Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    SC1 is broken as of now(for me at least). I can't overwrite a group once I assign it to a hotkey(among other issues)... I guess they want you to be frustrated with the crappy old free version so you buy the HD version this summer...

- - - Updated - - -

Guild halls would be such an easy thing to implement(with their current tech) but they can't seem to figure it out.
    Yeah sure, go then and teach them how to implement this feature. Im pretty sure devs like you will do this in max 2h.

If the transmog items you can buy with the tokens are unique or "must have" recolors or redesigns, I imagine there will be a lot of complaints when someone's "legit" mog is never chosen as the winner, and they miss out on tokens.

It will take more than two hours, but it is exactly the same thing as garrisons except you put everyone with the same guild tag in the instance...
    Most likely there is an issue with the spaghetti code WoW is built on. They can't even change the backpack size without messing with EVERY currency in the game.

So wouldn't surprise me that it is near impossible to create guild halls, because of some code created 12 years ago, that now is too late to change because too much is built around/on it.

Which is why they should kill WoW, and start with WoW2. New code and all that jazz, that is up to todays standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of hate myself for being excited about the Trial of Style... my "Smeyes" are gonna be "fierce"! If you know what that it is... you can join me in my shame and self loathing.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Most likely there is an issue with the spaghetti code WoW is built on. They can't even change the backpack size without messing with EVERY currency in the game.

So wouldn't surprise me that it is near impossible to create guild halls, because of some code created 12 years ago, that now is too late to change because too much is built around/on it.

Which is why they should kill WoW, and start with WoW2. New code and all that jazz, that is up to todays standards.
    Dude .. did you ever code a bigger project with more then 5 people?

Yes, the problem sounds so stupid and easy to fix, but it isn't. For the WoW Bag Problem, remember that this game was coded 15 years ago (before the release of course) and they used some other code from WC3 AFAIK. First off all, the coding philosophy was a bit different as of today and I guess nobody could foresee, that the game would still be running in 2017. Also we're talking here about a cluster ready game with million lines of code ... you won't believe what a mess a small change in one line of code can do in 200 other modules you never thought about being related in any way.

It's not about the code or changes they made over the years, it's simply that the workload is enormous to read into and to do a QC. And they would change the whole function to a current date level, so additional changes can be done easily. And that is what makes it quite tricky.

Btw. a new start wouldn't fix anything. They would need at least 5 years with an army of devs to get a new game to the current level we have today. They need to port the script engines, movements, AI etc. - not to mention the tons of textures etc.

And even if they did it all anew ... it would fail like any other "WoW-Killer" that raised the past years. Just because you CAN'T compete with a game that is on the market for a fucking decade. The ppl tend to expect the same content and balance as WoW at least, and you can't get that with a new game.

Same goes for Starcraft - they just released the first patch for a games that is ages old. Get yourself the Command & Conquer Pack any you will see, how many issues there are. They will need some time to get the Game up to date and fix all the annoying bugs. Takes some time to get used to the program code, nobody worked on in the past several years. And first of all you need to find the guys, that actually CAN code for the game, without learning everything new.
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5

It will take more than two hours, but it is exactly the same thing as garrisons except you put everyone with the same guild tag in the instance...
    And what purpose this would have? To afk like in garisson? What mechanics, gameplay, options? Gotta love all those "awesome playerdev ideas" without any details. You have such great knowldege about coding that Im sure you can spare us some details.

So basically feature that nobody would give a shiit about 1 month after release?

10+ Year Old Account
    seriously? A fashion show? The f*ck is going on ...

Quote Originally Posted by dumkin View Post
    So this is What is going to reward the pandaria CM sets? I worked so hard to earn the set on all classes, only to be re-added as a transmog contest reward..... I dont even....
    Where do you see that? I might've missed it, but don't see anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    And what purpose this would have? To afk like in garisson? What mechanics, gameplay, options? Gotta love all those "awesome playerdev ideas" without any details. You have such great knowldege about coding that Im sure you can spare us some details.
    Guild halls have been a thing since vanilla. Ever try to schedule an in-game guild meeting? We'd have to find obscure, out of the way places, so random people wouldn't run through, or run into the middle and disrupt. There's also the issue of displaying trophies, like the Garrison. Guild perks used to be a thing, they could add guildportals inside to whatever raids they're working on. They could put the guild bank interface there. There's tons of stuff they could add in there, that would be a benefit to guilds - something that they don't seem to care about anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maerad View Post
    Same goes for Starcraft - they just released the first patch for a games that is ages old. Get yourself the Command & Conquer Pack any you will see, how many issues there are. They will need some time to get the Game up to date and fix all the annoying bugs. Takes some time to get used to the program code, nobody worked on in the past several years. And first of all you need to find the guys, that actually CAN code for the game, without learning everything new.
    That's exactly what they're doing - and this is all part of the big push for eSports. Free Starcraft means lots more people populating the ranks. Get 'em into competitive play, then get the upgrade cash to HD and Starcraft 2. Or that's what they hope. I can't imagine trying to compete against the zerg rush.

Quote Originally Posted by dumkin View Post
    So this is What is going to reward the pandaria CM sets? I worked so hard to earn the set on all classes, only to be re-added as a transmog contest reward..... I dont even....
    So many people already bought their set with gold, so not sure why you're so bothered this time.

Blizzard overslept? Aprils fools on the 21st?

O M G - fashion game....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Where do you see that? I might've missed it, but don't see anything about it.
    Nothings concrete has been said about what the rewards are to my knowledge, people have just assumed it could possibily be them. Given there was this in the patch notes: Pandaria Challenge Dungeon sets have been added to Appearances.

I suspect the trial of style will be rigged by some larger guilds / groups,. if the rewards are worth rigging the trial for.

if it's just decorative,. it might not as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerad View Post
    Dude .. did you ever code a bigger project with more then 5 people?

Yes, the problem sounds so stupid and easy to fix, but it isn't. For the WoW Bag Problem, remember that this game was coded 15 years ago (before the release of course) and they used some other code from WC3 AFAIK. First off all, the coding philosophy was a bit different as of today and I guess nobody could foresee, that the game would still be running in 2017. Also we're talking here about a cluster ready game with million lines of code ... you won't believe what a mess a small change in one line of code can do in 200 other modules you never thought about being related in any way.

It's not about the code or changes they made over the years, it's simply that the workload is enormous to read into and to do a QC. And they would change the whole function to a current date level, so additional changes can be done easily. And that is what makes it quite tricky.

Btw. a new start wouldn't fix anything. They would need at least 5 years with an army of devs to get a new game to the current level we have today. They need to port the script engines, movements, AI etc. - not to mention the tons of textures etc.

And even if they did it all anew ... it would fail like any other "WoW-Killer" that raised the past years. Just because you CAN'T compete with a game that is on the market for a fucking decade. The ppl tend to expect the same content and balance as WoW at least, and you can't get that with a new game.

So.. you agree with what I posted. The code is too old to make huge changes now. No need to make a wall of text.

And a WoW2 wouldn't be like the other "wow-killers", simply because it would be Blizzard that created it. If you don't see the reason, I won't even bother trying to explain it to you.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    So.. you agree with what I posted. The code is too old to make huge changes now. No need to make a wall of text.

And a WoW2 wouldn't be like the other "wow-killers", simply because it would be Blizzard that created it. If you don't see the reason, I won't even bother trying to explain it to you.
    No what's going to happen is that the belf with the best slutmog will win 90% of the time due to so many weebs and nerd-virgins playing WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Yubelluna View Post
    Nothings concrete has been said about what the rewards are to my knowledge, people have just assumed it could possibily be them. Given there was this in the patch notes: Pandaria Challenge Dungeon sets have been added to Appearances.
    Ah ok. Though I always thought they should add another way to obtain sets like that (or anything removed). Heck even a "timewalking keystone" thing would work.

Wow, that Trial of Style looks awesome!! I'm so excited, it's great that they're doing something with transmog! I was really hoping there would be a catwalk, though. Really hoping. Maybe someday. :c Standing on a stage feels a little anticlimactic to me -- perhaps having the characters walk slowly up to the front of the stage then stay there? That'd be neat rather than just instantly teleporting. Exciting nonetheless, though!

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    No what's going to happen is that the belf with the best slutmog will win 90% of the time due to so many weebs and nerd-virgins playing WoW
    Eh, did you quote the wrong person? Or did you also agree with a post I made some pages ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like this mog contest is just going to make me hate the plebeian masses all the more. There's no way they'll appreciate the subtle, yet beauteous, aesthetic wonderment that is my fashion sense.

I'm sure the paladin in full tier 2 or the hard core raider in gear half contestants haven't seen yet will win every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    More like 4.0 - 6.2
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain