than having my daughter/sister subjected to the risk of the fucked up shit that has happened before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, again, if you're going to open a thread such as this to discuss the attack, that's fine.

If you're going to do so to discuss how "bad" Islam is, or any other faith for that matter, the thread is going to get locked because we don't allow religion-bashing nor religious discussion here.

Nor are moderation decisions a valid discussion topic. If you have an issue with moderation, send it to a global moderator.

Since I've caught this thread earlier than the last, I'm going to leave this as a warning rather than close the thread at this point, but keep the thread on-topic or we'll have to close it regardless.

So... a murder.
    The intention matters. Harming people because your religion book tells you its the right thing makes it religious motivated terrorism. The dude that bombed the bus in germany wasnt a terrorist (even if he had actually killed people) because his intention was to get money and not because he follows a political/religious goal.

Its really this simple. Even if the death toll is 0 it can be terrorism btw. Wounded victims actually have it worse they have to fight for their life and then have to live with the scars (mentally/physically) for the rest of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanzal View Post
    If you say stuff like, "Islam is a terrorist religion" ofcourse you are a rascist. 99.99999% of all people practising islam is not a terrorist so it would make you either really stupid or a rascist if you actually think it's the religion that's the problem. The problem is that the countries in the middle east are not as developed as the countries in the west and therefore many uneducated people become brainwashed.
    Islam isn't a race

I don't think you can stop it at this point. Isis basically has training camps in Belgium. Europe is flirting with disaster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I don't think you can stop it at this point. Isis basically has training camps in Belgium. Europe is flirting with disaster.
    Blair isnt in jail jet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    There was a thread.. @Endus closed it because imaginary "Islamophobia". We mere mortals are not mature enough to speak about such things.
    Don't you understand? The liberal narrative is that supposed "islamophopbia" is causing terrorism. It upsets muslim's feelings and then they must carry out acts of terrorism, even though liberals also say that terrorism has nothing to do with Islam.

The mental gymnastics of the left.

In France there are always attacks before elections since 2015. Coincidence.
    Last edited by beyelynn; 2017-08-02 at 09:54 AM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    So nothing really important?
    it was surely meant to cause more havoc. but...attacking a polica van ? how are the odds to get away with that; police in paris at a day short of an election weekend is armed.

Islam is not a race. If you dislike Islam, it does not necessarily make you racist. If you hate all Middle East people, then you are racist. A religion is not a race. Ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Don't you understand? The liberal narrative is that supposed "islamophopbia" is causing terrorism. It upsets muslim's feelings and then they must carry out acts of terrorism, even though liberals also say that terrorism has nothing to do with Islam.

The mental gymnastics of the left.
    No the left mentality is something more simple and logical than that.

Think of 100 people who have absolutely nothing in common, do not know each other at all except they're muslim. One of them commits an attack. Then suddenly the right goes across and attacks verbally and sometimes physically the other 99 who have absolutely nothing to do with it, hold 0 responsibility and never knew the attacker anyway. The let's view is simple the 99 are 100% innocent so shouldn't be shamed, blamed or attacked by actions of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    No the left mentality is something more simple and logical than that.

Think of 100 people who have absolutely nothing in common, do not know each other at all except they're muslim. One of them commits an attack. Then suddenly the right goes across and attacks verbally and sometimes physically the other 99 who have absolutely nothing to do with it, hold 0 responsibility and never knew the attacker anyway. The let's view is simple the 99 are 100% innocent so shouldn't be shamed, blamed or attacked by actions of others.

Are you really sympathizing with terrorists because someone at some time verbally attacks someone who shares their religious views?

Oh Lawd!

Deleted
    "I did warn you if you got into bed with those people"

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Are you really sympathizing with terrorists because someone at some time verbally attacks someone who shares their religious views?

Oh Lawd!
    No I am saying there are those guilty and those that are not. Don't go after the innocent.

Or is it "we must hate all muslims or we sympathize with the terrorists." now?