1. #1

    If I made an Alt how much would I have to do?

    Would I have to fully complete all the zones again etc? Or just level to 110 and do 7.2 content/Suramar? Just wanna know how much graft I'd have to do besides the obvious AP.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneezedip View Post
    Would I have to fully complete all the zones again etc? Or just level to 110 and do 7.2 content/Suramar? Just wanna know how much graft I'd have to do besides the obvious AP.
    Just level to 110 and do 7.2 content/Suramar. You'll have your main's flying from the getgo as it's account wide, and if you don't have flying yet then you'll have the Flight Master's Whistle available immediately upon hitting 110 without doing any of the requirements that your main had to do. You can also give your alt Artifact Knowledge 25 immediately (if you have AK 30, the book is always 5 behind your main's AK) by buying it from the AK vendor on your main and sending the book to your alt.
    Your alt will still have to do the class campaign and the Broken Shore campaign, but other than that you can pretty much do everything that your main can, including Karazhan, Court of Stars and Arcway.

  3. #3
    It all depends on what you want. If you want the Artifact appearances you'll have to do all that over again, If you want the Orderhall set Items, you would have to do all the content and Rep grinds that unlock them. No you don't Have to fully complete zones. With alts, you only do what you want to do, but understand one thing, if there is anything "gated" you want.... you will have to reach that gate. Instances are unlock Account wide, so you won't have to unlock CoS, Arc, or Kara.

  4. #4
    Buy a compendium from your class hall vendor for your most progressed character for Artifact Knowledge.
    That allows you to catchup to within I think 5 levels of AK.
    1k Order Hall Resources each, Bind to Account.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneezedip View Post
    Would I have to fully complete all the zones again etc? Or just level to 110 and do 7.2 content/Suramar? Just wanna know how much graft I'd have to do besides the obvious AP.
    That depends on what you want to do with that alt. If you don't care about WQs, then you don't have to fully complete zones. You HAVE to do the class campaign in order to unlock third relic slot if you want to be anywhere near competetive in any kind of non-solo content, but other than that, there is nothing that is mandatory. The story is irrelevant and gear can be gained in numerous ways.

    Edit: You also need to power up your weapon to gain access to the new traits. But that's it.
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 2017-04-21 at 04:40 PM.
    No Flying = No Playing

  6. #6
    Well it's an ALT for now as I've never played the class but if I like how it plays I expect it to become my main. And if that's the case I'm guessing I would be in for a long ride? Or is it still fine to leave some stuff if I'm not bothered about appearances etc?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneezedip View Post
    Well it's an ALT for now as I've never played the class but if I like how it plays I expect it to become my main. And if that's the case I'm guessing I would be in for a long ride? Or is it still fine to leave some stuff if I'm not bothered about appearances etc?
    Really the hyped up "alt-unfriendliness" that these boards and other boards try to lie and report as true are just that. Lies.

    The game isn't alt-unfriendly. People who play multiple alts have a skewed view of how MMOs work thinking that they should be able to be EQUALLY on par with their main at all times, which is just BS. In fact, i'd say the game is VERY alt friendly because once you have done stuff once on your main, it is much easier to do on an alt (AK levels instantly 25 anyone?) Also you can do all the surmar quests one right after another because there is no time gates anymore.

    So yeah, hit level 110, and get your 25 AK and watch your weapon go from level 10 Traits, to maxed out 34 traits in one day lol. Then just gear up normally and start on broken shore and get some nethershards and buy 880 gear. You can be mythic raid ToS ready within about a week or two after hitting 110.
    Flaks - My Pally
    Keep Flight OUT of Current Content. You want to fly on Argus? hahahahahahahaha
    To all my fans, thank you for your support over the years. ~sincerely Jaylock
    Leftism/Antifa is a disease and it needs to be purged from the world.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneezedip View Post
    Or is it still fine to leave some stuff if I'm not bothered about appearances etc?
    The class campaign and unlocking new traits is the absolute minimum, everything else can be gained regardless of quest/story progress.
    No Flying = No Playing

  9. #9
    Nothing, you wouldn't have to do anything. You could choose to do whatever you want.

  10. #10
    High Overlord mrsohta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dreams
    Posts
    167
    If you want to get everything done it takes 2-3 weeks including balance of power

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Really the hyped up "alt-unfriendliness" that these boards and other boards try to lie and report as true are just that. Lies.

    The game isn't alt-unfriendly. People who play multiple alts have a skewed view of how MMOs work thinking that they should be able to be EQUALLY on par with their main at all times, which is just BS. In fact, i'd say the game is VERY alt friendly because once you have done stuff once on your main, it is much easier to do on an alt (AK levels instantly 25 anyone?) Also you can do all the surmar quests one right after another because there is no time gates anymore.

    So yeah, hit level 110, and get your 25 AK and watch your weapon go from level 10 Traits, to maxed out 34 traits in one day lol. Then just gear up normally and start on broken shore and get some nethershards and buy 880 gear. You can be mythic raid ToS ready within about a week or two after hitting 110.
    Thanks for the information - Is this the best route in order to be gear ready for ToS nethershards? Or should I run it trough some Nighthold?

  12. #12
    The alt specific thing would be your class hall stuff to unlock your 3rd relic slot. Otherwise, if your main is progressed enough, your alt will have no problems. And remember, we are in s3 of PVP, so the PVP towers and shit give higher ilevel gear initially than the other WQs for the most part.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Really the hyped up "alt-unfriendliness" that these boards and other boards try to lie and report as true are just that. Lies.

    The game isn't alt-unfriendly.
    At the start of the expansion, it was by far the worst alt friendly period in the post BC history of WoW. Now, it is the most alt-friendly period in the history of WoW.

    It literally went from "make alts do every angonizing shit thing all over again" to the current "fuck it, just give them fucking everything, including legendaries at level 101"
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Also you can do all the surmar quests one right after another because there is no time gates anymore..

    While there are no time gates, there is still the Rep gate.

    My pally is still waiting on the period right after hitting Revered where you have to get 7k into Revered before the questline starts again.

  14. #14
    I got my alt from 100-110 in 2 days playing casually. Another 2-3 days I was 870ish ilvl and AK 27 I believe. It's pretty easy to get geared up. I bought a full set of 850 gear with nethershards. That lets you go right into Nighthold LFR and so forth.

    Softbottom <Game Over>
    Proudmoore

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    And remember, we are in s3 of PVP, so the PVP towers and shit give higher ilevel gear initially than the other WQs for the most part.
    Didn't think about that, thanks ;D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •