Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

If Anduin becomes a paladin then other races such as UD or NE should be Paladins

So after watching the new cinematic with Anduin we can imagine that he will become a Paladin in the future.

If that's really the case then all other races such us Undead or Night Elf should also be able to be Paladins - because they can be priests.

I hope these new class/race combos will be a new feature in the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    So after watching the new cinematic with Anduin we can imagine that he will become a Paladin in the future.

If that's really the case then all other races such us Undead or Night Elf should also be able to be Paladins - because they can be priests.

I hope these new class/race combos will be a new feature in the next expansion.
    I pray for the day I can be a NELF Paladin. Would pretty much be perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    .. But he's human? Humans can be both Priest and Paladin?

Or am I missing something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealslayer View Post
    .. But he's human? Humans can be both Priest and Paladin?

Or am I missing something?
    Paladin = Priest in plate and military training.

Deleted
    Wow, I never heard that idea before. Ever.

tbh with the now 2 Nightelf-Paladin-Champions I don't think, that Nightelf-Paladins aren't something blizz wants to put into the game. However Undead Pallies still rub me kind of the wrong way. But hey, they changed the lore around for Forsaken Priests so I guess they could add those as well at some point.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post

You're going to have to explain that there logic because to me it seems more like a false equivalence fallacy.

based on the pally order hall i can see Nelf Pallies becoming a thing... its odd but hey it kinda works like sun walkers i guess. Undead pallies should have been implemented vs holy cows after the fall of the LK. Would have been easy to do 1 or 2 quest about how with the death of LK some fallen paladins are feeling the pull of the light again, so you have awoken as forsaken, and your first quest is to get your old libram.. so yeah.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Paladin = Priest in plate and military training.
    Yeah, I get that. I still don't understand how Anduin becoming Paladin from Priest is a reason why they should allow Undead or NE Paladins.

OP's example being "Well, Anduin did it. Why can't Undead or NEs?"..

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope you do realize that the original Paladins, you know ..... the Humans (and by extension, Dwarves) followed quite literally the path that Anduin just did.... Cleric (Priest) becoming Knights of the Silver Hand (Paladin) to arise to a challenge beyond the typical teachings of a Priest.

This is Anduin, a Human, doing what Humans do, and have done since the Second War. It's a very human thing to do.

Anduin is literally just a time-told reflection of what the Paladin order (Knights of the Silver Hand) is.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2017-04-21 at 03:29 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

What?

So because thrall who was once a warrior became a shaman, all classes who are warriors should be allowed to be shamans?

Except in both cases, both classes already fit that race.

Orcs can be warriors OR shamans.

Humans can be priests OR paladins.

These are main characters that are going to get special circumstance. This happens when telling stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I get that. I still don't understand how Anduin becoming Paladin from Priest is a reason why they should allow Undead or NE Paladins.

Aye, that's like saying because Eitrigg joins us in Skyhold means that Horde will get Valarjar as playable >_>

He's already supposed to be some super powered Priest/Paladin based off that Legion launch comic about him taking over after Varian dies.

Priests became paladins. This has been known since Warcraft II, when paladins were introduced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Aye, that's like saying because Eitrigg joins us in Skyhold means that Horde will get Valarjar as playable >_>
    Path of OP's logic hurts me brain.

I would like to have less restriction on class/race combos though. Gnomes should be able to be whatever class they want.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What i'm getting from it is: Any priest can grab a sword/hammer, don some plate and become a paladin.
    But using that logic we'd get troll paladins, worgen paladins, and god forbid fucking panda paladins.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Night elf priests use light in the form of moon light, not the holy light of the humans (not represented properly in game).
    Undead priests bend and twist the light in a perverse way - it is not the same holy light of the humans (not represented properly in game).

Tauren priests and paladins supposedly use the SUN light instead of the holy light, but it is again not represented properly in game.
    So theoretically blizz could make priest-capable classes also have paladins.

Several times over the decade blizz stated that the priests of various races are actually very different but for gameplay purposes they just make them the same.
    In vanilla priests had some unique different spells that kinda flavored it but they got removed.

When will that stupid Undead Paladin meme die?

1. We already have our First Nelf Pally.

2. VERY FEW Undead can wield the light. And even with that boost, it hurts them....

3. Anduin's a HUMAN! Well, a Very GIFTED AF Human (Said to be Gifted enough as for him to be one of the Leaders against the Void Lords). So, no wonder he becomes a pally. It's a VERY Human thing to do. It happened in the Second war, It happens now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck it. Making a theory right now...

Anduin will be a 7.3 Pally Follower, Along with Turalyon! DONE!

CALLING IT!

Crap.... that's a good thought... but a King as follower? Sadly doubt it would happen.

I think we're going to get Yrel and Turalyon as our Legendary Followers.

Yrel needs to come back into our lives.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Priests became paladins. This has been known since Warcraft II, when paladins were introduced.
    I don't believe this is correct. Priests trained a select group of warriors, teaching them how to use the light to enhance their capabilities on the battlefield. Thus some knights became paladins while the priests remained priests.