Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Simple question for everyone here:

Would you be in favor of Blizzard adding "Transmog Packages" to the Cash Shop that allowed you to buy a complete set of Transmog Gear (a full set that can be learned and put into your transmog closet like the set you can learn from ToV, or the Shaman set from SOO)?

So basically maybe for $20 bucks, you could buy a full Tier 2 Paladin set. Or maybe if you just need specific pieces of the set, you could pay like $4-5 dollars each (so instead of paying 20 bucks for the full set when you only need 1 or 2 items).

Personally, I think this would be a great idea and I know I would probably buy some if they did this. You could still farm the gear from old raids and get it that way, but this would just be an added layer of convenience and it would also probably prompt people to buy some off the Cash Shop because they really want the look, but dont want to go hunting for it.

Honest opinions and thoughts?

Edit:

Here is the reason I see this as acceptable:

1) The sets are still obtainable in game through playing it normally

2) If people want to spend their money on a transmog set why would that be a negative?

3) How does it hurt other people to give this as an option for people who want to spend the money, especially since they arent buying raid gear, they are buying the raid gear LOOK.

There could be a transmog section of the in-game and online cash shop that could be filtered by class and it could have all the OLD tier set transmog looks for sale. I'm sure a lot of people would utilize it. I would probably be buying a few sets as well.
    give me your address so i can show you our displeasure at your horrible, shitshow idea with a 2x4
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    No disrespect intended - but seriously - wtf is wrong with you? Sure, if it wasn't a sub game. But it is. The cash shop already should not exist at all. Not sure how people fail to wrap their head's around this.
    wtf is wrong with me? What do you mean? Why shouldn't there be a cash shop at all? If there is demand for it, (which there is) why not provide it for their players?

You and others like you are blind. You cant see logic because you are so blinded by your entitled attitude that everything should be included just for the sub fee. Players have and will continue to pay for *GASP* OPTIONAL extras on the cash shop.

If people are willing to pay, why not put transmog sets up on the cash shop? Please answer me that. If people are willing to pay, why not?

wtf is wrong with me? What do you mean? Why shouldn't there be a cash shop at all? If there is demand for it, (which there is) why not provide it for their players?

You and others like you are blind. You cant see logic because you are so blinded by your entitled attitude that everything should be included just for the sub fee. Players have and will continue to pay for *GASP* OPTIONAL extras on the cash shop.

If people are willing to pay, why not put transmog sets up on the cash shop? Please answer me that. If people are willing to pay, why not?
    This. I'd pay for older sets. Including Tier 3.

Deleted
    I would like the feature if it's items that are no longer obtainable, due to changes made to the game etc
    Especially since alot of the old items , some people, myself included got rid of as no proper storage back then or XMog wardrobe
    The pre expansion kara boss that dropped the guitar wep springs to mind, had that drop but it was on an alt I deleted years ago

Many people use and buy stuff from the Cash Shop.

Its your subjective and quite frankly ignorant opinion that it is bad.
    It's actually all your bad threads that are bad.
    6,962 posts of complete shit posting, what a way to spend a life.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

I would be very much against this idea. I feel as though in an MMORPG, or really any "RPG" in general is customization. Customization that had to be worked for. Sometimes, wearing a transmog is a sign of "look what I was able to accomplish." In other words, bragging rights.

I enjoy walking around in gear that I actually farmed to get, or beat challenging content in order to get said gear. I may be in the minority, but I never found "oh well it's just cosmetics" as an appropriate response to a game offering transmogs in a cash shop. For me, the end game of an MMORPG is to look how I want to look. So farming for these transmog pieces is essentially my end-game (minus playing the actual new content itself). So I feel being able to pay to have those transmogs would only devalue them.

And in response to the argument of it being optional, seeing as how you can still farm for the transmogs, that logic doesn't make sense to me. One of the major driving forces of our current human nature is to develop technology that makes life more convenient. And we will happily pay for that convenience if the price is right. If you are offering transmog pieces for a few dollars, the effort now becomes a moot point. Let's see, I can farm hours upon hours for a piece of gear, or I can spend $4 for it. What do you think is going to happen? Once the piece falls to drop a few times, frustration will kick in and those $4 will seem like a fair price to pay for convenience. Thus, reducing the amount of play time for people. For me at least.

MMORPG's are largely about freedom and options, and I tend to embrace those changes. But this one I just wouldn't feel comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    It's actually all your bad threads that are bad.
    6,962 posts of complete shit posting, what a way to spend a life.
    Again that's your subjective opinion. Claiming your opinion is "fact" and silly at best. But alas when you decide you want to discuss the topic at hand I would be happy to.

In regards to your last statement here, I have to say that is a very flawed logic. If people are willing to pay, why not? The same reason Blizzard didnt want flying in WoD/Legion, so people have no choice but to SEE and EXPERIENCE the content. People are also willing to pay for a fully loaded mythic-geared character, so why not offer those in the cash shop as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not? The more things in the shop the better, as it add a way to get it.

I seriously see no harm in adding an ADDITIONAL way to get it as long as the original source stay for those who don't want to spend money.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This. I'd pay for older sets. Including Tier 3.
    You forgot to say "you know me, Jay" again. You're breaking character.

Interesting proposition. Would you be willingly to pay for exclusive content? For arguments only, suppose raids are now an additional DLC that needs to be pay for. Not part of the standard patch release. Now I choose raiding because there has arguments about who should raid, about the prestige of raiding and the gear associated with it.

Again that's your subjective opinion. Claiming your opinion is "fact" and silly at best. But alas when you decide you want to discuss the topic at hand I would be happy to.
    You're Jaylock? If not, why don't you mind your own business.
    I was a Death's Demise.

You're Jaylock? If not, why don't you mind your own business.
    If you have issues with my posting report it to moderation or use the ignore function built into the site. You had an opinion of someone. That's all it is. That's all it ever will be. Claiming your opinion is "fact" just shows you have no interest in the discussion. Which you have already proven by choosing to attack the OP rather than discuss the topic.

As I said if you want to discuss this topic I would be happy to.

If you have issues with my posting report it to moderation or use the ignore function built into the site. You had an opinion of someone. That's all it is. That's all it ever will be. Claiming your opinion is "fact" just shows you have no interest in the discussion. Which you have already proven by choosing to attack the OP rather than discuss the topic.

As I said if you want to discuss this topic I would be happy to.
    Why would I discuss the topic to some pleb I wasn't directing a comment to?
    My opinion is fact, sorry you feel otherwise.
    I was a Death's Demise.

Why would I discuss the topic to some pleb I wasn't directing a comment to?
    My opinion is fact, sorry you feel otherwise.
    You made personal comments about a person whom you do not know. That is your opinion of them. Now what I just said was a fact. Sorry you feel otherwise
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-27 at 01:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit this idea is fucking awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I mean, I know this is a jaylock thread and all but I wouldn't mind WoW adding old tier sets to their micro transaction list. Especially tier 3.
    I'd actually love that. There's so many mmos out there now where you can buy costumes and transmogs, GW2, ESO, Wildstar, FFXIV.

About time Blizzard adds that to their shop as well, not just the three head pieces they've had for years now.

Jaylock threads are a bummer anymore. They just catch stupid people, and it's gotta be a shit life spending this much time and effort shooting fish in a barrel day in and day out. On a website that you can't visit without adblock that covers a shit game to boot. Lowest of the low tier on the bottom of the totem pole. Now that's a legacy.

Let me buy the elite pvp sets.. at least the 1 or 2 good looking ones.

Generally speaking, no, I have no problem with p2p MMOs having/stocking a cash shop. It does seem somewhat different with WoW - though I can't put my finger on as to why. Old sets I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with, and in some cases might even consider buying them(8+ weeks farming Lawbringer pants...not at all what I would deem "fun").

I'd be against entirely new items being put in. Even in other MMOs it's hard to not think "wow that could have been a really awesome item for <insert class/armor tier>.