Loot spec switching during mythic+

I'm not too familiar with how the loot in the chests at the end of a mythic+ is generated. Can I run a mythic+ as one spec and kill the last boss, then swap my loot spec to something else before opening the chests and get loot for the spec that I didn't just run the dungeon with?

You don't need to, you can have your loot spec set to whatever you want, regardless of roll you're filling.

PS. There is no reason to have your loot spec set to something other than what you want prior to killing the final boss

Since the only loot in the Mythic+ is from those chests, just set your loot spec at the beginning and you're good to go.

loot is generated the moment you complete the dungeon.
    I don't see why you would want to kill the last boss with lootspec A and then loot the chests with lootspec B, legendaries are awareded within the chest not on boss kills so my first sentence applies to those aswell. You only need to make sure to have the correct lootspec set before you finish the dungeon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reloe View Post
    loot is generated the moment you complete the dungeon.
    I don't see why you would want to kill the last boss with lootspec A and then loot the chests with lootspec B, legendaries are awareded within the chest not on boss kills so my first sentence applies to those aswell. You only need to make sure to have the correct lootspec set before you finish the dungeon.
    Thanks Reloe. LG :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Bers3rk View Post
    I'm not too familiar with how the loot in the chests at the end of a mythic+ is generated. Can I run a mythic+ as one spec and kill the last boss, then swap my loot spec to something else before opening the chests and get loot for the spec that I didn't just run the dungeon with?
    Just to confirm what the other poster said, loot in the chests in generated when you kill the final boss/mob, not when you open them. So switching specs before you open the chests won't help, you need to finish the dungeon in the spec you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Bers3rk View Post
    Right click on your portrait, and change your loot spec to whichever spec you want loot on. Legendaries you get are from actually looting the chest too, so there's no reason to ever change it in an m+