Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My last CoD game was modern warfare (cod 4 i think?) I boycotted them after that for quite a few common and valid reasons. If they go back to their roots and make this game similar to their WW2 cod games back in the day im totally in. I do not want a bunch of kill streaks and stupid gimicks just give me good maps WW2 weapons and let us fight! Some of the best times I had was cod 2 I think.. so many awesome maps in that game! Could play them over and over again. Scrimming and pugging with your clan was a blast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    From what I gather, people like variety, and there hasnt been a WW2 shooter like COD in a while. Maybe it finally hit the nostalgia factor? As for future shooters, Titanfall might take that mantle for triple A devs. Then again Titanfall 2 didnt do well to my knowledge, mostly because it was sandwiched between two other giant releases. Which is a shame because I hear nothing but good things about Titanfall 2
    Titanfall is a failure as a franchise. I constantly hear the excuse that Titanfall 2 didn't sell well because of BF1 but when I log on PSN to play Titanfall 2 and there's only 7000 people online something is wrong.

Word of mouth would've gotten to people that Titanfall 2 is a good game and they should play it. But its not a good game and that's why its numbers are so low.

I could go on forever with my issues with that game but its not a Titanfall thread so I'll just leave it be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    I don't really know anyone who ''hated'' WaW, and if they did then its because it has been WW2 shooters since like 2002 or so and we were in 2008, now its been modern day or futuristic crap for 9 years so its well over the clock for a decent modern gfx style WW2 shooter again.

If you hate it then don't buy it, I had to go through that shit since the first modern style CoD, I know many people who love to play with a kar98 or springfield sniper or any of the WW2 guns.
    Sales of the last CoD only confirm this, most people got it for the remastered version attached to it, for the rest it has been on sale here more times in the last 4 months then any other game released in the last year, a local store here couldn't even flock it when they tried to give it for free with a ps4 pro on launch.
    Yes WaW was extremely unpopular during its time. People hated the setting, the tanks, the maps, the hit detection, the overpowered smg's that made sniping extremely hard.

People also hated Treyarch games back then because they were always worse than the Infinity Ward CoD games (I still think IW is better but its arguable now that Treyarch is better).

Deleted
    Titanfall is a failure as a franchise. I constantly hear the excuse that Titanfall 2 didn't sell well because of BF1 but when I log on PSN to play Titanfall 2 and there's only 7000 people online something is wrong.

Word of mouth would've gotten to people that Titanfall 2 is a good game and they should play it. But its not a good game and that's why its numbers are so low.

I could go on forever with my issues with that game but its not a Titanfall thread so I'll just leave it be.
    Well, it's too hardcore for most console players I guess, the skill difference is between two players there is directly thrown at your face there.
    The franchise itself did indeed fail, because of Titanfall 1 though.
    Similar to how the CoD franchise is basically only surviving because of CoD 1+2 and MW1... just the opposite way.

Gameplay and handling wise, Titanfall 2 is probably the best shooter currently... phenomenal 3d movement, fast paced, stylish and a really good SP too.

Way better than BF, even though I only played like... ~30h-40 in TF1+2 together... and about 1000h in BF3+4+1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Wouldn't BF have to go back to WW2 first, then Vietnam? I mean the last BF game just went back to WW1, so if this CoD does well (and it probably will, commercially speaking), perhaps the next BF entry will be in a WW2 setting.
    I figured BF doing WW2 after WW1 would be a bit redundant. They could always go for Battlefield 2042 also.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Yes WaW was extremely unpopular during its time. People hated the setting, the tanks, the maps, the hit detection, the overpowered smg's that made sniping extremely hard.

People also hated Treyarch games back then because they were always worse than the Infinity Ward CoD games (I still think IW is better but its arguable now that Treyarch is better).
    I don't think it was that way at all. I never once heard anyone complain about the setting. The maps were really good, the only one I didn't like was Nightfire, something about it pissed me off.

It's true the SMGs were good, the MP40 in particular. So many people were running with MP40/Juggernaut combo. I preferred the PPSh with Bandolier, Stopping Power and Dead Silence.

think they finally do a german story?

or would humanizing the germans ruin the hollywood story? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I havent played a CoD game in a while but i might give this one a go.

Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    think they finally do a german story?

or would humanizing the germans ruin the hollywood story? :P
    Oh please, nazis are the most acceptable target there is. So many war crimes you can commit on them and no one cares because, hey, they are evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Oh please, nazis are the most acceptable target there is. So many war crimes you can commit on them and no one cares because, hey, they are evil.
    well i am no nazi symphatizer. I just think it would just be interesting to see the other side of the war represented in a way other than nameless cannon fodder

Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    well i am no nazi symphatizer. I just think it would just be interesting to see the other side of the war represented in a way other than nameless cannon fodder
    I'd like to see a campaign as a soldier in the 7th Panzer Division that went into France. Rommel's division.

Deleted
    Multiplayer trailer actually looks really interesting:

As long a we aren't jetpacking through space or whatever, I'm on board for this one.

I'm also really hoping we get the straight mission to mission campaign path, none of that weird select a World mumbo jumbo from the previous games.

Er... this is a really unfair, one-sided assessment of an entire people that absolute strips them of any humanity.

Arguably doesn't make you any better than they. People are people. Killing is an unfortunate necessity at times but never delude yourself into believing one side is absolute evil while yours is the righteous hand of God.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Er... this is a really unfair, one-sided assessment of an entire people that absolute strips them of any humanity.

Arguably doesn't make you any better than they. People are people. Killing is an unfortunate necessity at times but never delude yourself into believing one side is absolute evil while yours is the righteous hand of God.
    OK, i will let Yahtzee explain it.

I'll pass. You need to be more thoughtful about others and not get too caught up in weird ideologies that dehumanize.

Nazis or not those were men with families and homes.

10+ Year Old Account
    10/10 has black females as nazis, so inclusive of the nazis
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

15+ Year Old Account
    After watching the e3 trailer I think I'm gonna pass since I was hoping for something more slower and accurate. I'll just stick to wolfenstein.

Deleted

Zombie mode looks cool

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw this video recently.

Agreed with this guy on most of his points about CoD: WW2, SJWs, and anti-SJW overreactions all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Saw this video recently.

Agreed with this guy on most of his points about CoD: WW2, SJWs, and anti-SJW overreactions all at once.

i'm ok with the females added into the game. heck, in most games I pick a female character over a male. The whole censoring online thing I'll agree with, however